U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-21-2010, 01:05 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Reputation: 161

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
My point, whether you acknowledge it or not, is that domestic violence greatly exceeds the statistical reporting in the Muslim world. In other words, the Western world does not have a monopoly on domestic violence.
it's not about me acknowledge it or not , if you have facts to support you then my openion will be useless . the problem is that you are talking about muslim world with assumptions then you ignore my acknowledgment as someone lives within muslims world his entire life .
you even don't know muslims in your practical life , how then you consider yourself have knowledge about world you never lived in !!!

those links about statistics just for you to think about the violence be practiced against women in your countries within your cultures . the violence against women in muslims world are greatly less than yours .

don't accuse the teaching of our relegion regarding women while her position in our countries are more better than yours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2010, 06:24 AM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 314,921 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ting ling View Post
Al Bukhari Hadiths more worse ridiculous insult to Women



10 thousands in Hadiths in Al-Bukhari was irrigated by the Prophet muhammed peace be upon him


Allah’s Apostle (The blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "In Paradise there is a pavilion made of a single hollow pearl sixty miles wide, in each corner of which there are wives who will not see those in the other corners; and the believers will visit and enjoy them."
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:402

There is a great bliss wait of Muslims in heaven ....


Life is too short in the blink of eye and it all ends



jmooool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 07:31 AM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 314,921 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
  1. Pardon me, but the English in a good part of your post was well above the level in which you typically use. If you cited and copied an article, it is customary on this site to use the quote function and cite your source/URL.
  2. The existence of violence in families is not condoned in the West (which is why we have specific domestic violence laws), and we certainly never treat our victims with further violence and victimization. I am well aware of the domestic violence in the Islamic world...and the consequences there.
  3. Try to stay on topic. This thread is about husband-on-wife violence in Islam--if it exists, any justifications for it, and posters' reactions to that premise. Conversely, I for one have EQUAL DISDAIN for any religion that condones such behavior whether found in scripture or not.
when you ( west) claim to violence against women, whether by a spouse ( husband) or other Based on the verse of the Koran did not understand

That never it did call to violence..

The West's problem they are taking the concept of Islam through the media (Jewish Zionist media, who are involve the bulk of America)

it Is always against Islam and against Muslims

I remember that one of the Americans was learn Arabic Until he reads himself about islam and east Because that his media does not gives The true image about US



That said, this particular passage of yours:



APPALLS me. And, still, I am not completely surprised. Congratulations for expressing your true feelings about the female gender.

I wonder what they think of the men.
no thing call to appall ...The meaning of this That women, whether eastern or western may she be bad Despite that Islam rejects violence, verbal or physical Towards ....Islam asks her husband to try and advise her More often Succeed with her beat is Something symbolic Is not necessary to used ...The proof is that Muhammad peace be upon him forbade beating women..

That the West should proceed the same way with women ..

not criticizing while it use harsher forms of violence against Western women



thanks


jmooool

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 AM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 314,921 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
That's fine. Still, I would really like to see the source citation for those statistics.



rayneinspain, You meant about statistics I obtained from the report of the

U.S. federal police it was issued a report on violence against American women ...by researcher



jmooool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 AM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 314,921 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I guess someone raised in the Muslim world can hardly escape the mindset that is imprinted on them from birth on. The mere assumption that a woman has to be more obedient than a man, that a man is in any way above a woman, that his opinion and word way any more than hers, etc. contradicts our Western ideals. If a Muslim husband treats his wife well, fine. But that should be the standard regardless of any religion, the woman has just the same right not to be hurt as the man. It is not a noble or generous gesture on the part of the husband to threat his wife well. I don't like the notion that Muslim husbands have to threat their wives well because that is what their god tells them to do. And that they are allowed not to treat them well for whatever reason mentioned in the Koran or wherever.
I guess part of the problem in the Muslim world, just like in the Hindu world, is that many marriages are not based on love, not even on being in love. I assume that lowers the threshold of violence whenever there are differences between the couple.

Neuling, you said that many marriages are not based on love, not even on being in love ....


In the Western world all marriages are based on love But were not successful marriages, according to the statistics which the woman beaten or killed by a husband or boyfriend ...

True love is after marriage Where things are revealed but before Is nonsense...



jmooool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,370 posts, read 19,297,224 times
Reputation: 8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Neuling, you said that many marriages are not based on love, not even on being in love ....


In the Western world all marriages are based on love But were not successful marriages, according to the statistics which the woman beaten or killed by a husband or boyfriend ...

True love is after marriage Where things are revealed but before Is nonsense...



jmooool
Well, when I think of my Hindu friends, their parents did not get married for love, and what's more, it never developed later on, which is only natural. No matter how long you live with someone, you won't love that person just because you know them inside out. You can call it familiarity, dependence and what not, but it is not love. I prefer a love marriage that breaks up after 5 years to an arranged one that lasts for life.
Also, in my opinion domestic violence is more widespread in the Muslim and Hindu world than in the West. It might not seem like it because here in the West it is talked about and investigated in public (and even that is a more recent achievement), while in the Muslim and Hindu world talking about it is still a taboo, just like child abuse and gayness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,901,271 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, when I think of my Hindu friends, their parents did not get married for love, and what's more, it never developed later on, which is only natural. No matter how long you live with someone, you won't love that person just because you know them inside out. You can call it familiarity, dependence and what not, but it is not love. I prefer a love marriage that breaks up after 5 years to an arranged one that lasts for life.
Also, in my opinion domestic violence is more widespread in the Muslim and Hindu world than in the West. It might not seem like it because here in the West it is talked about and investigated in public (and even that is a more recent achievement), while in the Muslim and Hindu world talking about it is still a taboo, just like child abuse and gayness.
Well stated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,875 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
no thing call to appall ...The meaning of this That women, whether eastern or western may she be bad Despite that Islam rejects violence, verbal or physical Towards ....Islam asks her husband to try and advise her More often Succeed with her beat is Something symbolic Is not necessary to used ...The proof is that Muhammad peace be upon him forbade beating women..

That the West should proceed the same way with women ..

not criticizing while it use harsher forms of violence against Western women



thanks


jmooool
Symbolic? Really now....


YouTube - Wife Beating in Islam - Only a rod will help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 01:18 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,184,458 times
Reputation: 4536
^^after viewing the video, there is now nothing I can say in response that will pass TOS.

Too angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,901,271 times
Reputation: 7014
I think I would like one of those muslim women who enjoy being beaten...................is sadomasochism popular in Islam? Might have to convert after all............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top