U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 PM

16 posts, read 34,289 times

Advertisements

Islam dosent teach to beat your wife. I think OP is tryin to bad mouth Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 11:51 PM

30,927 posts, read 31,849,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactolv View Post
Islam dosent teach to beat your wife. I think OP is tryin to bad mouth Islam
There is no point in denying it in this day and age.The internet gives us access to all kinds of information including the Quran.

Bahraini Cleric Abdullah Latif Aal Mahmoud informs his audience of the correct way to beat their wives: "If the husband wants to use beatings to treat his wife, he must never ever do it in front of the children. It must remain between him and her. It must be done according to the following conditions: He must not cause bleeding or bruise her body. He should avoid her face and other sensitive parts of her body. As we've said, the limitations on beating are: They must not cause bleeding, they should not break any bones, they should not be on the face, and they should not bruise her."

Our advice to a Muslim wife whose husband chooses to follow this mullah's advice: wait till he gets real close, then knee him right where it hurts. Hard.
Vital Perspective: Arabian Nights: Rules for beating your wife

This the reason I no longer believe anything a Muslim says..
Islam Watch - "Understanding Taqiyya ― Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah" by Warner MacKenzie

Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 AM

241 posts, read 433,052 times
Oh man
you should understand it before saying any thing ..
we are Muslim and we know what did our religion mean by that
some guys explane that to you !! and so is mine

Old 03-22-2010, 05:25 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,539,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There is no point in denying it in this day and age.The internet gives us access to all kinds of information including the Quran.

Bahraini Cleric Abdullah Latif Aal Mahmoud informs his audience of the correct way to beat their wives: "If the husband wants to use beatings to treat his wife, he must never ever do it in front of the children. It must remain between him and her. It must be done according to the following conditions: He must not cause bleeding or bruise her body. He should avoid her face and other sensitive parts of her body. As we've said, the limitations on beating are: They must not cause bleeding, they should not break any bones, they should not be on the face, and they should not bruise her."

Our advice to a Muslim wife whose husband chooses to follow this mullah's advice: wait till he gets real close, then knee him right where it hurts. Hard.
Vital Perspective: Arabian Nights: Rules for beating your wife

This the reason I no longer believe anything a Muslim says..
Islam Watch - "Understanding Taqiyya ― Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah" by Warner MacKenzie
Muslims should at least get together present the same lie instead of handing out different ones. That way there is at least some credibility to it since some muslims will say "but women deserve to be beaten", others will say "but western society does it too", or "we only beat them lightly" or whatevery other reason they can come up.

I do not understand how muslims can try to deny that the quran tells you to beat your wife. You have to be pretty delusional to be shown a passage on the quran that literaly says "rules on beating your wife" and then think that saying "no! You do not undestand the passage" will fool anyone but themselves.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 AM

169 posts, read 315,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

This confirms my speak already ......

Islam actually prohibits men from hitting women, except in one very limited case........

This is the biggest proof that the wife does not beaten how?

1% per cent those women who help with them the beat ...they called ....

( Women abnormal) this the rod is as Toothbrush

[LEFT]is no more than a light touch by siwak also

[/LEFT]
that means that around 99% percent do not used with them the beat at all This is mostly in the Islamic worlds

Generally, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female....

and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her? (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43).

and said"Do not beat the female servants of Allah.

does not need Muslim women O west

We are proud of our religion(islam)

Islam is also against emotional abuse, not just physical abuse.

thing funny to think the West that Muslim women are beaten

((( So why do more than convert to Islam be a woman?)))

((so Why are we Muslims?)) if we were beaten

we muslims are our families to be thrive ...Our homes to be happy in the shadow of Islam...

then stresses the fact that no marriage can thrive if one or both of the spouses resort to verbal or physical abuse

praise be to allah

jmooool

Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 AM

169 posts, read 315,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Muslims should at least get together present the same lie instead of handing out different ones. That way there is at least some credibility to it since some muslims will say "but women deserve to be beaten", others will say "but western society does it too", or "we only beat them lightly" or whatevery other reason they can come up.

I do not understand how muslims can try to deny that the quran tells you to beat your wife. You have to be pretty delusional to be shown a passage on the quran that literaly says "rules on beating your wife" and then think that saying "no! You do not undestand the passage" will fool anyone but themselves.

No one denies the verse we believe in the Koran as Our belief that God created us...

you are not enough to read the Koran without knowing the interpretation of the Koran ..

as I mentioned before beating of wife in Quran (at verse ) not recommend but it is choice Or proposal So maybe you do not find it in Muslim households ..if was it recommend Was done Prophet peace be upon him

that all matter ..We are proud of our Quran ( Word of God)

jmoool

Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM

310 posts, read 506,466 times
Are you also proud of the fact that your religion condones raping female prisoners of war, for instance female soldiers?

Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 AM

11 posts, read 22,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
It means that the 'religion of peace' allows Muslims to rape female prisoners of war with the blessing of allah (no praise be upon him).
Ya no praise upon Him for that command

Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,042,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post

This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse".

Generally, the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one Hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her? (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)

As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)" (4:34)

"If the problem relates to the wife's behavior, the husband may exhort her and appeal for reason. In most cases, this measure is likely to be sufficient.
"In cases where the problem persists, the husband may express his displeasure in another peaceful manner, by sleeping in a separate bed from hers.
"There are cases, however, in which a wife persists in bad habits and showing contempt of her husband and disregard for her marital obligations. Instead of divorce, the husband may resort to another measure that may save the marriage, at least in some cases. Such a measure is more accurately described as a gentle tap on the body, but never on the face, making it more of a symbolic measure than a punitive one.

just understnad it in this way , but don't present it as if it was encouregment in islam to hit your wife everyday as if it was the basis of muslims life

quran mentioned " beat " as a third option , may be you will argue that the third option isn't exist in your culture which means that the divorce or the separation of the family will be happens after the second option

quran just gave us third option for probabbility of save the family . and after all it's just gentle tap

Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,539,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse".
I don't buy it. Why was it translate as such? Why are you telling me to not listen to the words of the quran if you are a muslim?

Next you'll be telling me that the passage that says it's ok to rape female war prisoners actually means "do not take war prisoners".
Quote:
but if they return to obedience
These words are not helping your case.

Quote:
Instead of divorce, the husband may resort to another measure that may save the marriage, at least in some cases.
In no cases does violence save a marriage.

Quote:
Such a measure is more accurately described as a gentle tap on the body, but never on the face, making it more of a symbolic measure than a punitive one.
It's useless trying to make this case. What you are saying is that a gentle tap has more effect in subjugating a woman than words or gestures. It doesn't, this passage clearly condones beating unruly wives as a last resort.

During my time growing up in slough I saw this case countless times. Muslim man and woman can't agree so the man uses that self-righteous sence of ownership he gets from reading the quran to beat her. Luckily this is a country where such a thing is not tolerated or hidden so the woman leaves, converts away from Islam and gets a better life for her a the kids. My friend Ramsey and his mom were pushed down the stairs by his dad when he was still in her womb ffs. Don't try to tell me this kind of thing doesn't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam