U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:41 PM

731 posts, read 677,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ting ling View Post
In the west if a wife/girlfriend cheats on her husband/boyfriend, does her husband/boyfriend support her actions? No, and this verse meant about things similar to that, things that could ruin your relationship/marriage with your partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 PM

169 posts, read 314,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
So, since , as you say men and women are equal under Islam, then the wife can take the 'toothbrush' and tap her husband for his misdeeds?

Probably not, as the men are the most important partner in Islam? Women, are as property to muslim men.

Definitely they are equal with commensurate with the nature them

he as men ... she as women ...

As for why isn’t it directly prescribed for the wife to hit her husband back wen he hits her…. Well, I had read somewhere that God doesn’t want the situation in the house to get worse,,,, ki the husband is beating the wife.. and now wife is also beating the husband….both beating each other.
Hmm. Sounds logical, though.. if u ask me… if my husband beats me, I wont beat him back for fear that he beat me back (again) harder since normally men have more power and strength.

Greater punishment for the man not 'toothbrush' but be that leave him

while ''toothbrush'' will not effect at him as men (that very little)

his wife ( Islam has given to wife the choose if was he bad) As a last resort....

then do you want his wife beat you with ''toothbrush'' ?

jmoool

Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,724,690 times
All I can say is my husband better keep his "toothbrush" to himself. Otherwise, I'm comming back with a baseball bat.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM

241 posts, read 432,305 times
I'm a Muslim and I totally agree with Jamooool, because
I read about that on Islamic book
^_*

Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,549,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
if u ask me… if my husband beats me, I wont beat him back for fear that he beat me back (again) harder since normally men have more power and strength.
Hire me as your personal trainer. I'll train you to beat men and also pack some biceps and triceps out in the meantime

A muslim body buildress with a wrestler's build is unheard of. You'll be a celebrity.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,507,289 times
Shout it down at Mobarek. It's our fault; all of our faults in the nations of Islam and the Israel region!!

Allah is punishing US. Ahmedinajad cuts my hands off for bad typing. We apply our talents too much anyway....

Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,490,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Funny how that works, eh? Ancient cultures really sucked in a variety of ways.

Methinks this is the time that beck, hannity and rush speak so fondly about

Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 PM

1,618 posts, read 3,369,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Definitely they are equal with commensurate with the nature them

he as men ... she as women ...
jmoool
I don't think so! These 2 recent incidents in Saudi should tell you something:

AFP: 'Illegal' Saudi women's gym shut: media

Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school | Mail Online

Saudi women can not have health clubs and men have them!

A 13 year old girl will probably die because she carried a cell phone to school?

How barbaric is that?

I really do feel sorry for you jmool. You are trying to justify an extremely repressive regime. I understand you live there and have never known anything else. I pray someday you may be able to escape. I feel the same way for the oppressed people in North Korea and Iran.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:49 PM

731 posts, read 677,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
I don't think so! These 2 recent incidents in Saudi should tell you something:

AFP: 'Illegal' Saudi women's gym shut: media

Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school | Mail Online

Saudi women can not have health clubs and men have them!

A 13 year old girl will probably die because she carried a cell phone to school?

How barbaric is that?

I really do feel sorry for you jmool. You are trying to justify an extremely repressive regime. I understand you live there and have never known anything else. I pray someday you may be able to escape. I feel the same way for the oppressed people in North Korea and Iran.
There is gyms for women, women are allowed to go to the gyms, its just segregated, now these acts do happen from time to time but that does not mean every female gym will be shut.

As for the second link, its just one of those laws that don't get implemented, and i could bet you anything that she wouldn't end up getting lashed.

People the media exaggerates, dont believe everything you hear.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 PM

2,756 posts, read 5,406,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ting ling View Post
Hmmm..maybe this Islam stuff ain't so wacky after all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam