U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:37 AM

731 posts, read 678,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
the ignorant ones are those that maintain this view quoted and it is a common enough trait in moslem people. ignorance seems to be your stock in trade. deceit is the vehicle by which moslems operate. I don't believe anything any moslem says.
So you don't believe 1.3 billion people, how would you learn about other cultures? and how are you going to communicate with them, if you want to know more about them? We could clearly see who the ignorant here is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 AM

40,150 posts, read 26,789,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Islam dosen't support terrorism, but its permissible to defend your country if the invaders invade your country by force and act hostile towards the locals.
This is total BS . . . as long as Israel EXISTS you use it as the excuse as stated above. Anyone supporting Israel's right to exist is then considered your enemy and guilty of doing the things stated above to justify your terrorism. I tire of the constant lying and propaganda supporting your barbarous religion and culture. Become civilized in the 21st century and leave your 7th century barbarism behind. Then you will be welcomed into the civilized world.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:10 PM

1,618 posts, read 3,374,010 times
Quote:
Dean Trails, just keep in mind that i lived in the middle east and North America, so im not blind, im thankful that i learned a lot of things, so i know how how your culture/traditions work, and how ours does, so i know how to balance them and respect both of them because both of them are valuable, but as for you, you wouldn't know as much because you haven't lived in the middle east, so the diffrence bettween me and you is huge.
Here is a great article that gives some new insight on your beloved al Queda.

Seems as though they kill a lot more of your fellow muslims than westerners. One of the interesting statistics is that between 2006 and 2008 98 percent of the terrorist victims are muslim.
Further, this quote, "The answer's as clear as a sunny day in the desert: Al Qaeda fully reflects its Saudi parentage. Neither the Saudis nor al Qaeda cares a whit about individual Muslims. They only care about Islam."[LEFT]
Read more: Killing Muslims - NYPOST.com
[/LEFT]

Read if you dare:

Killing Muslims - NYPOST.com

However, I am sure you will spin this in your favor somehow!

Enjoy!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:19 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,195,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post

Seems as though they kill a lot more of your fellow muslims than westerners. One of the interesting statistics is that between 2006 and 2008 98 percent of the terrorist victims are muslim.
Further, this quote, "The answer's as clear as a sunny day in the desert: Al Qaeda fully reflects its Saudi parentage. Neither the Saudis nor al Qaeda cares a whit about individual Muslims. They only care about Islam."[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Read if you dare:

Enjoy!
great read and thanks for posting the link. in my case it is already a fact I'm well acquainted with. other posters including mhrman92 should place close heed to this factual report.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is total BS . . . as long as Israel EXISTS you use it as the excuse as stated above. Anyone supporting Israel's right to exist is then considered your enemy and guilty of doing the things stated above to justify your terrorism. I tire of the constant lying and propaganda supporting your barbarous religion and culture. Become civilized in the 21st century and leave your 7th century barbarism behind. Then you will be welcomed into the civilized world.
I will give you an example, the Iraqis made the Americans job a lot easier because they were against Al-Qaeda. I know that Al-Qaeda and other insurgent groups were not weak but the U.S. overpowered them because of the Iraqis. If it wasn't for these Iraqi people, the U.S. would've struggled against these groups until today. Also the 90,000 sunni fighters who were against the U.S., they accepted the money they were offered by the U.S. to fight by their side and that is what helped the U.S. defeat Al-Qaeda.

As for Afghanistan the situation differs, because a lot of people back up the Taliban, they also dont provide good information about the Taliban when the soldiers ask them. There are also many groups who are supposed to fight the Taliban but instead they help them by giving them weapons they receive from the foreign forces. Thats why NATO/US struggle against the Taliban.

Basically if the locals prefer to have the U.S., then dont harm these soldiers, but if they hate them then its permissible.

Last edited by mrhman92; 01-23-2010 at 12:44 PM..

Old 01-23-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post

[/LEFT]

Read if you dare:

Enjoy!
There you go, you just proved my point, i dont support Al-qaeda and Al-Qaeda does not represent Islam. When my views are different than yours, that doesn't make me support a group like al-Qaeda.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 AM

11 posts, read 22,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
[LEFT]Generally, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)

[/LEFT]

Al Bukhari Hadiths more worse ridiculous insult to Women

Allah’s Apostle (The blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "In Paradise there is a pavilion made of a single hollow pearl sixty miles wide, in each corner of which there are wives who will not see those in the other corners; and the believers will visit and enjoy them."
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:402

Old 03-17-2010, 09:15 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,580,564 times
Who is the leader of the family: the man or the woman?
Does the woman want her husband weaker than her, and she override him?
The man is the leader of the family, and the noble man respects and honors his woman and is kind to his family members.

This is the Quran aya 4: 34 and its interpretation:
الرِّجَالُ قَوَّامُونَ عَلَى النِّسَاء بِمَا فَضَّلَ اللّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَى بَعْضٍ وَبِمَا أَنفَقُواْ مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ فَالصَّالِحَاتُ قَانِتَاتٌ حَافِظَاتٌ لِّلْغَيْبِ بِمَا حَفِظَ اللّهُ وَاللاَّتِي تَخَافُونَ نُشُوزَهُنَّ فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي الْمَضَاجِعِ وَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلاَ تَبْغُواْ عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلاً إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيًّا كَبِيرًا

The explanation:
(Men are the 'guides' of women,
for that God has preferred some of them [the men] to the others [: the women],
and for that they expend of their wealth.
Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for God's guarding.
As for those [women] from whom you fear rebellion,
admonish them,
desert them in bed
and beat them;
but if they submit to you, then do not seek a way against them;
surely, God is All-High, All-Great.)

The interpretation:
>> (Men are the ' guides' of women,) It means men guide and teach their women every decency and uprightness to the guidance.

>> (for that God has preferred some of them [the men with intelligence and wisdom] to the others [: the women],)

>> (and for that they expend of their wealth. ) like the dower and the expenditure on the family.

>> (Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for God's guarding. ) It means: the righteous woman, according to God's instructions, is chaste and she keeps the honor of her husband and does not betray him in his absence, and keeps his wealth from loss and wasting.

>> (As for those [women] from whom you fear rebellion) Some wives show herself loftier than her husband and so she does not obey him; so if you fear this may increase, then

>> (admonish them,) with kind words and advice,

>> (desert them in bed) that is by separating your bed from her bed, for a period of time: one, two or three months and that should not be more than 4 months,

>> (and beat them ) with painful beating, on condition that you should not break any bone or tear any muscle or destroy any of the body organs,

>> (but if they submit to you,) it is the aim and purpose,

>> (then do not seek a way against them ) i.e. if they return obedient to you after the admonition, the separation in bed or the beating, then do not seek after falsehood to hurt them under any pretext,

>> (surely, God is All-High, All-Great.) Therefore, fear Him and do not hurt the women after they return obedient to you.

This is according to the interpretation of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Quran Interpretation

Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,918,137 times
Quote:
..............I know that Al-Qaeda and other insurgent groups were not weak but the U.S. overpowered them because of the Iraqis.................
What nonsense.

Al qaeda was and is weak. That is why they blow up market places where no one can defend themselves. They only appear strong when compared to farmers and families and children and other innocent people. When faced with armed men capable of defending themselves they run and hide. They can't even win against warlords in primitive areas. They are only strong against the defenseless.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:13 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,918,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ting ling View Post
.........."In Paradise there is a pavilion made of a single hollow pearl sixty miles wide, in each corner of which ..............
pearls are round. they have no corners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam