U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 12:24 PM

125 posts, read 263,715 times

Advertisements

I would like to post a thread about music and singing in Islam, the moslims opinions, and the evidence of the opinion I choose

It is important, I see it not only important, it's very important, despite the fact the it's not a fundamental issue in Islam, the fact that some moslims turn non fundamental issues into fundamentals and try to enforce their opinion trying to seem as if it's the only Islamic opinions is very dangerous to us moslims and any non moslim opinion about Islam.

Let's see the situation, the very majority of moslims listen to music, and singing, they're somehow confused about the different islamic opinions ranging from allowing to forbidding.

That's due to different cultures, in suadi Arabia for example, a more strict culture prevails, they're trying to look more islamic than others, or in other words, only reciting the holy Quran is the ''musical sound'' meaning relieving, comforting sound allowed, (i'm speaking in general of course, many of them listen at homes).

But this idea made them actually hate singing and music, ironically they can't deny it's relieving, comforting to listen to music, so they visualize as if the devil made this and that they're making a sin by listening, this is both extreme, ironic and funny sometimes. (with all respect)

What actually they made is taking a bunch of weak traditions, (weak means they're not related to the prophet (pbuh) cause the chain of narrators is deeply corrupted leaving the way for liars to get into, meaning that we can't ever depend on them).

Again ironically, even these weak traditions if read carefully prove the opposite, that music and signing is allowed.

They main tradition they keep mentioning is not a right tradition (the chain of narrators have a non trusted man inside), despite that it’s in Bukharei book, he himself put it in the non trusted narrators chapter, it talks about what we can say a dirty night club with prostitutes, mentioning alchohol, and unlawful sex.

The only tradition they have is talking about what we can say a dirty night club, this only proves that this dirty night club is a sin, not simply generalizing. This does not need an untrusted traditon to prove

The human nature that God created have the most simple reply, people love singing and music, even children, i and anyone can be in a very praising mood to God while listening to music or singing, it's the same like when you see a beautiful seen and you say oh God's creation is very beautiful, you're having fun by the seen but at the same time you realize that this seen made you remember the merciful creator, it's the same in music, and singing, i can feel very near to God when so, i'm not saying i'm worshipping God by music, all i'm saying is that entertaining is not ever against Islam, and in any entertain we remember the blessing of God on us by this entertain.

In the next post I will post the proofs, and refuting the other opinion (with respect), for the ones who want, by God Willing

Regards,
mahmoud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam