U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 06:47 PM

397 posts, read 534,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Learn to read . . . I said nothing about beheading . . . I said DECEIVE (What you are trying to do). Every Muslim gets credit for the actual killing by any jihadis each year. There is no need to participate . . . just support it with DECEPTION and LIES to the infidels.
sorry about that for some reason i got decaption mistaking it for decapitation, totally misreading it. but ya i do know how to read, i just misread. as far as myself i dont get any kind of reward or punishment for anything anybody else does. i only get judged for what i do. thats like saying one christian or judist gets credit for someone they kill. makes no sense. and i have no idea what u mean by deception and lies, im a muslim and i pray and try and b the best i can be every day of my life and i have nothing to do with the radicals over seas. but u cant just point out a group of muslims and say islam is wrong. theyre just practicing it wrong. all muslims are different but people are people. if someone lies then its that person that lies or is deceptive. that has nothing to do with islam though, no where in the quran does i say to lie or be deceptive so u cant get mad at islam, just get mad at the people i guess. it makes me just as mad as the next person to see a muslim on tv say somethingbor do something and claim its part of islam because i know its not. you should too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,901,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
...............it makes me just as mad as the next person to see a muslim on tv say somethingbor do something and claim its part of islam because i know its not. you should too
no. it may not be what is in the Koran, but it is what those who follow the Koran do..........THAT makes it Islam.

Remember the old adage? "What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say."

Old 05-10-2010, 08:00 PM

30,875 posts, read 31,750,270 times
You Muslims have a bit of a PR problem...How often have you seen pictures such as this in the news? Are these people not Muslims? They certainly claim to be.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:47 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,368,316 times
Quote:
all you have are terrorist acts, etc. just because a "muslim" does something does not make it part of islam. if a muslim were to buy alcohol and get wasted that doesnt mean its ok in islam or make it a part of the religion. so all your articles of terrorist acts, etc. prove nothing at all.

Unless, of course, the Taliban or a radical Islamic sect takes full and proud credit for an event. Like bombing the London tubes, or threatening the life of an author or a cartoonist with a fatwah. I actually met Salman Rushdie at our local university a few months ago. Didn't seem so gol-darned dangerous to me; just a good and thoughtful man with an excellent mind and a sense of humor.

Then, more recently, Muslim extremists conducted an intensive hitlist effort:

"In June 1992, after activists of the Islamic Jihad in Egypt murdered author Faraj Fodah, who had openly supported Israeli-Egyptian peace, a "hit list" was revealed that had been prepared by organization activists and which included the names of tens of Egyptians to be killed by the Islamic Jihad, including the Interior Minister--General Moussa, the journalist Anis Mansour, and others."

The above was copied directly from this fascinating site:

"The Islamic Jihad: The Imperative of Holy War" by Boaz Ganor

BTW, this is quite an enlightening read, detailing all the combined and ruthless efforts on behalf of Islam. I tried, but could not find any such documentation of the intentions of, for instance, the Catholic Church, to systematically kill off as many Muslim leaders as they could.

...just simply proves that your like "x" amount of people out there that read some articles, or hear something on the news, and without even truly knowing anything about the religion, your against it and start pointing fingers.

I'd agree that we all come to conclusions after a while, based on what we hear and read, or if a good friend was pointlessly murdered by the Islamic cowards responsible for the World Trade towers. But some of us take the time to look at the preponderance of evidence, and that evidence is just not kind to the nation of Islam, frankly. From that major at the Army base who apparently harbored ill thoughts for some time, to the recent Times Square bomber, a certain murderous intent seems to best characterize the Islamic faith. And why not: it's codified in your Qu'Ran, as you know.

You wouldn't be be talking about the sort of state-sponsored but totally unjustified hatred of American people, would you? Who the politicos and mullahs advise to kill whenever possible? Surely not...

im totally against terrorism and any acts of terrorism. yet just recently a man flew a plane into an irs building in austin tx, burned down his house, etc. and was HE labeled a terrorist? no. they refused to label him a terrorist. think about it. i can almost guarantee that if he had a different name or perhaps "looked" like a "muslim" he would have had that terrorist label all over him.

Wrong call on your part, frankly. He also wrote a letter that explained his actions. Just as Islamic terrorists do when they want credit for the murder of innocent Westerners. Perhaps you didn't read about that, even though it was carried in all the news media. He was simply after the IRS's reputation, and was not motivated against the entire Western culture. Sorry; no sale on him being a political "terrorist".

Bottom line, like i said before, dont be like a millon other people out there who read something and think they know something about an entire religion. people will be people, and them doing something they believe is right doesnt make it right in that religion.
Again, there is a now-common theme and attitude amongst Muslims. They do not openly denounce those who attend their mosques here or anywhere else in Western culture and try to recruit young me for future terrorist attacks, such as our Christmas time Undy-Bomber, or the most recent Pakistani traveller. Why? WE can only surmise that it's because, deep down, resting firmly on the scripture in your Qu'Ran, it's all OK to declare a jihad against the West. "If they won't convert, kill 'em." You wish to dispute that? Give me the details then.

As well, rather than assimilate into the culture where they immigrate (Holland, Switzerland, America, Canada, Britain, Australia, etc.) they insist on bringing and installing their culture by force of demonstration and physical attacks over the prevailing and indigenous culture. Why, exactly, should any of those generous host countries bend over to allow problematic rituals or standards dragged in from another country?

Why do you want to immigrate here in the first place then? To take advantage of our generosity? To perhaps create a new Islamic state overseas, to the eventual exclusion of the prevalent and indigenous Western culture, which you also "know" to be evil? Why not stay home if what you have there is so wonderful and fulfilling? Frankly, I don't understand why, for instance, Canada or the US should even consider adopting and integrating Sharia laws, and yet that has been proposed.

Yep: I can just see Mahmoud Ahmadinejad considering and then accepting Canadian or American laws and practices. An American woman walking down main street Tehran with a miniskirt on, listening to her iPod? Why, she'd be stoned on the spot!
So. Can we stone Burkah'd Muslim women? You do know they recently banned Burkahs on France, right? For an obvious reason: security.

How about a religion that demands that a cartoonist be murdered for his taking a good-hearted and humorous poke at your prophet? So: Muslims have absolutely no sense of humor, eh? Nice!

Quote:
how do you expect mulims or even a group of muslims to stand up and speak out against terrorism when people already have that thought in their head. our voices would fall on deaf ears because most people, sad to say, think that way when they see a muslim. i would love to put in my two sense on the to try and tell people that terrorism is not a part of islam but who would listen that doesnt already know that its not part of the religion. think about it
Frankly, I have yet to see or hear of even one Muslim group speaking out against terrorism. It may have happened, but it surely wasn't focused or advertised enough to catch the national media's attention. Why not make it a goal of peace-loving Muslims everywhere overseas (including North America) to help us understand how you all deplore acts of terrorism, including the slaughter of innocent people. Just today, as sanspeur said, what was it? 67 people were murdered in Bagdad by Islamic extremists. Good PR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Learn to read . . . I said nothing about beheading . . . I said DECEIVE (What you are trying to do). Every Muslim gets credit for the actual killing by any jihadis each year. There is no need to participate . . . just support it with DECEPTION and LIES to the infidels.
Exactly, Mystic. It's a national Islamic pastime and dedicated goal of this closed theocratic religion. Children spend their entire school lives being taught to memorize the Qu'Ran, and to hate Westerners, and particularly Americans. We regularly see news clips of flag and effigy burning in the ME.

A child who recently arrived in the West was asked what he'd learned in Iranian schools. No modern math, no biology, no philosophy, no literature, no world history or culture from other places. Just a daily interminable session with the Qu'Ran, plus handy interpretation by a highly politically motivated teacher. (He or she would probably be publicly beheaded if he or she spoke out against the regime.)

You know, just like here in the US when a teacher speaks out... Uh-huh.

If you haven't already, sukrill, I'd ask you to read my earlier post, #43 in this thread. I ask some simple questions and make some observations that perhaps you can review for me. In that post I also suggest where a lot of our biased feelings about Islam come from. It's truly up to you folks to change that if you feel it's all wrong, but I sorta doubt you will, because, frankly, I think it is part of Islam's greater intent.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
no. it may not be what is in the Koran, but it is what those who follow the Koran do..........THAT makes it Islam.
no that makes them crazy people who are not practicing islam correctly. guaranteed if the prophet, peace be upon him, were alive today he would set them straight, however even when he delivered the message when he was alive people were still misconstruing the quran. if its not in the quran how can it be part of islam? sounds to me like if its not in the quran its impossible for it to be part of islam. thats like saying if christians were to do what the radicals did then itd be part of christianity. but its not in the bible. thats just a crazy person am i not right? who cares if theyre christian, muslim, atheist or whatever. it doesnt make it part of their religion. obviously somethings just wrong with them if they think suicide or killing innocent people is justified. i mean those suicide bombers in iran kill muslims too, not just non-muslims. but obviously thats not right. so how does that make it part of islam? im a muslim and id never do anything like that of what the radicals are doing

Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You Muslims have a bit of a PR problem...How often have you seen pictures such as this in the news? Are these people not Muslims? They certainly claim to be.
obviously your a person who just believes everything thats in the media. those are radicals aka extremist, they do not follow islam.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:14 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,335,155 times
Quote:
obviously your a person who just believes everything thats in the media. those are radicals aka extremist, they do not follow islam.
Of course, niether do the car bombers, hijackers, or take-off aviators.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 PM

Yes, as expected...They are not "true" Muslims. Well there are certainly a lot of them, and they all claim differently. So far this year these people you claim are not Muslims have violently killed more than 1,400 innocent people, most of them fellow Muslims.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,368,316 times
The only true Muslims are innocent Muslims. That it? Convenient.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:00 PM

A Muslim Scholar (Dr. Zakir Naik) known for his moderate and logical approach towards Islam declares that "Every Muslim Should be a terrorist. And that he is with Osama Bin Laden as far as he is terrorizing America"

YouTube - Every Muslim Should be a Terrorist - Mullah Zakir Naik
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or