Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM

397 posts, read 608,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Again, there is a now-common theme and attitude amongst Muslims. They do not openly denounce those who attend their mosques here or anywhere else in Western culture and try to recruit young me for future terrorist attacks, such as our Christmas time Undy-Bomber, or the most recent Pakistani traveller. Why? WE can only surmise that it's because, deep down, resting firmly on the scripture in your Qu'Ran, it's all OK to declare a jihad against the West. "If they won't convert, kill 'em." You wish to dispute that? Give me the details then.

where does it say in the quran that if people dont convert to kill them? if its not in the quran its not part of islam.

As well, rather than assimilate into the culture where they immigrate (Holland, Switzerland, America, Canada, Britain, Australia, etc.) they insist on bringing and installing their culture by force of demonstration and physical attacks over the prevailing and indigenous culture. Why, exactly, should any of those generous host countries bend over to allow problematic rituals or standards dragged in from another country?

same thing, if it doesnt say it in the quran which is what muslims follow, then its not part of islam.

Why do you want to immigrate here in the first place then? To take advantage of our generosity? To perhaps create a new Islamic state overseas, to the eventual exclusion of the prevalent and indigenous Western culture, which you also "know" to be evil? Why not stay home if what you have there is so wonderful and fulfilling? Frankly, I don't understand why, for instance, Canada or the US should even consider adopting and integrating Sharia laws, and yet that has been proposed.

i was boern and raised here, and i converted from christianity to islam. i didnt BRING anything here.

Yep: I can just see Mahmoud Ahmadinejad considering and then accepting Canadian or American laws and practices. An American woman walking down main street Tehran with a miniskirt on, listening to her iPod? Why, she'd be stoned on the spot!
So. Can we stone Burkah'd Muslim women? You do know they recently banned Burkahs on France, right? For an obvious reason: security.

you do know in the quran it says that you cannot lay one hand on a woman right. so the people that are stoning women are obviously not following the quran. you do know that the palestinians beat and rape muslim women and make their husbands watch and if the man tries to do anything they beat him too right? o no, u must not have been aware of that...

How about a religion that demands that a cartoonist be murdered for his taking a good-hearted and humorous poke at your prophet? So: Muslims have absolutely no sense of humor, eh? Nice!

this was obviously a joke right?... every muslim has no sense of humor... give me a break...

Frankly, I have yet to see or hear of even one Muslim group speaking out against terrorism. It may have happened, but it surely wasn't focused or advertised enough to catch the national media's attention. Why not make it a goal of peace-loving Muslims everywhere overseas (including North America) to help us understand how you all deplore acts of terrorism, including the slaughter of innocent people. Just today, as sanspeur said, what was it? 67 people were murdered in Bagdad by Islamic extremists. Good PR!

the muslims that do have the money and time to go over seas and try and stop these extremist do what they can. but really your talking about a nation of people that think this way its going to take alot more than just a coupla days to get something like this accomplished. 67 people were murdered by who?, extremist ya agreed, theyre extermist, doesnt mean its right or that all muslims follow this or believe its right

Exactly, Mystic. It's a national Islamic pastime and dedicated goal of this closed theocratic religion. Children spend their entire school lives being taught to memorize the Qu'Ran, and to hate Westerners, and particularly Americans. We regularly see news clips of flag and effigy burning in the ME.

A child who recently arrived in the West was asked what he'd learned in Iranian schools. No modern math, no biology, no philosophy, no literature, no world history or culture from other places. Just a daily interminable session with the Qu'Ran, plus handy interpretation by a highly politically motivated teacher. (He or she would probably be publicly beheaded if he or she spoke out against the regime.)

You know, just like here in the US when a teacher speaks out... Uh-huh.

If you haven't already, sukrill, I'd ask you to read my earlier post, #43 in this thread. I ask some simple questions and make some observations that perhaps you can review for me. In that post I also suggest where a lot of our biased feelings about Islam come from. It's truly up to you folks to change that if you feel it's all wrong, but I sorta doubt you will, because, frankly, I think it is part of Islam's greater intent.

its not part of islam like ive proved before. feels like im talkin to a wall. its a group of extremist. theres extremist in every religion. you got so called prophets in other religions saying that if your wife sleeps with them theyll be admitted into heaven... seriously? but THAT doesnt make it part of the religion. its just some crazy guy that attracted some crazy people. the taliban just got the message so construed that they think theyre killing people in the name of god. not saying i agree with it cuz it pisses me off and makes me as a muslim look extremely bad. but do you know how many muslims there are in the world? way more than just what you see on tv, way more than those extremist, but who are the ones on tv.. the worst ones sad to say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 10:26 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post

its not part of islam like ive proved before. feels like im talkin to a wall. its a group of extremist. theres extremist in every religion. you got so called prophets in other religions saying that if your wife sleeps with them theyll be admitted into heaven... seriously? but THAT doesnt make it part of the religion. its just some crazy guy that attracted some crazy people. the taliban just got the message so construed that they think theyre killing people in the name of god. not saying i agree with it cuz it pisses me off and makes me as a muslim look extremely bad. but do you know how many muslims there are in the world? way more than just what you see on tv, way more than those extremist, but who are the ones on tv.. the worst ones sad to say
It's a large enough part of the population of your religion to make anyone wonder if those interpretations of Islam have enough merit to abandon it. Either that, or stop looking outside of Islam for new recruits, and work inside of Islam for change. At some point, you have to stop trying to change others hearts when you yourself are having a heart attack.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes, as expected...They are not "true" Muslims. Well there are certainly a lot of them, and they all claim differently. So far this year these people you claim are not Muslims have violently killed more than 1,400 innocent people, most of them fellow Muslims.
if you know nothing about a religion how can you claim that someone is following it correctly? just because they say they are? if you havent read the quran you really shouldnt be posting anything on this forum and you should be going to an anti-terrorism site because this religous forum has nothing to do with terrorism. terrorism has nothing to do with islam. like ive said before. do you really think that one muslim killing another muslim is part of their religion? that makes no sense. use your head and stop thinking you know something when you really dont. you say that muslims violently killed 1400 people? people kill people all the time, its everywhere on the news and theyre not muslim and they ARE innocent people but your not pointing any of them out, what if theyre christian or judist? does that make it part of their religion? no, u have no valid arguement. people are people and those people think what theyre doing is right. but there are literally millions of muslims in the world and you want to point fingers at the worst ones that number in the hundreds. give me a break. majority rules and thats not part of islam

Old 05-10-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
It's a large enough part of the population of your religion to make anyone wonder if those interpretations of Islam have enough merit to abandon it. Either that, or stop looking outside of Islam for new recruits, and work inside of Islam for change. At some point, you have to stop trying to change others hearts when you yourself are having a heart attack.
i honestly dont even know how to respond to this because it sounds like your saying exaclty what i just said is wrong. stop looking outside of islam for new recruits? new recruits for what? if your talking about terrorism then i gotta tell you buddy. im a muslim and im not a terrorist, why? because not all muslims are terrorist in fact like ive said before, there are literally MILLIONS of muslims around the world and your saying that "a large enough population of my religion" thats not even a fraction of my religion compared to its entirety. you and the rest of the world just want to point out that so called "large group of people" that arent even muslims. theyre extremist, radicals, whatever you wanna call em. they may claim to be muslim but if theyre not following islam properly then theyre not true muslims.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:13 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
The words out of the mouth of one your "moderate" mullahs is not info from an anti Islam site...There are dozens more statements from Mullahs just a vile as that one, some much worse..Instaed of denying it you should be working to change it.

YouTube - Killing of Non-Muslims is Legitimate (British Mullah)

YouTube - Jihad: Muslims Will Conquer Rome - Islam Will Rule the World

YouTube - The sermon of pure hatred

Old 05-11-2010, 10:01 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The words out of the mouth of one your "moderate" mullahs is not info from an anti Islam site...There are dozens more statements from Mullahs just a vile as that one, some much worse..Instaed of denying it you should be working to change it.

YouTube - Killing of Non-Muslims is Legitimate (British Mullah)

YouTube - Jihad: Muslims Will Conquer Rome - Islam Will Rule the World

YouTube - The sermon of pure hatred
i just wanna to comment about the last two links
it's talking about prophecy we believes in , i think it's the same wars which called armageddon in the bible

the sermon of pure hatred was interresting , it is in iraqi T.V on 2003
i think i know why they were very angry
jihad for them is to defend thier country , we encourage such jihad

and the one in the above link was in Aqsa T.V , it means in phalstin
i think i know whom they hate either

are you want from us to tell them " be peacefull with your invadors and love your enemy while they killing your family and take your lands ! " , sorry those are not the people which we are talking about , those muslims are the victims ones , not the terrorist ones .

Old 05-11-2010, 10:45 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
But what you should do in response to naked directed aggression, elwill, is create your own army and pick your battleground. That should not be the World Trade Center, or The London tube, but it was, because the Muslim mullahs, such as that blind fellow who planned the earlier unsuccessful world Trade Center bombings, see all Americans and Westerners, and even Muslims in the building or subway, as targets for his own personal vile hatred and teachings.

A man of God and peace... hah!

Eventually, if Muslims take this too far, and let's say they light off an isotopic dirty bomb in ,say, LA or NYC or Phoenix or Chicago or Berlin or Amsterdam or Toronto, we'll have no choice but to respond in kind rather than let it just go unanswered, unchallenged and unstopped. What would you expect us to do when the mass indiscriminant murder of innocents becomes the standard rule for engagement?

If the West (a strategic alliance of the US, Canada, Western Europe, Japan, etc.) is forced to go that route, fanatic, radical Islam will likely rue the day. There will be nothing left, frankly. We'll end it once and for all if Islam chooses to start it (which ,to some degree, they already have, and we've shown remarkable restraint....).

Old 05-11-2010, 02:05 PM

667 posts, read 940,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
: Islam calls for :

the of obtaining factual information
purity of the soul
cooperation doing good
amiablitity and humility
righteousness

knowledge of the rules of ethics and behaviour

islam ban of

)1 the worship of any creature

2Blind acceptance of false traditional beliefs
3 drinking and gambling
4. tyranny and injustice
5. suicide
6. larceny
Yep,

you are surely right, Islam is the Religion of Peace and Tolerance.

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

http://www.islam-watch.org/IW/links.htm

Old 05-11-2010, 02:11 PM

667 posts, read 940,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
I tell who not know about islam or who mistaker
Yep, please explain it whether true or not?
Maybe we are mistaking and know nothing about Islam.

Quotes from the Qur'an

Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,926,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
But what you should do in response to naked directed aggression, elwill, is create your own army and pick your battleground. That should not be the World Trade Center, or The London tube, but it was, because the Muslim mullahs, such as that blind fellow who planned the earlier unsuccessful world Trade Center bombings, see all Americans and Westerners, and even Muslims in the building or subway, as targets for his own personal vile hatred and teachings.

A man of God and peace... hah!

Eventually, if Muslims take this too far, and let's say they light off an isotopic dirty bomb in ,say, LA or NYC or Phoenix or Chicago or Berlin or Amsterdam or Toronto, we'll have no choice but to respond in kind rather than let it just go unanswered, unchallenged and unstopped. What would you expect us to do when the mass indiscriminant murder of innocents becomes the standard rule for engagement?

If the West (a strategic alliance of the US, Canada, Western Europe, Japan, etc.) is forced to go that route, fanatic, radical Islam will likely rue the day. There will be nothing left, frankly. We'll end it once and for all if Islam chooses to start it (which ,to some degree, they already have, and we've shown remarkable restraint....).
Good on you! This is the post of the day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam