U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2010, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,902,713 times
Reputation: 7014

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
Why all the hatred against Islam?
I don't hate your faith....I despise the way your practitioners follow it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2010, 07:55 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,333,336 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspworld View Post
If this is true than how do you account for the Hindus, Buddhists, and Muslims that are much more prosperous, fair, richer, productive, kinder, and generous than Christians. Maybe they're the ones who understood and adhered to their religion. Yes, many of these religions are very influential to their followers but it doesn't necessarily mean that the followers "got the point".
A religion is not for the few. If it doesn't reach the many, then there is something wrong. Either it's too complicated, too hard to explain, or just plain wrong. I think the teachers have had plenty of time to tweak their message and get it right. And yet, society in those places are still basket cases. So I have to conclude that there is no way to get it right because it is false. Enough said.

Last edited by juj; 02-09-2010 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,333,336 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
Why all the hatred against Islam?
When your book tells you to kill infidels or at best make us servants for Muslims, I don't know, we just might not appreciate that. Maybe, because everywhere in the world that people are dieing by the thousands, it's a Muslim country. Maybe because 20 foreign Muslims killed 3000 of our innocent citizens on our soil with no provocation. Maybe because it is Islam's mission to convert every person to Islam and if they're not willing, to make them servents or persecute them until they leave. Maybe because almost every Christian has been run out (or killed) of every Middle Eastern country except maybe Egypt, Syria, or Lebanon. Any questions?

You want nothing to do with the west and it's culture, and that's okay, but you find it so hard to fathom that we don't want to be a Muslim and follow Sharia law. Very hypocritcal or it's just part of Islam. Either way, it's not something I am going to like.

You do make some pretty scarves and rugs.

Last edited by juj; 02-09-2010 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,289,436 times
Reputation: 1978
Dear Islam,

Thanks for the personal hygiene and belly dance.

We'd like to return your generous gifts of violent fundamentalism, theocratic tyranny, and the offer to paint the streets red with our blood. We have this thing about death. It's not us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM
 
56 posts, read 60,774 times
Reputation: 15









[SIZE=3]Yes, these are terrorists and should be killed, warriors of peace
What about you and your children!! However, Islam prohibits the killing of innocent people who did not invade the Muslims[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,289,436 times
Reputation: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post









[SIZE=3]Yes, these are terrorists and should be killed, warriors of peace
What about you and your children!! However, Islam prohibits the killing of innocent people who did not invade the Muslims[/SIZE]
To be perfectly honest, the peaceful Muslims are not doing a good job stopping the violent ones.

I have no problem with many Muslims. They are intelligent, peaceful, polite, and pleasant to be around. My daughter's teacher is a practicing Muslim, and we like her greatly and never in the past two years has she tried to convert anyone, or even spoken openly of her beliefs. She is very respectful of other people and all of the different beliefs they hold.

But Islam as a whole has a serious problem. Muslims all over the world must try to stop these violent people that are destroying your reputation and fostering hatred.

We can only defend ourselves. You have to stop the problem at it's source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
3,334 posts, read 5,259,559 times
Reputation: 2056
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
Why all the hatred against Islam?

I think you are confusing a couple of things Shamok. I have no hatred toward Islam itself. If you wish to practice this faith and it makes you happy, then good! The problem is, though, that we see many practictioners of your faith declaring that the whole world should follow Islam. These people are declaring war on those who will not convert in order to make them convert by force.

While the rank and file Muslim may not be like this, the ones who are do not represent your faith very well. It is not different to me than the Christians who, back in the day, insisted that all convert to Christianity or face the sword. Today's fundamentalists still feel the same way, they just don't use the sword anymore.

For people who cherish freedom, this is unacceptable from ANY religion...not just Islam. I am a Native American...a member of the Comanche Nation. Our people were given a way by the Creator, who we call Numu Ahpa (means Father of the People). Those of us who still follow the traditional way see no reason to follow any other. The thought that any other faith can say to another, "ours is the only way and you must follow it or else" (whether threatened with Jihad or eternal damnation) is unacceptable and will be met with criticism and resistance. This is what you are mistaking for hate.

I'll leave you with some words from some Native American people from different nations to ponder. Understnad when you see the words "white man", today that would apply to anyone who attempts to impose their will upon us:


"We want freedom from the white man rather than to be intergrated. We don't want any part of the establishment, we want to be free to raise our children in our religion, in our ways, to be able to hunt and fish and live in peace. We don't want power, we don't want to be congressmen, or bankers....we want to be ourselves. We want to have our heritage, because we are the owners of this land and because we belong here." -- From the 1927 Grand Council of American Indians


"Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade....where I choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to think and talk and act for myself " - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce


"I am a red man. If the Great Spirit had desired me to be a white man he would have made me so in the first place. He put in your heart certain wishes and plans, in my heart he put other and different desires. Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for Eagles to be Crows. We are poor..but we are free. No white man controls our footsteps. If we must die...we die defending our rights." -- Sitting Bull, Hunkpapa Lakota


"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?...Brother, we do not wish to destroy your religion, or take it from you; we only want to enjoy our own." -- Red Jacket, Seneca


"We do not want churches...they will teach us to quarrel about God. We do not want to learn that. We may quarrel with men sometimes
about things on this earth, but we never quarrel about God. We do not want to learn that." -- Chief Joseph, Nez Perce


"The whites were always trying to make the Indians give up their life and live like white men – go to farming, work hard and do as they did – and the Indians did not know how to do that, and did not want to anyway… If the Indians had tried to make the whites live like them, the whites would have resisted, and it was the same way with many Indians." -- Big Eagle, Santee Dakota


You have to understand, most of us are no more interested in becoming Muslims than we were in becoming Christians. Now, if some individuals wish to become Muslims or Christians, then that is fine if it makes them happy. The line is crossed when any religion can say to another, "Ours is the only way and you must become one of us." The quotes I put just do not apply to Indian people. They apply to anyone who loves freedom. Freedom loving people - red, white, black, yellow or brown - will always oppose those things that attempt to remove their freedom. This is what you are mistaking for "hate".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
 
Location: New York City
668 posts, read 823,343 times
Reputation: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
Why all the hatred against Islam?
Maybe here is the answer:

Islam Watch - Links to other websites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2010, 03:22 PM
 
Location: missouri
1,179 posts, read 1,210,857 times
Reputation: 151
Instead of piting everything against everything why not some dialog about how Islam knows what it knows, its methods, its relation to modernity, etc. All thought in the human brain is lame-we know that, everyone has a need for self justification, we all know that, everyone thinks they are absolutely right, we all know that-so is there anything else to Islam besides it being the best thing since white bread? Or is it just another opinionated bunch of hype that disappoints a thinking person like everything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 AM
 
56 posts, read 60,774 times
Reputation: 15
5 ا style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ebeff9" closure_hashCode_uz6tzx="296">Do not talk to me about the countries seem perverted the teachings of Islam and may not do I speak for the States that believe in the Koran book house of God and Muhammad peace be upon him is the messenger of God who told him Jesus was either who they claim Islam is innocent of all votes anything about them And I hope that you will be attuned</SPAN>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top