U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:07 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,019,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
...what can a muslim living in.. denver.. do about some lunatic living in the philippines or in afghanistan?
What you can do to regain the confidence of fellow citizens in your own country is to loudly and unitedly as a church SPEAK OUT AGAINST WORLDWIDE ISLAMIC TERRORISM!

What have you done in that regard?

All I am reading from you is excuses and rationalizations. At this point in history as far as most Americans are concerned after 911 and other cowardly murdering atrocities perpetrated by members of your church, the issue is not at all about doctrines and principles regarding your religion, it's about fighting an extremely dangerous ENEMY that as far as we know, judging by your silence, is supported by the members of your church in our own country.

If you want to gain freedom loving American converts to your religion then first start telling us what you are doing to stop Islamic terrorism, and then peacefully teach us the beautiful uplifting truths you claim you possess as a Muslim. If you do in fact possess such glorious truths then you should not need to have to force your religion on people by cowardly slaughtering men, women, and children who can't fight back.

What are you going to do today to loudly speak out against cowardly Islamic Terrorism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
you're saying muslims as a whole fund terrorists and that they can stop the violence by not "funding" them.
and i am telling you that is incorrect. and armies and terrorist groups do not operate the same way... what did you expect those people to do? stand up against them and get killed?
That's what WE have to do!

Why should they be different if they are opposed to terrorism? As far as we know, they are the ones who hide the cowardly murderers in their midst and are thus complicit if they don't at least have the courage to speak out against them.

It's not easy to find courage to do what is right, but it's a life and death battle that Islamic terrorists are waging against peace loving people. You're either for them or you're against them. In my opinion too much innocent blood has already been shed in the name of Islam, there's no longer a valid neutral ground.

If America's Muslims would speak out and demonstrate in the streets loud and clear in opposition to Islamic terrorists everywhere, I think that would go a very long way towards restoring in the minds of many Americans some degree of legitimacy for them living amongst us.

I am certain that there are many Muslims who are peace and freedom loving, but if so, as I see it they have an urgent responsiblity to take a stand right now and effectively address what I see as legitimate and realistic fears about the intentions of their religious leaders.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:43 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,890,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
What you can do to regain the confidence of fellow citizens in your own country is to loudly and unitedly as a church SPEAK OUT AGAINST WORLDWIDE ISLAMIC TERRORISM!

What have you done in that regard?

All I am reading from you is excuses and rationalizations. At this point in history as far as most Americans are concerned after 911 and other cowardly murdering atrocities perpetrated by members of your church, the issue is not at all about doctrines and principles regarding your religion, it's about fighting an extremely dangerous ENEMY that as far as we know, judging by your silence, is supported by the members of your church in our own country.

If you want to gain freedom loving American converts to your religion then first start telling us what you are doing to stop Islamic terrorism, and then peacefully teach us the beautiful uplifting truths you claim you possess as a Muslim. If you do in fact possess such glorious truths then you should not need to have to force your religion on people by cowardly slaughtering men, women, and children who can't fight back.

What are you going to do today to loudly speak out against cowardly Islamic Terrorism?
oh im a muslim now right.. and now im supposed to answer to questions about what im doing about muslim crazies. i didnt know that.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
oh im a muslim now right.. and now im supposed to answer to questions about what im doing about muslim crazies. i didnt know that.
I don't know what your religious beliefs are, I was just responding in a general and not intended to be personal way to your post in which you appeared to be defending Muslims who do not speak out against terrorism.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
That's what WE have to do!

Why should they be different if they are opposed to terrorism? As far as we know, they are the ones who hide the cowardly murderers in their midst and are thus complicit if they don't at least have the courage to speak out against them.

It's not easy to find courage to do what is right, but it's a life and death battle that Islamic terrorists are waging against peace loving people. You're either for them or you're against them. In my opinion too much innocent blood has already been shed in the name of Islam, there's no longer a valid neutral ground.

If America's Muslims would speak out and demonstrate in the streets loud and clear in opposition to Islamic terrorists everywhere, I think that would go a very long way towards restoring in the minds of many Americans some degree of legitimacy for them living amongst us.

I am certain that there are many Muslims who are peace and freedom loving, but if so, as I see it they have an urgent responsiblity to take a stand right now and effectively address what I see as legitimate and realistic fears about the intentions of their religious leaders.
there are 6-7 million muslims in the US which if we assume there are 1 billion muslims worldwide (i believe there are more) constitute just 0.006% of muslims world wide. so even if you and everybody else's weird suggestion that if american muslims were to "demonstrate" publicly, it would curtail the effectiveness of muslim terrorism is correct... it still wouldn't be all 6-7 million muslims in the US doing the protesting. you're overestimating the effect this would have.. plus most people who live in areas heavily influenced by these lunatics are usually in some remote village somewhere in africa, the philippines, indonesia etc.. who probably dont have access to tv's so they could see these "peace protests" or whatever you guys think would "help" this issue. i just think people always expect there to be some massive rally after a terrorist plot or attack or something.. to give them "peace of mind" or something lol.

"I think that would go a very long way towards restoring in the minds of many Americans some degree of legitimacy for them living amongst us."

^
they don't have to do anything. that is why there is freedom of religion in this country and muslims, like catholics, mormons etc don't have to do anything to appease anybody or to legitimize their "right" to live in this country.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:13 PM

Default Bin Laden's useful idiots?

Quote:
...so even if you and everybody else's weird suggestion that if american muslims were to "demonstrate" publicly, it would curtail the effectiveness of muslim terrorism is correct... it still wouldn't be all 6-7 million muslims in the...

...they don't have to do anything. that is why there is freedom of religion in this country and muslims, like catholics, mormons etc don't have to do anything to appease anybody or to legitimize their "right" to live in this country.
I understand what you are saying, what I am trying to convey is that I think there is today a general concern or suspicion in the minds of many Americans about the intentions of Muslim leaders living in America. And I think if some of those leaders would encourage their flock to publicly speak out or otherwise demonstrate against Islamic terrorism, that at least in the minds of those Americans who became aware of what those peace loving Muslims were doing, some of the suspicions could be allayed.

I hesitate to say this but I think there remains in the minds of many Americans a stifled but still very alive WRATH regarding the events that took place when cowardly Islamic terrorists slaughtered so many innocent Americans in New York City. And that slaughter has not abated, we stand on guard to this day.

Should another similar event take place it is possible that even police and security forces could not contain that rage and effectively protect peace loving Muslims who are easily identified by the clothing they wear from being exposed to the grapes of wrath.

So, if American Muslims would soon unite and assertively demonstrate to the nation as a whole that they are just as opposed to Islamic terrorism as other Americans are, that could serve them well and perhaps alleviate some of the accrued rage, and perhaps even contain or mitigate the inevitable outburst that would occur should Islamic cowards once again strike a large group of innocents on our soil in the name of their god and religion.

But then, maybe Bin Laden and his cowardly cave ilk consider all peace loving Muslims to be useful idiots and are hoping that those idiots (if even by just maintaining silence) will help create civil warfare between Muslims and other Americans, and that such a war will spill beyond our borders and become a world war between Muslims and Christians, in the name of God and religion on both sides??

I personally hope that never happens and that America and all freedom loving Americans will retain our precious freedoms and the enviable lifestyle provided by our inspired Constitution when it is followed.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:39 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,981,222 times
Quote:
there are 6-7 million muslims in the US which if we assume there are 1 billion muslims worldwide (i believe there are more) constitute just 0.006% of muslims world wide
6 million is 0.6% of 1 billion.

In any case, I wish more Muslims would protest Islamic acts of terrorism. But then one doesn't hear much protest by Christians of the outrageous statements made by such idiots as Pat Robertson either.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:45 PM

its not a matter of war between muslims and christians. to those extremists its a war between them and anybody who doesnt agree with them, including more "moderate" muslims
and i pointed out to another person in a different thread on this site, that there IS public opposition and denouncements to terrorist attacks from muslims, but apparently they aren't good enough or they aren't noticed. when that scumbag in fort hood did what he did, there were 34234234234 cases of muslims denouncing what he did via newspapers, internet and tv outlets and stating clearly that he does not represent their religion. a simple google search "muslims denounce fort hood shooter" or a variant of this will give you many pages worth of results.
and i hope that it never comes to a point where people are out attacking muslims. i doubt it will happen aside from isolated cases.. i know in the months after 9/11 a bunch of idiots went around vandalizing stores and businesses of indian Sikhs, who are not muslim or arab but indians who wear turbans.. they even had to make like a commercial or something reminding people that they arent muslims or arabs.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
6 million is 0.6% of 1 billion.

In any case, I wish more Muslims would protest Islamic acts of terrorism. But then one doesn't hear much protest by Christians of the outrageous statements made by such idiots as Pat Robertson either.
try your math again.
and i agree with ur comment on old man robertson

Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,045,634 times
Islam calls for

Two Ham and Swiss on Rye, extra pickles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or