U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-15-2010, 12:34 PM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,291,180 times
Reputation: 1978

Advertisements

I do think there is more than can be done by some, though not all people.

I think back to American history and the underground railroad of people who helped slaves escape slavery. It was against the law to aid the slaves, but sometimes doing what you believe in means doing something the government doesn't approve of.

As I get older, I am learning that laws generally do not change because people petition for them to go away. They change because so many people are breaking the law it becomes irrelevant.

We see this happening with the drug war in the United States. So many people use illegal drugs that the law against things such as cannabis is slowly losing strength. Not because people are petitioning the government, but because people are simply breaking the law.

Can you imagine if, in above instance for example, so many people simply decided to celebrate Valentines with red hearts and roses that the government couldn't do anything about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2010, 12:55 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,663 times
Reputation: 54
all you have are terrorist acts, etc. just because a "muslim" does something does not make it part of islam. if a muslim were to buy alcohol and get wasted that doesnt mean its ok in islam or make it a part of the religion. so all your articles of terrorist acts, etc. prove nothing at all. just simply proves that your like "x" amount of people out there that read some articles, or hear something on the news, and without even truly knowing anything about the religion, your against it and start pointing fingers. im totally against terrorism and any acts of terrorism. yet just recently a man flew a plane into an irs building in austin tx, burned down his house, etc. and was HE labeled a terrorist? no. they refused to label him a terrorist. think about it. i can almost guarantee that if he had a different name or perhaps "looked" like a "muslim" he would have had that terrorist label all over him. bottom line, like i said before, dont be like a millon other people out there who read something and think they know something about an entire religion. people will be people, and them doing something they believe is right doesnt make it right in that religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,663 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspworld View Post
But I think the answer is actually pretty simple. Who doesn't like attention? Every time we see a Muslim we are reminded of all the bad things these guys have done and then here is a Muslim claiming to be a good person who believes that his religion is very peaceful and in fact the best religion there is.
how do you expect mulims or even a group of muslims to stand up and speak out against terrorism when people already have that thought in their head. our voices would fall on deaf ears because most people, sad to say, think that way when they see a muslim. i would love to put in my two sense on the to try and tell people that terrorism is not a part of islam but who would listen that doesnt already know that its not part of the religion. think about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:35 PM
 
40,078 posts, read 26,744,474 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
all you have are terrorist acts, etc. just because a "muslim" does something does not make it part of islam. if a muslim were to buy alcohol and get wasted that doesnt mean its ok in islam or make it a part of the religion. so all your articles of terrorist acts, etc. prove nothing at all. just simply proves that your like "x" amount of people out there that read some articles, or hear something on the news, and without even truly knowing anything about the religion, your against it and start pointing fingers. im totally against terrorism and any acts of terrorism. yet just recently a man flew a plane into an irs building in austin tx, burned down his house, etc. and was HE labeled a terrorist? no. they refused to label him a terrorist. think about it. i can almost guarantee that if he had a different name or perhaps "looked" like a "muslim" he would have had that terrorist label all over him. bottom line, like i said before, dont be like a millon other people out there who read something and think they know something about an entire religion. people will be people, and them doing something they believe is right doesnt make it right in that religion.
No . . . we have the Q'uran and the hadiths in the Sunnah that are very clear about Dar al Harb. As long as Israel EXISTS . . . Muslims are commanded to support the jihad of defense by deception of the infidels. They also ALL get credit from Allah for the actions of the jihadis. Nothing any Muslim claims can be believed as long as Israel EXISTS and Dar al Harb is in effect. This is why they never adhere to any of the terms of peace negotiated with Israel. The negotiations and agreements are used to re-arm and re-supply the jihadis, period. The concessions of land are seen as incremental return of their lands that provide sanctuary and strategic advantage for the jihadis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 10:54 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,663 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . we have the Q'uran and the hadiths in the Sunnah that are very clear about Dar al Harb. As long as Israel EXISTS . . . Muslims are commanded to support the jihad of defense by deception of the infidels. They also ALL get credit from Allah for the actions of the jihadis. Nothing any Muslim claims can be believed as long as Israel EXISTS and Dar al Harb is in effect. This is why they never adhere to any of the terms of peace negotiated with Israel. The negotiations and agreements are used to re-arm and re-supply the jihadis, period. The concessions of land are seen as incremental return of their lands that provide sanctuary and strategic advantage for the jihadis.

muslims are commanded to support jihad and chop off the heads of infadels... gimme a break or something better than that bro, if that were true there would be no disbelievers and i would have chopped off alotta heads now. truth be told when people were killing muslims back in the day when the war was going on and people were killing muslims for what they believe, god granted permission only to kill the people who were going to kill them first. aka self defense. but obviously true muslims dont follow that today because i know alot more muslims than the ones they show on the news and i know none of them would ever kill anybody, disbeliever or not so take that crap out of here. what they do over seas is another story.

and as far as what people do wrong in israel, those are just people, religous or not, and they say theyre muslim, what am i supposed to stop a nation of people that are not following the religion correctly, no. people will still do what people do. and Dar al Harb is not mentioned in the quran or a hadith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,532,336 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
all you have are terrorist acts, etc. just because a "muslim" does something does not make it part of islam.
That is true. On the other hand, we don't hear much about mainstream Islam (much less Islamic nations that don't have anything to do with terrorists) disavowing terrorist acts. Tacit support doesn't make a case for good publicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Reputation: 12628
More Muslims killing Muslims.

Officials in Iraq say the death toll from a wave of shootings and bomb attacks across the country Monday has risen to at least 67.

In the deadliest attack, at least 36 people were killed and 100 were wounded when two car bombs exploded in the central Iraqi city of Hilla. Investigators say explosions occurred outside of a textile factory in the city, which is about 95 kilometers south of Baghdad.
Gun, Bomb Attacks Kill at Least 67 in Iraq | Middle East | English
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
 
40,078 posts, read 26,744,474 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
muslims are commanded to support jihad and chop off the heads of infadels... gimme a break or something better than that bro,
Learn to read . . . I said nothing about beheading . . . I said DECEIVE (What you are trying to do). Every Muslim gets credit for the actual killing by any jihadis each year. There is no need to participate . . . just support it with DECEPTION and LIES to the infidels.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-10-2010 at 09:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Rome, Georgia
2,706 posts, read 3,337,442 times
Reputation: 1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
: Islam calls for :

the of obtaining factual information
purity of the soul
cooperation doing good
amiablitity and humility
righteousness

knowledge of the rules of ethics and behaviour


islam ban of


)1 the worship of any creature

2Blind acceptance of false traditional beliefs
3 drinking and gambling
4. tyranny and injustice
5. suicide
6. larceny
Woah. You had me until item 3 on the ban list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,663 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That is true. On the other hand, we don't hear much about mainstream Islam (much less Islamic nations that don't have anything to do with terrorists) disavowing terrorist acts. Tacit support doesn't make a case for good publicity.
true u dont hear much about muslims stopping the radicals much bu that doesnt mean it doesnt happen, with the few brothers and sisters that have the time and money to fly overseas and who are ballsy enough to talk to these radicals that kill themselves and other people, mad respect for them. god bless them and may they return home safe. but muslims do alot of good its just not mediated. when was the last time you saw something posotive about muslims or towards islam? u never do because all they show are the radicals and negativity. look at palestine though in the middle east. muslim women are being raped and beat in front of their husbands and the husbands get beat if they try and fight back. i mean no wonder their pissed, but they never show THAT stuff on the news. its not a religous thing over seas, most of its just people hating people for whats being done to people mothers fathers brothers sisters etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top