Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
What a completely unexpected surprise: another thread putting Islam up on a pedestal.
The islamists do seem to have very good propagandists!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 03:38 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
...........moslems are misguided people worthy of our sympathy.
Sorry, but I reserve my sympathy for people who are incidental victims, such as the people of Haiti. For those who voluntarily choose islam I feel nothing but contempt.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
Just a note:

ALL religious thoughts, beliefs, and ideologies are welcome here in the "Religion and Philosophy" forum.

However, at the first hint of attacking, trolling, flaming, or otherwise not adhering to the Terms of Service, this thread will be closed.

Respectful debate/dialogue?...

~~Any of the above: Not so much.

~June

Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,921,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
So tell me....

How--specifically--has Islam made the world, and society at large, a BETTER PLACE?

Facts and statistics, please.

That's a good question rayne! I would also be very interested in seeing some facts and statistics backing up this wild claim by the OP. What happened to him anyway???

Old 02-06-2010, 01:44 AM

55 posts, read 66,835 times
Islam prohibits killing the Source Quran
If the U.S. came Alluni in general non-Muslim in the land of Islam, he lives with dignity and deprives kill him or injure
Islam forbids injustice and the unjust punished and can not be injustice and fraud to a non-Muslim
Islam Aighebr one entry
Finally, I wish you well and I want you to enter Aalasalam saved from fire Read the Holy Quran from the confiscation of the right and you will see the truth Atakzu religion of a people know nothing about him

Old 02-06-2010, 02:04 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,921,899 times
More hot air!!! You have not proven anything. We would like you to provide us with some "specific examples" of how Islam has made the world, or society at large, a better place.

My guess is this will require a Herculean effort on your part.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:50 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,544,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
So tell me....

How--specifically--has Islam made the world, and society at large, a BETTER PLACE?

Facts and statistics, please.
Islam preserved a great deal of Greek knowledge. It brought literacy to much of Africa. The Islamic world also provided a valuable conduit between the West and the East. Hindu and Chinese knowledge reached the West largely due to Islam.

I'm not sure if Islam has done much to make the world better since the sixteenth century. Still Islamic movements did increase literacy and in some cases encourage non-violent roads to independence in parts of West Africa in the twentieth century. Islam also led Malcolm X to reject racism. (Yes he was racist due to NoI, but NoI is kind of a quasi-Muslim religion)

Zai Jian!

Old 02-06-2010, 06:33 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,007,717 times
Isaac and Ishmael warring for all of time.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:39 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
Quote:
Officials say a suicide bomber on a motorcycle rammed a bus carrying Shi'ite Muslim pilgrims Friday. Later in the day, a bomb exploded outside the entrance to the emergency ward of a hospital treating victims of the first blast.
Mourners Gather in Karachi After Deadly Bombings | Asia | English (http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/asia/Mourners-Gather-in-Karachi-After-Deadly-Bombings-83706927.html - broken link)
Quote:
The "martyrdom operations" against Israeli civilians, following one another in rapid succession, licensed Israel to launch massive reprisals. Before these reprisals, Arab governments and opinion-makers had been content to let the "suicide fever" run rampant, in the media and in street demonstrations.
Must Innocents Die? The Islamic Debate over Suicide Attacks :: Middle East Quarterly

Quote:
Muslim Jihadis perpetrated another series of coordinated bombing attacks in India. Today, it was a series of bomb explosions in the Western Indian city of Ahmadbad that killed 29 and injured 88 persons. Yesterday it was bombings in the southern Indian city of Bangalore a major technology development center in the Republic that killed two and injured five persons.
http://blog.americancongressfortruth.com/2008/07/26/muslim-bombings-in-western-indian-city-kill-29-coordinated-with-attacks-in-bangalore/ (broken link)
Quote:
At least 16 bombs went off Saturday evening in several crowded neighborhoods of Ahmadabad — a crowded and historic city that in 2002 was the scene of some of the worst rioting between India’s Hindu majority and its Muslim minority.
http://blog.americancongressfortruth.com/2008/07/26/muslim-bombings-in-western-indian-city-kill-29-coordinated-with-attacks-in-bangalore/ (broken link)
Quote:
For example, between October 2000 and October 2006 there were 167 clearly identified suicide bomber attacks, with 51 other types of suicide attack
Suicide attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Six bombs rocked Shiite neighborhoods of Baghdad on Monday, killing 36 people and wounding more than 110 in a dramatic escalation of violence as the U.S. military is thinning out its presence before a June 30 deadline to pull combat troops out of the cities.
Muslim Bombings In Baghdad Kill 36 Muslims | Sweetness & Light
Quote:
"In the name of Allah the Indian Mujahideen strike again! Do whatever you can, within 5 minutes from now, feel the terror of Death!" said an e-mail from the group sent to several Indian television stations minutes before the blasts began.
Islamic Group Claims Responsibility for India Bombings - July 27, 2008 - The New York Sun
Quote:
A 16-year-old girl was buried alive by relatives in southeastern Turkey in a gruesome honor killing carried out because she reportedly befriended boys, the Anatolia news agency reported Thursday.

Acting on a tip, police discovered the body of the girl, identified only as M.M., in a sitting position with her hands tied, in a 2-meter-deep hole dug under a chicken pen outside her house in Kahta, a town in the southeastern province of Adıyaman, the news agency reported.

The body was found in December, around 40 days after M.M. went missing. She is being identified by her initials because she was under the age of 18. Her father and grandfather are suspected in the murder.

A subsequent postmortem examination revealed that M.M. had a significant amount of soil in her lungs and stomach, indicating that she was buried alive and conscious….
Honor Killing: 16 Year Old Muslim Girl Buried Alive for Befriending Boys

Quote:
Though the two bombs caused considerable damage, the toll could have been much higher if police had not found and defused 19 more bombs hidden at bus stops, movie theaters, and bridges.
Hindu-Muslim ties in spotlight in wake of Hyderabad bombings / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

What Islam does speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what Islam says..........

Last edited by Goodpasture; 02-06-2010 at 09:12 AM..

Old 02-06-2010, 11:30 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
Islam is the most evil thing to have ever been created, by an athiest who viewed all religion as a means to control people. Terrorists are the filthy, pathetic hands of Muhammad.
Why are you trying to get this thread shut down? The original poster is not doing his part to back his statements properly, so there is no harm in letting it ride. While I have no love for Islam whatsoever, I think you are being a bit brutal yourself. While you are at it, why dont you do what I asked of Shamok in the last post and post your sources as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam