Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,911,962 times

Advertisements

To SHAMOK-How about some recent examples of how Islam has made the world a better place??? Examples from 500 or more years ago by a different poster other than yourself are not very convincing to me. What has Islam done for us lately? What is modern Islam? What is it's main goal?

"Modern criticism of Islam includes accusations that Islam is intolerant of criticism and that Islamic law is too hard on apostates from Islam. Critics like Ibn Warraq question the morality of the Qu'ran, saying that its contents justify the mistreatment of women and encourage antisemitic remarks by Muslim theologians."

Would you care to refute what is posted in the above paragraph???

I despise all organized religion, yours included. I believe religion is a tool by the elite. It is a way for the minority, those with the wealth and the power, to control the masses, and the weak-minded. It's an easy way for those elite to push their agenda. Your religion is very misogynistic. Women are not slaves or property and they are not cattle for breeding. Most of us in the U.S. and other developed countries do not treat women this way. Some countries of today are still following the belief systems of the Dark Ages. I think I can speak for most people, women as well as men, when I say we do not want to live in the Dark Ages ever again.

If one needs advice from a book to tell them how to live, I think better advice concerning philosophy can be found in a Dr. Seuss book.

Shamok's first sentence in this thread-post #2
..."I tell who not know about islam and who mistaker."

Then we've got his next post #14..."Islam prohibits killing the Source Quran
If the U.S. came Alluni in general non-Muslim in the land of Islam, he lives with dignity and deprives kill him or injure
Islam forbids injustice and the unjust punished and can not be injustice and fraud to a non-Muslim
Islam Aighebr one entry
Finally, I wish you well and I want you to enter Aalasalam saved from fire Read the Holy Quran from the confiscation of the right and you will see the truth Atakzu religion of a people know nothing about him"

The grammar and syntax of the two above posts by Shamok is very unusual. It was a little odd to read.

Then we have Post #17 below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
Islam is a religion for all people from whatever race or background they might be. That is why Islamic civilization is based on a unity which stands completely against any racial or ethnic discrimination. Such major racial and ethnic groups as the Arabs, Persians, Turks, Africans, Indians, Chinese and Malays in addition to numerous smaller units embraced Islam and contributed to the building of Islamic civilization. Moreover, Islam was not opposed to learning from the earlier civilizations and incorporating their science, learning, and culture into its own world view, as long as they did not oppose the principles of Islam. Each ethnic and racial group which embraced Islam made its contribution to the one Islamic civilization to which everyone belonged. The sense of brotherhood and sisterhood was so much emphasized that it overcame all local attachments to a particular tribe, race, or language--all of which became subservient to the universal brotherhood and sisterhood of Islam.

The global civilization thus created by Islam permitted people of diverse ethnic backgrounds to work together in cultivating various arts and sciences. Although the civilization was profoundly Islamic, even non-Muslim "people of the book" participated in the intellectual activity whose fruits belonged to everyone. The scientific climate was reminiscent of the present situation in America where scientists and men and women of learning from all over the world are active in the advancement of knowledge which belongs to everyone. The global civilization created by Islam also succeeded in activating the mind and thought of the people who entered its fold. As a result of Islam, the nomadic Arabs became torch-bearers of science and learning. The Persians who had created a great civilization before the rise of Islam nevertheless produced much more science and learning in the Islamic period than before. The same can be said of the Turks and other peoples who embraced Islam. The religion of Islam was itself responsible not only for the creation of a world civilization in which people of many different ethnic backgrounds participated, but it played a central role in developing intellectual and cultural life on a scale not seen before. For some eight hundred years Arabic remained the major intellectual and scientific language of the world. During the centuries following the rise of Islam, Muslim dynasties ruling in various parts of the Islamic world bore witness to the flowering of Islamic culture and thought. In fact this tradition of intellectual activity was eclipsed only at the beginning of modern times as a result of the weakening of faith among Muslims combined with external domination. And today this activity has begun anew in many parts of the Islamic world now that the Muslims have regained their political independence.
^WOW!!! That was quite different from your previous two posts. I find this quite bizarre!!! And, you my friend have no credibility whatsoever in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 05:23 PM

13 posts, read 28,381 times
Even though I'm not a Muslim myself, I have felt that there are a lot of good things in Islam from a spiritual point of view.

I have seen real examples of people who were touched by Islam and they gave up all their "bad habits" and became God fearing people. However these people start believing that Islam is the only way to live life. They believe that Allah has told them to proselytize other people by WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY! Now I'm not saying every Muslim does this but I myself have been approached by quite a few Muslims some of whom would actually bother me because I'm not Muslim. If this is what the religion actually wants you to do, then nobody in their sane mind would convert to this religion.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM

232 posts, read 700,244 times
...and Islam was founded by a terrorist for terrorist.
Please Stop the propaganda...the west is not stupid. We are the ones innovating the world...not the Muslims...they are the ones degenerating the world.
they do not allow any other beliefs in Islamic countries.
they have added ZERO value to world society.

In Europe, Islamic immigration is destroying the social system since they don't believe in work and most families have between 4-5 kids all living on welfare.

WalidShoebat.com
Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

Old 02-08-2010, 01:47 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,949,962 times
Quote:
Islam prohibits killing the Source Quran
If the U.S. came Alluni in general non-Muslim in the land of Islam, he lives with dignity and deprives kill him or injure
Islam forbids injustice and the unjust punished and can not be injustice and fraud to a non-Muslim
Islam Aighebr one entry
Finally, I wish you well and I want you to enter Aalasalam saved from fire Read the Holy Quran from the confiscation of the right and you will see the truth Atakzu religion of a people know nothing about him
One simple question:

Why Does Saudi Arabia not allow freedom of religion ? There is not one Jewish or Christian house of worship in Saudi Arabia. Bibles are confiscated at the border.

IS it because they are frightened by a little competition???

Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,629,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
So tell me....

How--specifically--has Islam made the world, and society at large, a BETTER PLACE?

Facts and statistics, please.
You know I thought about your post and it's a good one, by the way.

Let us examine the trajectory of the other major religions, that is Budhism (older), Hinduism (older), and Islam (younger). It must be stated that all three of these religions have been around long enough to measure it's effect on the goodness and properity of it's followers. So I submit to all you good folks, the world has witnessed the nations and cultures spawned by these religions and the quality of the religion, indeed, has a measurable track record. All you have to do is notice they involve mostly third-world nations and some second-world nations. Measure the level of prosperity, corruption, poverty, productivity, kindness, and generousity of these folks.

You can only conclude, if these religions are truly influential to their followers and they certainly seem to be, these religions overall are VASTLY inferior to Christianity. Sorry, the proof is in the pudding.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:04 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,141,147 times
It seems to me that the tolerance exhibited by followers of a religion, and the nations they control, is a good indicator of its worth. Islam fails rather badly (!) in many places in the world. Christianity has in the past, but not so much now. The followers of any religion can make life very hard for the rest of the population. Buddhism probably comes out on top in this comparison, if we are to embrace democratic principles at all.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,947,606 times
Quote:
: islam ban of

2. Blind acceptance of false traditional beliefs

4. tyranny and injustice
On #2, isn't that what faith is though and is Islam not traditional to the Middle East? I am deliberately ignoring the word "false" as the Christians say the same things about Islam.

On #4, you're joking right? I'm not sure the Ayatollah, King Abdullah nor Saddam Hussein were aware of that.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:48 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,403,448 times
Well whatever, I would like to see more Islam stuff from several sources. Obviously it is going to be with us for a while.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 PM

13 posts, read 28,381 times
Quote:
Measure the level of prosperity, corruption, poverty, productivity, kindness, and generousity of these folks.

You can only conclude, if these religions are truly influential to their followers and they certainly seem to be, these religions overall are VASTLY inferior to Christianity. Sorry, the proof is in the pudding.
If this is true than how do you account for the Hindus, Buddhists, and Muslims that are much more prosperous, fair, richer, productive, kinder, and generous than Christians. Maybe they're the ones who understood and adhered to their religion. Yes, many of these religions are very influential to their followers but it doesn't necessarily mean that the followers "got the point".

Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 AM

55 posts, read 66,771 times
Why all the hatred against Islam? We have the miracle world and we are a developing country because of the children and young people who you are Thakd them and thank God that will save us and make us of the oil-rich states Thank God I do not deny poor adherence to Islam in some Muslim societies, if you like Read the miracles of the apostle you will see something strange sad that many of the converted to Islam that you will say to you know something about Islam and this is something very sad and I saw with my own eyes </SPAN>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam