U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,041,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
'Wisdom', eh?

Sounds more like perversion and misogyny.
so , you consider abandonment his first wife will more wisdom than keeping her as a wife with the second one ?

Old 02-21-2010, 10:20 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,191,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
so , you consider abandonment his first wife will more wisdom than keeping her as a wife with the second one ?
If you want to get right down to it, I consider the guy hopelessly immature and unable to deal with adult relationships.

I find it extremely interesting that this guy has only these two choices, according to you.

Sounds like Islam is for babies masquerading as men. "Me me me me me me me me me...and that's that."

Whatever.

I'll tell you right now, if this scenario were brought up in the Relationships forum, it would get slaughtered.

Women in the Western world don't put up with man-babies.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Yes, I've come across people who divorced a spouse due to health problems or infertility...but your post to me sounded like you were only concerned with the husband.

Pray tell, do women in Islam get the opportunity to have multiple husbands if the first one is defective?

(I already know the answer, just want to hear it from you.)

Please detail the reasons for or against it. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,875 times
Quote:

EDIT:

Pray tell, do women in Islam get the opportunity to have multiple husbands if the first one is defective?

(I already know the answer, just want to hear it from you.)

Please detail the reasons for or against it. Thanks.

This is connected primarily to faith in Allaah. All religions are agreed that it is not permissible for a woman to have intercourse with anyone except her husband.

Belief in Allaah dictates submission to His rulings and laws, for Allaah is All-Wise and All-Knowing, He knows what is in the best interests of mankind. So we may understand the wisdom behind the ruling of shareeah, or we may not be able to grasp it.

Moreover it is medically proven now that one of the major causes of the serious diseases which have become widespread, such as AIDS etc., is women having intercourse with more than one man, and the mixing of seminal fluids in the womans womb causes these lethal diseases. Hence Allaah has prescribed a waiting period (iddah) for a woman who has been divorced or whose husband has died, until enough time has passed for her womb and passages to be cleansed of any traces of her former husband, and the monthly period also has a role to play in this matter.

Islam Question and Answer - Why is it forbidden for a woman to have multiple husbands at one time?

Islam Question and Answer - The ruling on plural marriage and the wisdom behind it

Old 02-22-2010, 09:49 PM

55,710 posts, read 74,728,647 times
a good teaching.
of course in the east and the west it is the same, , we so often do not follow the teachings that god gave us.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:28 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,537,188 times
Quote:
Moreover it is medically proven now that one of the major causes of the serious diseases which have become widespread, such as AIDS etc., is women having intercourse with more than one man
The other mayor cause being men having intercourse with multiple people.

Islam is incredibly stupid.
Quote:
, and the mixing of seminal fluids in the womans womb causes these lethal diseases.
Your copy and paste website is a few centuries behind our current understanding of medicine.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
The other mayor cause being men having intercourse with multiple people.

Islam is incredibly stupid.
i always hears such offenses against my relegion , but it hurted me when i heared it from you specifically , coosjoaquin

i hope you will watch-out your words in the second time

peace

Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,296,934 times
Quote:
i always hears such offenses against my relegion , but it hurted me when i heared it from you specifically , coosjoaquin

i hope you will watch-out your words in the second time

peace

No, in this case, you deserve it. The medical information you have on sexually transmitted diseases is dangerously out of date.

If that is what Islam is teaching you, the Islam has fallen very far from the scientific understanding and progress it made many centuries ago and has indeed become ignorant.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
If you want to get right down to it, I consider the guy hopelessly immature and unable to deal with adult relationships.

I find it extremely interesting that this guy has only these two choices, according to you.

Sounds like Islam is for babies masquerading as men. "Me me me me me me me me me...and that's that."

Whatever.

I'll tell you right now, if this scenario were brought up in the Relationships forum, it would get slaughtered.

Women in the Western world don't put up with man-babies.

i'm completely agree with , i also never support such relationships .
if islam allowed the divorce , it dosn't mean atall that God love the divorce , it's just a solution for some problems in our lifes may be arises

while islam give us solutions for such problems , it dosn't mean that those problems exists only in muslims society , these problems exists in your society either , but your religion didn't support you with solution or may be it forced you to accept your problem and live with it untill your death

which solution is better , we can judge by analyizing the consequences of two laws .

your objections were about saying that it's wisdom in islam that man does not need to divorce his wife in order to marry another one

the wisdom is in existence of this option , because some problems needs this solution .
instead of mocking , you should to tell us the wisdom of forcing man to divorce his first wife if he allready decided to marry another

and instead of mocking , you can simply asking us what is the wisdom of that option , asking us about examples which will fit such option ( that's in the case you wanna to get knowledge about other views and other exprience and other cultures offcourse )

Old 02-23-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
No, in this case, you deserve it. The medical information you have on sexually transmitted diseases is dangerously out of date.

If that is what Islam is teaching you, the Islam has fallen very far from the scientific understanding and progress it made many centuries ago and has indeed become ignorant.
( islam mentioned just that spread of adultery in the nation will cause new deciese in that nation )
first of all , his quote wasn't forwarded to me .

secondly , even if it was me who wrote something wrong , so he should to forward his insults toward me or toward my rational or my knowledge , not to entire relegion .

that was my point actually

Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,296,934 times
Quote:
first of all , his quote wasn't forwarded to me .

secondly , even if it was me who wrote something wrong , so he should to forward his insults toward me or toward my rational or my knowledge , not to entire relegion .

that was my point actually

Then instead of getting defensive, why not correct your grossly misinformed peer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or