U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:00 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Then instead of getting defensive, why not correct your grossly misinformed peer?
i have no problem if i found myself wrong in my knowledge , actually i feel happy to correct my wrong knowledge , and i have no problem to confess that i was wrong with something .
anyway , it wasn't my argument at all
i just like this guy (coosjoaquin ) and i respect him much , and his words hurts me , so that i wanted for him to know

i will not give interrest for everyone insulting my relegion , it will be just for whom i feel honest and intellectual and rational and kindness in their arguments

Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,294,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i have no problem if i found myself wrong in my knowledge , actually i feel happy to correct my wrong knowledge , and i have no problem to confess that i was wrong with something .
anyway , it wasn't my argument at all
i just like this guy (coosjoaquin ) and i respect him much , and his words hurts me , so that i wanted for him to know

i will not give interrest for everyone insulting my relegion , it will be just for whom i feel honest and intellectual and rational and kindness in their arguments

You misunderstand. Moonsun posted medical information that is wrong. cosjoaquin pointed out how ignorant and outdated the information is and condemned Islam for teaching it (since Islamic sources were cited).

Instead of questioning why cosjoaquin called your religion stupid, why not correct moonsun of his errors? That way you can prove it is only Moonsun that is wrong and not the teachings of Islam?

Unless, of course, those *are* the teachings of Islam, it *is* outdated and ignorant, and you can't correct him, thus proving cosjoaquin's point.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
You misunderstand. Moonsun posted medical information that is wrong. cosjoaquin pointed out how ignorant and outdated the information is and condemned Islam for teaching it (since Islamic sources were cited).
oh , i got it , i didn't recognise the existence of these links

so what these links says ? it says that one of the major causes of the serious diseases which have become widespread such as AIDS etc., is women having intercourse with more than one man, and the mixing of seminal fluids in the woman’s womb causes these lethal diseases.

is this information scntifically wrong ? does intercoursing of women with more than one man have nothing to do with spread of diseases ?
where is the wrong informations here ? offcourse it's one of reasons which helpes in spread of diseases

Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,535,000 times
Quote:
i always hears such offenses against my relegion , but it hurted me when i heared it from you specifically , coosjoaquin

i hope you will watch-out your words in the second time

peace
Why? The implication that men don't spread STD's is insulting and idiotic. I think spreading this information is deceitful and I find that using semantics to put women in a bad light is misleading.

Please google HIV. What it is and how it spreads are actually well understood. Saying that it's semen mixed in the uterus is just a lie.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Why? The implication that men don't spread STD's is insulting and idiotic. I think spreading this information is deceitful and I find that using semantics to put women in a bad light is misleading.

Please google HIV. What it is and how it spreads are actually well understood. Saying that it's semen mixed in the uterus is just a lie.

quote for me what islam said which you found it contradict with science

Old 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
quote for me what islam said which you found it contradict with science
This one for starters:
Quote:
the mixing of seminal fluids in the woman’s womb causes these lethal diseases

Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,188,849 times
Quote:
so what these links says ? it says that one of the major causes of the serious diseases which have become widespread such as AIDS etc., is women having intercourse with more than one man, and the mixing of seminal fluids in the woman’s womb causes these lethal diseases.
The link is blatantly wrong.

Quote:
is this information scntifically wrong ?
YES.

Quote:
does intercoursing of women with more than one man have nothing to do with spread of diseases ?
where is the wrong informations here ? offcourse it's one of reasons which helpes in spread of diseases
Your religion is breeding ignorance of a profound nature, and as a follower, you would do well to educate yourself in SPITE of the propaganda, for it is only serving to keep its followers ignorant and full of hate for women.

I work in healthcare, and American hospitals are filled with patients of all faiths, including Islam. Pathophysiology follows nature's dictates, not Islam's nor Christianity's. The assertions found in those links is preposterous and thoroughly incorrect.

[EDIT: Another thing for you to consider is that there are scores of Muslim physicians practicing in America and other Western countries who emphatically do NOT believe the garbage passing as medical information in those links. They've managed to think beyond Islam, and I applaud them.]

Furthermore, I find both Islam's and Christianity's utter disdain for women (and the fundamentalists' rejection of science) more than enough reason to shun both.

Women are not dogs, swine, nor anything less than men, and the numerous passages in the bible and quran that equate women as such ('unclean', etc.) are insulting, degrading, and obviously appeal only to extremely weak-minded men.

And I say this: for any man to view his wife as inherently evil, dirty, or lesser than he, no true love can ever exist.

/rant

Last edited by rayneinspain; 02-23-2010 at 02:52 PM..

Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post

Your religion is breeding ignorance of a profound nature, and as a follower, you would do well to educate yourself in SPITE of the propaganda, for it is only serving to keep its followers ignorant and full of hate for women.

the only comment i should saying to you is to follow your own advice above , and not talking about other relegions without real knowledge about it

peace

Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM

40,150 posts, read 26,779,715 times
Quote:
[/b]

the only comment i should saying to you is to follow your own advice above , and not talking about other relegions without real knowledge about it

peace
I have real knowledge about your religion . . . and I agree with rayneinspain.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
well done
Why are you being willfully ignorant, why avoid using your own common sense? When a woman without STD's has 5 male partners without STD's then no one gets an STD.

If, on the other hand, an infected male has 5 female partners, then everyone gets sick.

Saying that "it's been medically proven" that men don't spread std's or that diseases are spontaneously created in the uterus is a big lie. Why are you desperate to spread this?

Quote:
i will quote from it what it supports islam ( by the way the site isn't islamic nor relegious in any kind )
Liar, Oneflesh.org main titles describes itself as:
Quote:
A Non-Profit Center for the Investigation and Implementation of God's Healing Gifts
Furthermore, most of the chapters on the website use biblical passages to justify what they promote(something that btw does not equate to science, whatever your claims may be).

Seeing this just makes me have a lower view of Islam. It's no longer just a misogynistic and idiotic belief system but one built upon layers of lies and half truths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or