U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:36 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Why are you being willfully ignorant, why avoid using your own common sense? When a woman without STD's has 5 male partners without STD's then no one gets an STD.
coosjoaquin , what you didn't realize yet is that i agree with your sense , but i want to clarify the misunderstanding

in post # 24 you said " Why? The implication that men don't spread STD's is insulting and idiotic."

do you know why asked you to quote from the islamic site ? , it's simply because the islamic site didn't say that men don't spread STD's

then you quoted this from the islamic site
"the mixing of seminal fluids in the woman’s womb causes these lethal diseases "

your quote dosn't say that men don't spread STD's , it dosn't say it atall , coosjaquin

Quote:
If, on the other hand, an infected male has 5 female partners, then everyone gets sick.
and where did i denied that ?

Quote:
Saying that "it's been medically proven" that men don't spread std's or that diseases are spontaneously created in the uterus is a big lie. Why are you desperate to spread this?
offcourse , you are right
but where in the islamic site it said that ?

Quote:
Liar, Oneflesh.org main titles describes itself as:
first of all , thank you for your kindness and respectfull mannar

i was wrong in that , it wasn't my intetions to lie , but when i explored about the author , i found these informations
Dr. Poesnecker began his professional career in Seattle, Washington forty-five years ago. With degrees in both Naturopathy and Chiropractic, he was personally trained by the renowned Dr. John Bastyr in the more advanced forms of Alternative and Natural healing
In 1969 he was offered the position as director of the prestigious Clymer Health Clinic in Quakertown, PA, a position he held until 1984.

so that i considered his knowledge to be qualified , he isn't priest nor scholar of christianity , he is spesialist in this field

(so , regardless of his relegion . if you have objections about the scientific knowldge he stated can you correct it ? )

Quote:
Furthermore, most of the chapters on the website use biblical passages to justify what they promote(something that btw does not equate to science, whatever your claims may be).

Seeing this just makes me have a lower view of Islam. It's no longer just a misogynistic and idiotic belief system but one built upon layers of lies and half truths.
i muslim myself , biblical passages mentioned wasn't my case , i just meant the scientific knowledge mentioned here
let us pick the scientific knowldge mentioned here and find out if they true !

Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 AM

40,167 posts, read 26,789,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Seeing this just makes me have a lower view of Islam. It's no longer just a misogynistic and idiotic belief system but one built upon layers of lies and half truths.
It is a basic command of Allah under Jihad of war and defense (Dar al-Harb) . . . which seems to be perpetual as long as Israel exists and there are non-Muslim controlled parts of the world . . . to deceive the infidels (every non-Muslim) in any way that will assist the Jihad. It is NOT just individuals deceiving . . . it is COMMANDED by Allah as an integral part of the religion itself.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
And go not nigh to fornication; surely it is an indecency and an evil way. 17.32

STDs occur most commonly in sexually active teenagers and young adults, especially those with multiple sex partners.
STD - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - urologychannel

The estimated total number of people living in the US with STD is over STD Symptoms Pictures Treatment | STDs Information

Old 02-25-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
And go not nigh to fornication; surely it is an indecency and an evil way. 17.32

STDs occur most commonly in sexually active teenagers and young adults, especially those with multiple sex partners.
STD - Sexually Transmitted Diseases - urologychannel

The estimated total number of people living in the US with STD is over STD Symptoms Pictures Treatment | STDs Information

the conflict here is that coosjoaquin thought that you said "men don't spread STD's " while scientifically infected men will spread STD's

what can you say about that ? did you really meant that infected men don't spread STD's ?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:36 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
That even a god understands, "Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em."
and treat them kindly; then if you hate them, it may be that you dislike a thing while Allah has placed abundant good in it.} 4:19

the close interpretation for the above verse is that Allah is encouraging the husband to be patient with the wife and not to divorce her and then Allah brings a great deal of good and because of the great deal of good that he is promised from Allah and for sure they would get it if they do not get divorce then this hate will gradually will be changed to love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
the conflict here is that coosjoaquin thought that you said "men don't spread STD's " while scientifically infected men will spread STD's
Quote:

what can you say about that ? did you really meant that infected men don't spread STD's ?

here is all waht i said to answer rayneinspain question
"do women in Islam get the opportunity to have multiple husbands if the first one is defective?"

This is connected primarily to faith in Allaah. All religions are agreed that it is not permissible for a woman to have intercourse with anyone except her husband.

Belief in Allaah dictates submission to His rulings and laws, for Allaah is All-Wise and All-Knowing, He knows what is in the best interests of mankind. So we may understand the wisdom behind the ruling of sharee’ah, or we may not be able to grasp it.

Moreover it is medically proven now that one of the major causes of the serious diseases which have become widespread, such as AIDS etc., is women having intercourse with more than one man, and the mixing of seminal fluids in the woman’s womb causes these lethal diseases. Hence Allaah has prescribed a waiting period (‘iddah) for a woman who has been divorced or whose husband has died, until enough time has passed for her womb and passages to be cleansed of any traces of her former husband, and the monthly period also has a role to play in this matter.

Islam Question and Answer - Why is it forbidden for a woman to have multiple husbands at one time?

notice that i said one of the major causes
that means there are other causes .

and i never said "men don't spread STD's " and no such thing can be understood from my thread. and it is very obvious that infected men will spread STD's

Old 02-25-2010, 04:43 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,189,430 times
I am not at all surprised that Islam forbids women the same right to polygamy as it does men. Islam is based, in part, on its fear of women.

That attitude toward women appears with some frequency in Muslim postings, so I'm not truly surprised.

Even though you have relented and admitted that STDs also are spread by infected men, you are still trying to convince us all that women are also spreading STDs merely by virtue of having multiple partners. Since you have not stated in any way that the woman must be infected, we must surmise by your own omission that it is spread ONLY because she is female.

Someone else brought up the scenario (which I don't see you've answered), wherein an uninfected woman has sex with multiple uninfected partners.

Is it your contention that she will magically create and spread an STD out of thin air?

Last edited by rayneinspain; 02-25-2010 at 05:10 PM..

Old 02-25-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
and i never said "men don't spread STD's " and no such thing can be understood from my thread. and it is very obvious that infected men will spread STD's
thank you , moonsun

i hope if coosjoaquin read that to realize the misunderstanding he had from you

Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,189,430 times
Quote:
all what he intend to say that it will be more dangerious for women to have multiple parteners
I didn't see any indication of that.

It's dangerous for men to have multiple partners, too, and that fact has not been sufficiently supported by any of the Muslim posters.

Quote:
The limited HIV information available for the Middle East and North Africa indicates that approximately 380,000 people were living with HIV in 2007, including the 40,000 people who were newly infected with the virus that year. Across the region, most HIV infections are occurring in men...
Quote:
Despite limited data, it is probable that the primary sources of HIV transmission in this region are unprotected paid sex and the use of contaminated drug-injection equipment. The Islamic Republic of Iran harbors the highest HIV prevalence in injection-drug users of this region.
Middle East and North Africa

What? HIV/AIDS in pious Islamic countries?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 AM

13,575 posts, read 21,734,191 times
closed
Dayton, Akron-Canton in Ohio

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-26-2010 at 07:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or