U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Islam a religion of Peace?
Always 4 11.76%
Never 15 44.12%
Sometimes 10 29.41%
Most of the time 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:44 AM

348 posts, read 459,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
While posting on this thread Is Islam a peaceful religion? I urge all member posting on this thread to stay calm.

Please don't say anything disrespectful about Islam. No Trolling ,No out of control aguments ,Stay On Topic
Obsence Langurage is not allowed.
I ask for polite discussions

Respect other opinions

You can post opposing viewpoint about Islam as long as it's not offensive.

you can disagree but stay calm.

All opinions are welcome whether you Like Islam or not. Again I repeat stay calm

If you see anybody trolling, getting out of control etc on my posts please send me a private massage.

I urge all members to follow these rules so my threads will stay open. I did not come up with these rules. It's the terms of service for the city data forum.

Thanks for your cooperation.
OR WHAT? ... are you thinking of beheading all who disagree with you?

Islam is just another subject for discussion on these forums, and is entitled to no more or less respect than any other belief system. If I call myself a tree-worshipping pagan, I am still entitled to equal respect.

It goes both ways - so don't try to convince us you in any way deserve special treatment. Debate will not be stifled with veiled threats. And I'll stay calm as long as you remember that, my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,295 times
I agree and it's angers me when someone tells me that Christians and Muslims belive in the same god. Now that to me is Blasphemy.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:03 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,627,865 times
A relegion that is male dominated has to have faults.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:32 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmet Reha View Post
I want to take your notice this verse:

[60.8] Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice. ( The Examined One )

the link: The Koran

I really wonder next comments about this from anyone
brief and perfect

Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 AM

218 posts, read 275,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
brief and perfect
In Islam I was informed that they never are assured entrance into paradise as they call it even if they die as a result of holy war or an event like 911. They never know they will make it. It is all based on works no assurance of eternal life unlike christianity it is a faith walk by God's grace you can do no more or no less than your fellow neighbor to assure entrance into heaven but only by living and believing on Christ.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmet Reha View Post
I want to take your notice this verse:

[60.8] Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice. ( The Examined One )

the link: The Koran

I really wonder next comments about this from anyone
This is typical deceitful language in support of jihad . . . which Allah endorses and requires. As long as Israel exists . . . it is occupying Arab lands and is "at war" with Allah . . . as are ALL who support them. They are NOT innocents in the eyes of Muslims . . . all their claims that Allah requires they be treated justly only applies to innocents . . . so we and they are fair game. Jihad requires at least one attack against those "at war" with Allah each year.

To deceive the infidel is a command from Allah . . . if it achieves the goals of jihad. Every lie to infidels is a credit toward good works . . . and the jihad (terrorist) efforts of one Muslim are credited to all who quietly support them. THAT is the religion of peace.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:18 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightinsky View Post
In Islam I was informed that they never are assured entrance into paradise as they call it even if they die as a result of holy war or an event like 911. They never know they will make it. It is all based on works no assurance of eternal life unlike christianity it is a faith walk by God's grace you can do no more or no less than your fellow neighbor to assure entrance into heaven but only by living and believing on Christ.
your comparison is fair enough

Old 10-27-2009, 02:26 PM

218 posts, read 275,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
your comparison is fair enough
Thanks!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 PM

191 posts, read 214,671 times
John 15 I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener..He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit he prunes so that it will be more be fruitful..Remain in me and i will remain in you...

Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 PM

191 posts, read 214,671 times
Isaiah 44:6,7The LORD not Idols
This is what the Lord says Israel's King and Redeemer the Lord Almighty I am the first and the last apart from me there is no God..Who then is like me ? Let him proclaim it.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I am the Lord and apart from me there is no savior 12v I have revealed and saved and proclaimed, I and not some foreign god among you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is typical deceitful language in support of jihad . . . which Allah endorses and requires. As long as Israel exists . . . it is occupying Arab lands and is "at war" with Allah . . . as are ALL who support them. They are NOT innocents in the eyes of Muslims . . . all their claims that Allah requires they be treated justly only applies to innocents . . . so we and they are fair game. Jihad requires at least one attack against those "at war" with Allah each year.

To deceive the infidel is a command from Allah . . . if it achieves the goals of jihad. Every lie to infidels is a credit toward good works . . . and the jihad (terrorist) efforts of one Muslim are credited to all who quietly support them. THAT is the religion of peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or