U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Islam a religion of Peace?
Always 4 11.76%
Never 15 44.12%
Sometimes 10 29.41%
Most of the time 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:52 PM

191 posts, read 214,758 times

Advertisements

John 3:16,17 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son and whosoever believeth in him will not perish but will have eternal life 17v For did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him, and whoever does not believe in him is condemn already because he had not believe in the name of God's one and only Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
OR WHAT? ... are you thinking of beheading all who disagree with you?

Islam is just another subject for discussion on these forums, and is entitled to no more or less respect than any other belief system. If I call myself a tree-worshipping pagan, I am still entitled to equal respect.

It goes both ways - so don't try to convince us you in any way deserve special treatment. Debate will not be stifled with veiled threats. And I'll stay calm as long as you remember that, my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 10:36 PM

985 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
OR WHAT? ... are you thinking of beheading all who disagree with you?

Islam is just another subject for discussion on these forums, and is entitled to no more or less respect than any other belief system. If I call myself a tree-worshipping pagan, I am still entitled to equal respect.

It goes both ways - so don't try to convince us you in any way deserve special treatment. Debate will not be stifled with veiled threats. And I'll stay calm as long as you remember that, my friend.
I think you read to much into that. He wasn't asking for "special treatment," he was asking that people stay within the TOS so the thread won't get locked, like so many threads in this forum.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:41 PM

227 posts, read 303,140 times
I need to some one to count the christians that killed by the (assassins) Muslims at 9/11 ...and the Muslims that killed by the christains (assassins west) in Iraq from 1991 until now .... when you count you will discover which religion is for PEACE and which religion IS for killing and occupation and steal oil
I guess that the christians would never stop killing us until they reach the number of 20,010,911 muslims

Old 10-28-2009, 03:30 PM

30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
I need to some one to count the christians that killed by the (assassins) Muslims at 9/11 ...and the Muslims that killed by the christains (assassins west) in Iraq from 1991 until now .... when you count you will discover which religion is for PEACE and which religion IS for killing and occupation and steal oil
I guess that the christians would never stop killing us until they reach the number of 20,010,911 muslims
Why do you insist on trotting out that old lie again? By far most of these deaths are Muslims killing Muslims....We see it daily...95 killed by car bomb at mosque....121 killed by suicide bomber in Karbal....It never ends.

How on earth you can say Islam is a religion for peace is beyond me. Perhaps when you Muslims succeed in totally wiping each other out, then there will be peace, No more Muslims, but peace at last.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,620,253 times
Quote:
I think the problem is both Christians and Muslims are killing. When you wake up and recognize the only way to have peace is to stop fighting than we can talk about who is the most violent. Right now I think you both lose.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:01 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,637,223 times
Quote:
Insan this is rediculous, America is not a Christian nation under anything close to Sharia Law. Most Christians in America are just nominal - cultural and in name not practice. The war in Iraq was not predicated on establishing Christianity like the war Isalm has with the west in wanting to establish Isalm and Sharia Law. This is just Muslim propoganda.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:28 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,732,802 times
This site keeps track of a lot of islamic terror attacks.

The religion of peace
(and a big stack of dead bodies)

For the OP, I would say.. No.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:08 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,571,193 times
I've read the Koran and find it more a religion of peace than the King James Bible
(no I'm not Muslim)

Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,732,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
I've read the Koran and find it more a religion of peace than the King James Bible
(no I'm not Muslim)
I have read both too... I have to agree with you, but there is a big difference. The huge majority of people who read the bible don't follow it with the same passion that a lot of muslim do with the quran.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:42 AM

227 posts, read 303,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why do you insist on trotting out that old lie again? By far most of these deaths are Muslims killing Muslims....We see it daily...95 killed by car bomb at mosque....121 killed by suicide bomber in Karbal....It never ends.

How on earth you can say Islam is a religion for peace is beyond me. Perhaps when you Muslims succeed in totally wiping each other out, then there will be peace, No more Muslims, but peace at last.
I lie !!!! .... you want to told me that the soldier of USA went to Iraq to visit the muses !!! or went to make a torriste visit !!! ...the planes and missiles and bombs did not killed any innocent ....you the liar ... and you pretend that you are innocent ....you are the real killers ..... (I know that the muslims killed the muslims but it's because of you ) in the past Iraq was not the terror in Iraq (the terrorism appearnce when the USA occupted Iraq )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or