U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Islam a religion of Peace?
Always 4 11.76%
Never 15 44.12%
Sometimes 10 29.41%
Most of the time 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:54 AM

30,939 posts, read 31,833,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
you want to make the USA army (army of Angels ) ....they went to Iraq to make holyday torriste !!!! .... you want to say your missiles and planes take the followers to Iraq .... you creat the terrorism in Iraq and make the Muslims killing Muslims there ....
also the christians also killed each other in the past ...Catholic vs protistant
you focus to destroy the islam Image .... and clean your crimes ...you forget scandal of Abu Ghraib ? Gwantanamo until now and the unseen are more ....etc
I want to tell you that this war never end until the occupation end and the killing the inncents (what ever the killer) end also
My missiles, my planes?....I am Canadian, but regardless of that nobody is forcing Muslims to commit acts of terror, especially against fellow Muslims. By defending or attempting to shift the blame for these atrocities, you put yourself squarely on the side of these butchers. Is that what you want?

You are correct that Christians in the long ago past have done their share, but so has Islam. The difference is that Christianity has moved on and no longer do such things, whereas Islam is still stuck in the dark age and revenge oriented mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,498,875 times
I think it depend on the Muslim that is practicing it. I have a friend that is Muslim and He is peaceful and loving. So, I don't associate Him with terrorist. But if you turn that around and meet Muslims that believe in blowing themselves up, well that is a different story.

I don't believe in the religion of Islam, but I do know the difference in someone who is peaceful and someone who is not. I love my friend dearly and I am Christian. He is nothing like the ones who kill in the name of allah.

There where times that I forgot that He was even Muslim because He is very humble and friendly.

So, it depends on the Muslim that is practicing Islam if they are peaceful or not.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:35 PM

57 posts, read 122,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
my missiles, my planes?....i am canadian, but regardless of that nobody is forcing muslims to commit acts of terror, especially against fellow muslims. By defending or attempting to shift the blame for these atrocities, you put yourself squarely on the side of these butchers. Is that what you want?

You are correct that christians in the long ago past have done their share, but so has islam. The difference is that christianity has moved on and no longer do such things, whereas islam is still stuck in the dark age and revenge oriented mentality.
+1

Yes, there are knuckleheads within Christianity.

Our religion though, does not guarantee paradise with 72 virgins for someone that dies in the act of terrorism.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I think it depend on the Muslim that is practicing it. I have a friend that is Muslim and He is peaceful and loving. So, I don't associate Him with terrorist. But if you turn that around and meet Muslims that believe in blowing themselves up, well that is a different story.

I don't believe in the religion of Islam, but I do know the difference in someone who is peaceful and someone who is not. I love my friend dearly and I am Christian. He is nothing like the ones who kill in the name of allah.

There where times that I forgot that He was even Muslim because He is very humble and friendly.

So, it depends on the Muslim that is practicing Islam if they are peaceful or not.

I agree, but I did not say that all Muslims are terrorists, but there is something wrong with a religion that has killed 11 million of their own since 1948....I have no idea how many they have killed that were not of the Islamic faith, but I'm sure those numbers are also high.

As far as I'm concerned these things are not only indefensible, but should be severely condemned.

Today's news...
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A bicycle loaded with explosives killed five people and wounded 37 at a market in Mussayab, south of Baghdad, on Sunday and a bomb on a bus killed at least three more further south in Kerbala, police and health officials said. Bicycle and bus bombs kill 8 in Iraq | International | Reuters

Last week's news...
Oct. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Twin suicide car bombs in Baghdad targeting government buildings killed at least 155 people.
Baghdad Bombings Kill More Than 150, Raise Vote Fears (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

In an illuminating collection of essays entitled Islam's Predicament: Perspectives of a Dissident Muslim, he maintains Islam is afflicted with "a terrible malady," which "reflects the irreparable breakdown of the civilization's centre . . . which at one time in history was co-equal, if not briefly superior, to Christendom."
Multiculturalists diminish 'rough beast' ravaging Islam | Rory Leishman | Columnists | Comment | London Free Press

Old 11-02-2009, 04:39 AM

227 posts, read 303,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
My missiles, my planes?....I am Canadian, but regardless of that nobody is forcing Muslims to commit acts of terror, especially against fellow Muslims. By defending or attempting to shift the blame for these atrocities, you put yourself squarely on the side of these butchers. Is that what you want?

You are correct that Christians in the long ago past have done their share, but so has Islam. The difference is that Christianity has moved on and no longer do such things, whereas Islam is still stuck in the dark age and revenge oriented mentality.
the different between you and I .... I deny the killing of the innocent (any religion ) and but you don't deny the crimes which done by the christians and the jews .... and you don't deny the occupation of land of the muslims .... in the past most the muslims nations .... now palestine and Iraq and afghanistan ...in the futur Iran and my be syria
You creat the terrorism by your crimes (in the past and now ) this reality you deny it

Last edited by insan777; 11-02-2009 at 04:47 AM..

Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
the different between you and I .... I deny the killing of the innocent (any religion ) and but you don't deny the crimes which done by the christians and the jews .... and you don't deny the occupation of land of the muslims .... in the past most the muslims nations .... now palestine and Iraq and afghanistan ...in the futur Iran and my be syria
You creat the terrorism by your crimes (in the past and now ) this reality you deny it
You deny that Muslims have killed 11 million of their own? Exactly what crimes committed by Christians and Jews are you talking about? Do you mean that Israel won't just sit back and take it when Palestine sends rockets and suicide bombers into Israel?

Did you know that what you call the land of the Muslims was previously occupied by Christians? All of it. In the 1st century BC, the expanding Roman Republic absorbed the whole Eastern Mediterranean area. As the Christian religion spread throughout the Empire it took root in the Middle East and cities such as Alexandria became important centers of Christian scholarship. By the 5th century, Roman Christianity was the dominant religion in the Middle East.

Islam hadn't even been invented yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or