U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:49 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,589,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
They asked him about the menstruation and the answer came from allah

And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.
Yo, I can appreciate this post now.

Anything about menstrual cycles works me up

Long live menstrual cycles.

Any info on PMS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 03:57 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,189,430 times
Quote:
They asked him about the menstruation and the answer came from allah

And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.
No surprise, backward religion started by backward man preaches backward information regarding women, the source of their greatest fears and misconceptions.

Long live ignorance.

Would it REALLY hurt the world's weirdest faiths to wake the heck up and join the 21st century? Really?

Old 02-28-2010, 07:07 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,071,331 times
Is Allah near or far? allah is a legend in your own mind..

Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,354,778 times
Default The offence of the cross.

Allah is every bit as real as the god of Roman Catholics.

Sorry, gods of Roman Catholics.

And for the same reason.

Pope Kisses Koran

Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
No surprise, backward religion started by backward man preaches backward information regarding women, the source of their greatest fears and misconceptions.

Long live ignorance.

Would it REALLY hurt the world's weirdest faiths to wake the heck up and join the 21st century? Really?

I am sure you are misunderstanding the interpretation of the verse.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,354,778 times
Quote:
I am sure you are misunderstanding the interpretation of the verse.
To any with a knowledge of the Old Testament/Tanakh, this passage looks very much like a re-write of a Levitical code, which in the 7th century still aplied to Jews, but not to Christians. It could be said to have the double function of giving a semblance of authentic faith, while being in contradiction of the teaching of justification by faith- and no other function at all.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,918,137 times
If god/allah/krishna is omnipresent, why would words like "near" or "far" even apply?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 PM

595 posts, read 740,547 times
Default IS allah near or far

Contingent on who Allah is makes this question difficult by way of definition. Firstly, the pagan component must be eliminated from
the equation (this is not so simple) as many Muslims unknowingly and unwittingly praise the moon God allah via their traditional diety
worship. They share nearly the same pagan worship that we see in Catholicism wherby mediators have been worshipped for centuries
ie,saints,Mary (mother of Jesus) and indulgences etc. Anyway,as a christian I focus on Allah as Arabic for God. We christians believe in the God of Abraham. One God with three distinct manifestations (some say roles played out for our understanding and salvation) The bottomline is that it is a mystery to "man" how God remains one yet has a plurality. I persanally have never had issues with this and find it well within Gods makeup or ability.
Allah then is both near and far omnipresent yet we relate to heaven as a distance of sorts. His spirit dewells within us (one of the three
manifestations some religion say persons. Jesus is the ONLY mediator to God. For those who don't get that Jesus Christ is the only way to God. No intercessory prayers to anyone, anything; any nice dead person or monument!! We tend to drive Muslims nuts with all our religious terms which take them way off track and
religion then has little credibility with all its foolish non biblical garbage. Religion for all it's good smells of widespread doctrinal error and
silly practices. A direct relationship with God and His word is the course to follow all else is moot.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:47 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
Say: O My slaves who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgiveth all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,189,430 times
Quote:
Say: O My slaves who have been prodigal to their own hurt! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, Who forgiveth all sins. Lo! He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
Slaves. Well, that definitely puts Islam on my "Never In a Million Years Will I Convert" list.

Allah can kiss my [censored].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam