Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:35 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post

Face it, please--many fundamentalist faiths completely freak out over the thought of menstruation, which is a NORMAL PHYSIOLOGICAL STATE. Nothing weird, nothing creepy, nothing 'unclean'.

I've never met a man who thought otherwise, and if I did, they'd get an earfull from me.
And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.

the interpretation of the verse is

It is forbidden and detrimental and noxious and unhealthy for the husband to have intercourse with his wife in her vagina when she is menstruating, but he may be intimate with her everywhere else and it is forbidden for the husband to have intercourse with his wife in her anal all the times.

Quote:
Again, a reminder...this thread is discussing Allah. Do you believe Allah to be near or far...and why?
And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.

the interpretation of the verse is

It is forbidden and detrimental and noxious and unhealthy for the husband to have intercourse with his wife in her vagina when she is menstruating, but he may be intimate with her everywhere else and it is forbidden for the husband to have intercourse with his wife in her anal all the times.
In most non-Third-world countries, it is common knowledge that there are absolutely NO contraindications to either the man nor the woman engaging in sexual intercourse during her menses.

More often than not, sex is also safe during pregnancy. High-risk pregnancies, not so much.

Those that do think so are highly misinformed and are acting upon baseless superstitions and ignorance.

If you'd care to share what possible and horrific results can occur from sex during menstruation, I'd love to hear it. Facts, please.

Anal sex...wow, well all I can say is it should be entirely up to both parties if they wish to engage in that practice, as with all sexual practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.
Thank you for your answer.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 PM

169 posts, read 353,734 times
Quote:
No, I won't read your link...last one I went to spread a virus on my computer.

there is no virus into at all try do open it

This link explains a lot

The status of women during menstruation?

Good grief. SOME women are more emotional than at other times...big deal. SOME women are more tired...SOME women like to eat more chocolate...

This means that the psychological and physical status are different from the status without menstruation ..Most of the women are in the situation of different ...( For that I say then open the link to see the position of being a medical)

Face it, please--many fundamentalist faiths completely freak out over the thought of menstruation, which is a NORMAL PHYSIOLOGICAL STATE. Nothing weird, nothing creepy, nothing 'unclean'.

OK OK certainly it is "a NORMAL PHYSIOLOGICAL STATE" not weird not unclean but
We intend to that intercourse during menstruation affects to health of women and men together ..and Bring disease for men and women

For that God had prevent sexual intercourse during menstruation

It is not intended that the woman unclean at all

I've never met a man who thought otherwise, and if I did, they'd get an earfull from me.

as I said above

I've also never met a physician who thought otherwise, INCLUDING THE TWO MUSLIM PHYSICIANS I'VE HAD.

Again, a reminder...this thread is discussing Allah. Do you believe Allah to be near or far...and why?

well, as God answered himself that I believe by it

allah said.. " And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright". (186) Quran

that is allah ...

I really sense that God very near of me as muslim ...

When I pray When asked God at my Crises .. concern ..any muslim have tried that in his/her life

My question: why do you think there still exist such demeaning religious views about women in fundamentalist faiths (of which Islam is but one)?

In general, Islam did not degrade to women

me agree with you that there still demeaning to women not just religious but it becam everywhere ..

Before Islam there was a contempt for women and Islam came and liberated ..

maybe you say that there muslims Or islamic's country still demeaning to women then I tell you that it Due to misunderstanding of the Islamic texts and teachings Or Just break the laws and commands of God anyway not all human is good who We find that we accountants by allah Because there are obedient and disobedient ...

thanks

jmoool

Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool
there is no virus into at all try do open it

This link explains a lot

Sorry, I simply do not trust my PC to another virus attack. Last time I had to remove 5 trojans.

This means that the psychological and physical status are different from the status without menstruation ..Most of the women are in the situation of different ...( For that I say then open the link to see the position of being a medical)

No, they're not. And I AM in the medical field. There exists not one Islamic text that will ever trump true medical science.

OK OK certainly it is "a NORMAL PHYSIOLOGICAL STATE" not weird not unclean but
We intend to that intercourse during menstruation affects to health of women and men together ..and Bring disease for men and women

In 10 years, working for over 25 hospitals in 9 states, I have never come across an adverse effect or disease being transmitted that was SOLELY due to menstruation. And here you go again about diseases being somehow due to women...this menstruation thing is just another Islamic argument that means to imply something 'unclean' about female sexuality.

It is not intended that the woman unclean at all

I'm sorry, but you have not successfully defended your statement. Menses=Normal. Sex=Normal, even during menstruation. Those are facts, whether you would care to join me in reality or not.

well, as God answered himself that I believe by it

allah said.. " And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright". (186) Quran

that is allah ...

I really sense that God very near of me as muslim ...

When I pray When asked God at my Crises .. concern ..any muslim have tried that in his/her life

Thank you for your response. It's nice to hear an honest reply that doesn't consist of just scripture. I am glad that you feel comfort in your belief, I truly do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
In general, Islam did not degrade to women

There are many women, some of whom are still Muslim, who strongly disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post

me agree with you that there still demeaning to women not just religious but it becam everywhere ..

Before Islam there was a contempt for women and Islam came and liberated ..

maybe you say that there muslims Or islamic's country still demeaning to women then I tell you that it Due to misunderstanding of the Islamic texts and teachings Or Just break the laws and commands of God anyway not all human is good who We find that we accountants by allah Because there are obedient and disobedient ...

thanks

jmoool

Actually, I was not just speaking of Islam. There are other faiths that definitely do not honor or respect women, and to me that is a tragedy. Male and female are equal, to me, and a society without one would not be functional.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:51 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
.............Male and female are equal, to me..............
this is my opinion, and I am an old guy, but in my mind, when a woman achieves equality with men it means she has lowered herself.............

Old 03-07-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
this is my opinion, and I am an old guy, but in my mind, when a woman achieves equality with men it means she has lowered herself.............
Maybe your interpretation is different than mine?

I don't see either gender as subservient to the other, lesser status than the other, or worthy of lower respect than the other.

If any of those are found out of balance, that is how I interpret INequality.

Inequality has no place in religion in my opinion.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:51 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Quote:
Maybe your interpretation is different than mine?

I don't see either gender as subservient to the other, lesser status than the other, or worthy of lower respect than the other.

If any of those are found out of balance, that is how I interpret INequality.

Inequality has no place in religion in my opinion.
I think she missed what we old-timers would call a backhanded compliment, GP.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I did indeed.

Then again, I hold doors open for men.

I guess my point was that too often it's lopsided, usually with women being second-hand citizens, or boys being raised to feel that their own mothers are beneath them. Islam does not hold the monopology on gender inequality, but it certainly exists despite the protests to the opposite.

I wonder if Allah hears prayers from women at the same volume as the men.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Obviously.........too many men, thinking they were doing a favor, will allow women to hold doors open for them.........but then I guess I am an anachronism.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:05 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior,
comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying:
"Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation?

Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request?
Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam