Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:47 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareefhms View Post
realy, this is a discussion board. but the respect should be there.
(without indictment )
Define "respect".

I can respect the fact that people follow Allah, or Yahweh, or Zeus.

Doesn't mean a) I have to agree, b) I can't express my OPINION, or c) that you have to approve my statement.

All that matters is if it violates the TOS of this site.

That said, since I don't believe in the existence of Allah OR Yahweh, I don't see them as near or far.

To stay on topic, what is your belief? Is Allah near...or far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 PM

18 posts, read 22,415 times
Quote:
Please, Don't say anything bad about Allah (respect my religon)

we r not as u think..

You know well and good that the terrorist do what they do because that is what they believe Allah is commanding them to do. Frankly, when you read the Qur'an, the ahadith, the writings (jurisprudence) of Muslims, and history of how they treated those that they rule over (esp. dhimmis) I would say I am inclined to believe they follow the true way of Allah.

You might not be that person but then again you would not be following the way of Allah in truth according to them.

i'm objecting what did u said
This is called defending not terrorist.
i don't know what do u do if someone killed your mother , brother etc...

The big QUESTION for all
WHERE IS MORE WARS IN THE WORLD???

Answer please.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times
rayneinspain
You say Allah can kiss your arse.Don't ask a priest to kiss your arse they will be knocking down your door to oblige you

Old 03-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
rayneinspain
You say Allah can kiss your arse.Don't ask a priest to kiss your arse they will be knocking down your door to oblige you
Actually, I did not reveal which part of my anatomy was up for a kiss.

Now...can YOU answer the OP's question? Or are you going to continue to veer the thread off-topic?

I think it's a very valid question. Just as with the christian god, there is an awful lot of loud praying going on...does either deity have a hearing problem? If Allah is omnipresent, why does he demand so much adoration?

If we were talking about a human being, I'd say that person had some deep-seated issues with narcissism.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:45 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times
SPAIN
Allah and god are the same.The koran says there is but one god ,Mohammed is his messenger [prophet].If you want to claim jesus as your god thats up to you.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
SPAIN
Allah and god are the same.The koran says there is but one god ,Mohammed is his messenger [prophet].If you want to claim jesus as your god thats up to you.
Still off-topic, I see.

No thank you, I reject Jesus as well. As an agnostic pagan, I believe that if there is any form of deity/higher power, it is found within us all.

Rayne

Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 AM

18 posts, read 22,415 times
Allah is near...

My advice is for all people, they should be read about the right, last religion..because the earliest religions which came from Allah to his messengers were changed and lost many information..
Also, learn more about the messengers especially my prophet (Mohammad).Let me know if there is any question about him , his life ,his faith ,...
Believe me, he is great..

Quote:
Still off-topic, I see
(it is a discussion board)

Old 03-07-2010, 07:22 AM

169 posts, read 353,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Is Allah near or far?

Similar question was asked more than 1400 years ago to the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him by his people

The prophet does not answer from him self but he wait the answer from Allah

Before I tell the answer from Allah I would like to tell you that his people also asked him about many things

They asked him about the soul and the answer came from allah

And they ask you about the soul. Say: The soul is one of the commands of my Lord, and you are not given aught of knowledge but a little.

They asked him about the menstruation and the answer came from allah

And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.

They asked him about the mountains and the answer came from allah

And they ask you about the mountains. Say: My Lord will carry them away from the roots.

And when they asked him about Allah is he near or far and the answer came from allah

And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.

Please notice that Allah changed the style of the verse

Allah did not say as the previous verses And they ask you about

No but he said

And when My servants ask you concerning Me

It shows how much Allah loves his servants and care about them and want to help them

Also notice that Allah did not say the word say but he immediately said

then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me,

may allah bless you

thanks moonsun

Old 03-07-2010, 07:34 AM

169 posts, read 353,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
No surprise, backward religion started by backward man preaches backward information regarding women, the source of their greatest fears and misconceptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post

Long live ignorance.

Would it REALLY hurt the world's weirdest faiths to wake the heck up and join the 21st century? Really?

hi rayneinspain ,

tell me where is backward in this verse NOW ?

All research studies West Medical is a pre-existing in the Koran

how do you said backward religion ?

Modern science has proved all that is in the Koran and saying Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

You yourself know how to be the status of women both physical and psychological during menstruation ..right?

read the interpretation of this verse

http://miraculousquran.blogspot.com/2009/08/surah-al-baqarah-2222-prohibiting.html

Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
You yourself know how to be the status of women both physical and psychological during menstruation ..right?

No, I won't read your link...last one I went to spread a virus on my computer.

The status of women during menstruation?

Good grief. SOME women are more emotional than at other times...big deal. SOME women are more tired...SOME women like to eat more chocolate...

Face it, please--many fundamentalist faiths completely freak out over the thought of menstruation, which is a NORMAL PHYSIOLOGICAL STATE. Nothing weird, nothing creepy, nothing 'unclean'.

I've never met a man who thought otherwise, and if I did, they'd get an earfull from me.

I've also never met a physician who thought otherwise, INCLUDING THE TWO MUSLIM PHYSICIANS I'VE HAD.

Again, a reminder...this thread is discussing Allah. Do you believe Allah to be near or far...and why?

My question: why do you think there still exist such demeaning religious views about women in fundamentalist faiths (of which Islam is but one)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam