U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:05 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,072,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Speaking for myself. I don't prefer Islam to Christianity...I dislike all religions equally because they are all the same. They are all divisive, primitive, dangerous, they take advantage of the weak and then have the cheek to expect immunity from criticism for no other reason than they are someone’s "beliefs".
amen i agree!! but you forgot a waste of money. who pays for all these fancy ostentatiouse places of worship churches, mosques, shrines, temples etc.. the poor sheeples

did god say??>> you must build fancy places to worship me".while the children go hungry..can a religious person please explain this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 07:50 PM

3,281 posts, read 5,794,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Well it must be just coincidence that every time Islam gets 'scrutinised', along comes an off-topic atheist to badmouth Christianity.
They just happen to get scrutinized by over-zealous Christians who don't also question their own beliefs.

It's simply a reminder to also question your own, not taking sides with one or the other - they're both equally silly.

Come on.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,354,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
They just happen to get scrutinized by over-zealous Christians who don't also question their own beliefs.
So what we are really saying is that only reason for the existence of Islam is to oppose Christianity. Those who know much about Islam's history will not find that a surprise. So atheists and Muslims alike cannot but help themselves in loudly protesting their faith in the gospel of Christ, even if they don't like it.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:30 PM

3,281 posts, read 5,794,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
So what we are really saying is that only reason for the existence of Islam is to oppose Christianity. Those who know much about Islam's history will not find that a surprise. So atheists and Muslims alike cannot but help themselves in loudly protesting their faith in the gospel of Christ, even if they don't like it.
First, that doesn't even make sense.

However, no, what I am saying is that there is often times little-to-no self examination on the part of many Christians in the U.S. (Just as there is little-to-no self examination among Muslims.)

Why is it that you want others to form an alliance with you in demonizing another religion when yours is just as deserving? Can I lambaste parts of both without being an apologist or am I only free to criticize religion's not believed by yourself? This isn't a popularity contest and there aren't sides/teams, and more importantly, there are more assuredly no winners.

Please do not continue to tie me into the beliefs of other religions, including that of Islam.

I have no respect or tolerance for many religions, and Islam and Christianity are both quite worthy of abhorration. I dislike them equally and am quite open in saying that neither religion makes any sense at all. To go a step further, both have a history of having a detrimental impact on human progress.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
First, that doesn't even make sense.

However, no, what I am saying is that there is often times little-to-no self examination on the part of many Christians in the U.S. (Just as there is little-to-no self examination among Muslims.)

Why is it that you want others to form an alliance with you in demonizing another religion when yours is just as deserving? Can I lambaste parts of both without being an apologist or am I only free to criticize religion's not believed by yourself? This isn't a popularity contest and there aren't sides/teams, and more importantly, there are more assuredly no winners.

Please do not continue to tie me into the beliefs of other religions, including that of Islam.

I have no respect or tolerance for many religions, and Islam and Christianity are both quite worthy of abhorration. I dislike them equally and am quite open in saying that neither religion makes any sense at all. To go a step further, both have a history of having a detrimental impact on human progress.
Another tedious post to confirm the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Ok, so basically Muslims believe in the same Christian God and the original prophets correct? Ok with that said, then my next question would be why the need for entirely different book (qUARAN), IF U believe in the same God and all. And why start the years over in or around 600ad?
yes that's correct , Muslims believe in the same jesus's God and the original prophets and they believe that original massages be sent by them are the truth from God .

the quran was necessary for many reasons . the first of them is that the prophet mohammed(pbuh) from arabs and logically his massage should to be in arabic language

secondly , we believe that the original massage of previous prophets were partly distorted by men through the time , and the original massage were lost

Quote:
And how can u say Muslims believe in the same God when Christians/Catholics/Jews don't believe that if you die in war, you will automatically go to heaven, thus "suicide bombers".
generally and logically it's possible to find two sects worships the same God while each of them have different openions in some aspects . ( the God is one but creatures sometimes differs about him due to many things : ignorance , culture . misunderstanding , misinforming and brainwashing)

Quote:
I'm just asking b/c it seems to me and most that the religion was cleverly created by borrowing some of the things that people already believed existed and tacking on some new ideals.
we have no problem with islam being have common teaching with previous relegions , because we believe that all of them originally from the same God

Old 03-21-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
secondly , we believe that the original massage of previous prophets were partly distorted by men through the time , and the original massage were lost
But there is no evidence for that loss, and anyone who didn't like the Bible, and of course no book has ever been half as controversial, could say that very cheaply indeed.

And besides, it's a fatal criticism for Muslims to make. The whole Qur'an was lost- and that after having been carefully dictated, allegedly, by a senior angel; yet carelessly dictated, to just one person, which Muslims never seem to notice. So just who is supposed to believe that the Qur'an is of anything more that human origin? Or that, if it actually was dictated by an angel, rather than just came out of the imagination of a man, it was not an angel of the dark sort who passed on this book?

The Bible has the presence of the Jews to validate it (and of course there are still Muslims today who maintain the Islamic tradition of attempting to exterminate them).The Bible has many authors, most of whom could hardly have colluded. But the Qur'an I could have written myself as an exercise for junior pupils to demonstrate religion invention. It has all the genuine validity of the Book of Mormon or a pulp paperback novel. That's the sober truth.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 AM

200 posts, read 266,985 times
Lets think about angels for a minute.

1. They were made by God.
2. They were created by a special act of God
3. They cannot die.
4. They are spiritual beings.
5. They posses seperate and individual personalities.
6. There are two distinct kinds, faithfull and fallen.
7. They are smarter, stronger,and faster than man.

Evil angels can appear as good. Since a fallen angel can appear as an angel of light,and he is very intellegent, one angel pronouncing doctrine would (to me) be suspect. It would be easy to be decieved.

For example:
If I went to a "spritual guide" and he told me something that only me and my dead mother knew, I would be tempted to think that he was in contact with the "spiritual world". But...if...satan had assigned an evil angel (demon) to me at my birth the "spiritual guide" could be in touch with the demon, and I would think that this "spiritual guide had "powers".

How could I trust a doctrine (religion) that was written by someone who was in contact with one angel? The angel could be a fallen angel (I can't test him) and the God could be satan. He does want to be worshiped as God after all.
I don't want to offend Muslims but this is my view.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM

169 posts, read 315,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
If the Muslim religion started somewhere in the early 600's AD, my question always has been, what was God Allah doing the rest of the time that the earth had been around?

It just never made a lot fo sense to me how a religion started so late caught on thats all.

God is great above our described...our concept....our inform....our capacity...

God (allah) has no beginning...

It is the first ..old ...never has a beginning and end....

allah the old is not for his beginning the beginning....

allah Which is not to his last end ...

He is God, which is subject everything in heaven and earth to his greatness ...his Majesty ...

After all, where Atheist on this ? What a loss!!!

read more

Islam Question and Answer - The creation of man

praise be to allah (oness)

jmooool

Old 03-21-2010, 11:52 AM

1,993 posts, read 2,590,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
God is great above our described...our concept....our inform....our capacity...

God (allah) has no beginning...

It is the first ..old ...never has a beginning and end....

allah the old is not for his beginning the beginning....

allah Which is not to his last end ...

He is God, which is subject everything in heaven and earth to his greatness ...his Majesty ...

After all, where Atheist on this ? What a loss!!!

read more

Islam Question and Answer - The creation of man

praise be to allah (oness)

jmooool
Well this is the kind of gibberish i was looking to avoid in this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam