U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:53 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,354,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
God is great above our described...our concept....our inform....our capacity...

God (allah) has no beginning...

It is the first ..old ...never has a beginning and end....

allah the old is not for his beginning the beginning....

allah Which is not to his last end ...

He is God, which is subject everything in heaven and earth to his greatness ...his Majesty ...
Is that from the Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 11:57 AM

1,981 posts, read 2,585,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
But there is no evidence for that loss, and anyone who didn't like the Bible, and of course no book has ever been half as controversial, could say that very cheaply indeed.

And besides, it's a fatal criticism for Muslims to make. The whole Qur'an was lost- and that after having been carefully dictated, allegedly, by a senior angel; yet carelessly dictated, to just one person, which Muslims never seem to notice. So just who is supposed to believe that the Qur'an is of anything more that human origin? Or that, if it actually was dictated by an angel, rather than just came out of the imagination of a man, it was not an angel of the dark sort who passed on this book?

The Bible has the presence of the Jews to validate it (and of course there are still Muslims today who maintain the Islamic tradition of attempting to exterminate them).The Bible has many authors, most of whom could hardly have colluded. But the Qur'an I could have written myself as an exercise for junior pupils to demonstrate religion invention. It has all the genuine validity of the Book of Mormon or a pulp paperback novel. That's the sober truth.
This was another point, do Muslims ever stop and think "hmmm, its kind of odd that this book was written by a a single man". That alone would make me a lil bit fishy. Why place your entire faith in the writings ona s single person? Thats as bad as scientoligist believeing in everything that is is L.Ron Hubbard!

Remember the Greeks all once thought that the Gods hung out on Mt Olypmus, probably until somebody actually went up there one day

Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,354,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
This was another point, do Muslims ever stop and think "hmmm, its kind of odd that this book was written by a a single man".
And that the OT and NT that are also claimed as sources of revelation never support any distinctive Islamic teaching! It's as though they are from a completely different deity. If one asks Muslims which parts of the Bible they actually agree with, it's hardly anything.

Quote:
That alone would make me a lil bit fishy. Why place your entire faith in the writings ona s single person? Thats as bad as scientoligist believeing in everything that is is L.Ron Hubbard!

Remember the Greeks all once thought that the Gods hung out on Mt Olypmus, probably until somebody actually went up there one day
Good points.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:40 PM

16 posts, read 34,259 times
Quote:
This was another point, do Muslims ever stop and think "hmmm, its kind of odd that this book was written by a a single man". That alone would make me a lil bit fishy. Why place your entire faith in the writings ona s single person?
Muhammad was just a messenger, he didnt write anything.

I think you need to research about Islam first before you make a post.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:56 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,634 times
Quote:
This was another point, do Muslims ever stop and think "hmmm, its kind of odd that this book was written by a a single man". That alone would make me a lil bit fishy. Why place your entire faith in the writings ona s single person? Thats as bad as scientoligist believeing in everything that is is L.Ron Hubbard!

wait a second , i will stop and think " hmmmm"

should God send group of prophets in the same time for the same people , and each prophet of them should have his own book ?

Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 PM

1,981 posts, read 2,585,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactolv View Post
Muhammad was just a messenger, he didnt write anything.

I think you need to research about Islam first before you make a post.
Ok, a messenger, the "SOLE" messenger for the word that entire group of people now follow. Doesnt that word SOLE bother you

-Hear me out: is it reasonable to assume that Muhammed created Islam to raise an army and once the war was Won, BOOM, his writings must be correct b/c god Allah won the war for muslims?
-Do u feel that it was unreasonable to throw in stipulations such as praying 5 times a day, and do you honestly believe all Muslims are correctly facing Mecca while doing this?
-And if the QUaran is Islam in general takes much from the Christianity as Im hearing, then why not just pray up to heaven instead of to a city?
WHy make women wear a robe in 100+ degree weather?

I understand if one's parents rraised them a certain way but for god's sake I just ask all that once u get a lil older to actually look at the facts and make decisions for urself.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 AM

241 posts, read 432,521 times
I'm gona explain it
Allah says in the Quran " (The Lord God who created the heavens and the earth in six days and then mounted the Throne Day Night blurring actively requested by the sun and the moon and the stars are subjected ordering him not to the creation and commandment Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the Worlds (54)) norms</SPAN>
so he can create the all world in just a second but he created the world in 6 days to show human how to reach their goals step by step in organized way.</SPAN>

Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
If the Muslim religion started somewhere in the early 600's AD, my question always has been, what was God Allah doing the rest of the time that the earth had been around?

It just never made a lot fo sense to me how a religion started so late caught on thats all.
If you have more Question about Islam
feel free to ask

Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Honestly, Im not one to believe everything I read, to include scientific tales of how old the world is. How in the heck can they tell the difference between something being 10,000 years old and 100,000 years old? Is there a different flavor?

Anyway, back to my original comment, the Christian bible might not be spot on in everyway, but at least it gives some sort of explanation for creation and is not the random tale of a man who went into a cave, had a vision and wrote a whole book all by himself introducing ideas such as praying to a Johnny Come Lately God, praying towards a rock 5 times a day, and by the way, don't eat pork,lol Hilarious

visit an honest doctor and ask him about the disadvantages of
Pork ...ok
and look at the vedio if you dont believe that try it at home
and look at the results...

YouTube - Why Pork Haram

Old 03-22-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Because the human population then was tiny, spread out, and without much language, as far as we know. Jesus came to a world that was 'just right' for his message.

Which is why there are a thousand threads about him, and supposed atheists defending the religion of Muhammad, who lied about him.
What ?!!
you even dont know our commandment's of Islam .. The staff and assets agreed upon by all laws, and I got by all the books, namely:

1. Faith in God. > he's the only god
2. Belief in angels.
3. Faith books. > all he's book's including the bible
4. Belief in the Messengers. > all of them including Jesus
5. Belief in the Last Day. > the day of Judgment
6. Faith as good and evil.

got it !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam