U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:46 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,337,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
If you have more Question about Islam
feel free to ask
Not a lot of point in asking more questions when you haven't answered the questions that have already been asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,353,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
allah revealed for muhammed

Muhammad invented Allah. Allah was just another idol, like Baal or Zeus.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:57 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,582,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
This book called the (Qur'an) it is by allah (( Words of God revealed to the

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him))

you/we sould place your/our entire faith in Words of God which they

revealed for single person that he (Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him)

God chose him for the message of Islam to the whole world NOT ours only

it is yours /Of the Jew a ..Christian for all mankind

For that Islam is the road to paradise
Is it me, or are the Muslim repspondents on this thread A) doing their best not to directly answer the questions put forth for fear of the actual answer. Its seems like every answer I look for comes back in riddlles
Muslims keep saying that the QUaran speaks of the same people from the bible so if thats the case "WHY START A NEW RELIGION IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE WRITINGS OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE?"

My other questions to Muslims was doesnt it bother you that the whole Quaran is based on the writings of a single man many years after man had existed? Thats gotta bother u at least a bit.
Or why the need to pray 5 x a day;face mecca instead of looking to the heavens and do u thinks its right to make women wera robes in super hot weather?
Now please answer these questions normally without quoting a book. Answer from ur heart.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 PM

16 posts, read 34,245 times
The bible, how many versions of the bible are out there? Really...how many?

So how can i be sure that its really god's word in the bible?

And do you think jesus is really a white tall guy with blue eyes?

LMFAO

Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,185,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactolv View Post

And do you think jesus is really a white tall guy with blue eyes?

LMFAO
Nine posts and still nothing of substance, only deflection and derision.

Can't you answer anything directly?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Is it me, or are the Muslim repspondents on this thread A) doing their best not to directly answer the questions put forth for fear of the actual answer. Its seems like every answer I look for comes back in riddlles
Muslims keep saying that the QUaran speaks of the same people from the bible so if thats the case "WHY START A NEW RELIGION IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE WRITINGS OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE?"

My other questions to Muslims was doesnt it bother you that the whole Quaran is based on the writings of a single man many years after man had existed? Thats gotta bother u at least a bit.
Or why the need to pray 5 x a day;face mecca instead of looking to the heavens and do u thinks its right to make women wera robes in super hot weather?
Now please answer these questions normally without quoting a book. Answer from ur heart.
i allready answered the questions in post 36 &45 , but not comments feedback to me

Why place your entire faith in the writings on a single person?
because that single person is the one we believe he is prophet

should God send group of prophets in the same time for the same people , and each prophet of them should have his own book ?

"WHY START A NEW RELIGION IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE WRITINGS OF THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE?"
the quran was necessary for many reasons . the first of them is that the prophet mohammed(pbuh) from arabs and logically his massage should to be in arabic language

secondly , we believe that the original massage of previous prophets were partly distorted by men through the time , and the original massage were lost
we believe that christian bible isn't the one was revealed to jesus , but it's historian records about his life and his teaching , these records may be accurate and may be not , may be correct and may be false . after all it was written according to views of personals ( john , mathew , .... etc) not even according to jesus himself .

if you are happy that you have many books recorded jesus's life and teachings which you basing your beliefs with , then the records we have about mohammed's life are most accurate and in most details . and they are many

the difference is that , we have quran (which we believe to be words of God)
we have ahadeeth ( which we believe to be words of mohammed (pbuh) )
then , as you have bible we have many books be written by many persons which talking about mohammed and his teaching)

why the need to pray 5 x a day ; face mecca instead of looking to the heavens ?
we pray 5 times a day because our God wants from us that
and may be we not looking to heavin during salaht so that our necks will not hurted

do u thinks its right to make women wear robes in super hot weather?
may be she can wear robes made of suitable material in the case of super hot weather

Old 03-23-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactolv View Post
Just one, in practice. There are variant readings of Hebrew and Greek, but as far as Muslims are concerned, they make no difference to anything.

Quote:
How can anyone be sure that it is really God's word in the Qur'an?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:35 AM

227 posts, read 303,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
If the Muslim religion started somewhere in the early 600's AD, my question always has been, what was God Allah doing the rest of the time that the earth had been around?

It just never made a lot fo sense to me how a religion started so late caught on thats all.
1- first God/Allah religion did not start at 600 AD as you know .... God sent many Prophets most of them to the jews ... ( I want you to ask your self why many not only one !!! ) it's not for glory (prefered human kind) -

then God sent Prophet Muhammad to all the human .... to carry his orders to all the world and to correct the image of God to world .... that modified by the jews and the christains ( God is 3 ) + (isreal fought God and won him )
God told us in the Holy Coran that He is strong , and He is the only GOD

Last edited by insan777; 03-23-2010 at 09:45 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
1- first God/Allah religion did not start at 600 AD as you know
But for 600 years people had believed that Jesus died on the cross. Why did Allah wait so long before correcting them, and then told only one obscure man, far away?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:38 PM

217 posts, read 611,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Where do they say that Jesus was created by his father in heaven?

Very true!

Where do the Prophets say that Jesus was created by his father in heaven?
jesus is the messiah that is spoken of in isaiah, the one who was created through immaculate conception, jesus himself bares witness to this..he says in the gospels himself, to worship the one who created him...he is the messiah that israelites were waiting for, the one that yahweh would bring..although the jews of today dont recognize him as the messiah, we muslims bare witness that jesus (pbuh) is the messiah, who came make some of the things lawful deemed unlawful to the israelites....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam