Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:57 PM

217 posts, read 692,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Who says that?
allah himself..
in the quran...duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you any knowledge reguarding the subject your debating.....

and adam was told to obey his creator, which he fell short of and was punished and then lived the rest of his life in adherance to gods will..he also bears witness that there in one god...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 02:01 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post
allah himself..
in the quran.
What about the other prophets of Islam? Do they corroborate the Qur'an in this matter?

Quote:
and adam was told to obey his creator, which he fell short of and was punished and then lived the rest of his life in adherance to gods will.
How is it known that he lived according to God's will?

Old 03-20-2010, 02:16 PM

217 posts, read 692,809 times
Quote:
What about the other prophets of Islam? Do they corroborate the Qur'an in this matter?

How is it known that he lived according to God's will?
of course they do..the bible its self corroborate everything that is in the quran...ibrahim in the bible, he told his tribal elders that he did not need they're idols, and that they cannot help or harm them...he told them to believe in the one god, and proceeded to do away with all of the tribes idol statues...we call him the first believer, and the quran clearly says we are to follow the same way of life as abraham, to to worship the one he worshipped, which is who the jews call yahweh or elohim, abrahams greeting was shalom in hebrew "peace" or an arabic salaam....the quran also teaches that all people on this earth are decendents from adam, and we are all equal reguardless of skin color, or language..and the most noble amongst humans is the one who lives a life of piety....all the prophets in the bible came to confirm the one before them..the quran was revealed to confirm the scriptures from before those being , torah,psalms,proverbs, the gospels of jesus..the quran confirm that those are true prophets and we are to worship the god they worshipped...no prophet in the bible worshipped jesus, and he himself did not worship himself...and as far as the trinity belief, that truly a pagan belief, that comes from ancient kemet(egypt) that was used to describe the union between the three gods horus, osirus, and isis.....so I bear witness that there is only one god..the god of abraham, the upright one...

Old 03-20-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
of course they do.
Where do they say that Jesus was created by his father in heaven?

Quote:
as far as the trinity belief, that truly a pagan belief
Very true!

Where do the Prophets say that Jesus was created by his father in heaven?

Old 03-20-2010, 02:40 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,582 times
Quote:
the word muslim means one who submits...ones have been submitting to the creator since they were themselves created..we pray to the same god adam did. the term muslim just come from the arabic language in which the quran was reavealed, and allah mean "the one most high" which is basically the same as the hebrew ELOHIM...before 600 ad allah, has sent numerous prophets preaching the same religion of total submission to the "most high" including ibrahim (abraham) nuh (noah), moosa(moses), dawuud(david) solomon, and isa ben maryum( jesus son of mary)....
Ok, so basically Muslims believe in the same Christian God and the original prophets correct? Ok with that said, then my next question would be why the need for entirely different book (qUARAN), IF U believe in the same God and all. And why start the years over in or around 600ad?

And how can u say Muslims believe in the same God when Christians/Catholics/Jews don't believe that if you die in war, you will automatically go to heaven, thus "suicide bombers".

I'm just asking b/c it seems to me and most that the religion was cleverly created by borrowing some of the things that people already believed existed and tacking on some new ideals.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post

I'm just asking b/c it seems to me and most that the religion was cleverly created by borrowing some of the things that people already believed existed and tacking on some new ideals.
Exactly like Christianity did.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Exactly like Christianity did.
Why do atheists prefer Islam to Christianity?

Old 03-20-2010, 04:43 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Why do atheists prefer Islam to Christianity?
Speaking for myself. I don't prefer Islam to Christianity...I dislike all religions equally because they are all the same. They are all divisive, primitive, dangerous, they take advantage of the weak and then have the cheek to expect immunity from criticism for no other reason than they are someone’s "beliefs".

Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Speaking for myself. I don't prefer Islam to Christianity.
Well it must be just coincidence that every time Islam gets 'scrutinised', along comes an off-topic atheist to badmouth Christianity.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:57 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
If the Muslim religion started somewhere in the early 600's AD, my question always has been, what was God Allah doing the rest of the time that the earth had been around?

It just never made a lot fo sense to me how a religion started so late caught on thats all.
I certainly have no idea what "God" was doing up until that time. "He" has approached us more than once, in different places and at different times. I think that it's called covering all of your bases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam