U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:26 PM

1,978 posts, read 2,580,841 times

Advertisements

If the Muslim religion started somewhere in the early 600's AD, my question always has been, what was God Allah doing the rest of the time that the earth had been around?

It just never made a lot fo sense to me how a religion started so late caught on thats all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 10:00 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times
Someone will probably pop in to tell you it was arranged that way. (Why Allah should wait until the 7th century before revealing himself to the masses...another question that can't be answered definitively. But you'll get a lot of opinions based on belief. Wait and see!)

Old 03-19-2010, 10:34 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,781,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
If the Muslim religion started somewhere in the early 600's AD, my question always has been, what was God Allah doing the rest of the time that the earth had been around?

It just never made a lot fo sense to me how a religion started so late caught on thats all.
By the same token, why did God wait until 2,000 years ago to send Jesus Christ to save the world from their sins even though Mitochondrial DNA and fossil evidence indicates that modern humans originated in Africa some 200,000 years ago?

Neither makes a whole lot of sense, does it?

Old 03-19-2010, 10:43 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,054,501 times
nothing like a good fairy tail

Old 03-20-2010, 12:14 AM

1,978 posts, read 2,580,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
By the same token, why did God wait until 2,000 years ago to send Jesus Christ to save the world from their sins even though Mitochondrial DNA and fossil evidence indicates that modern humans originated in Africa some 200,000 years ago?

Neither makes a whole lot of sense, does it?
Honestly, Im not one to believe everything I read, to include scientific tales of how old the world is. How in the heck can they tell the difference between something being 10,000 years old and 100,000 years old? Is there a different flavor?

Anyway, back to my original comment, the Christian bible might not be spot on in everyway, but at least it gives some sort of explanation for creation and is not the random tale of a man who went into a cave, had a vision and wrote a whole book all by himself introducing ideas such as praying to a Johnny Come Lately God, praying towards a rock 5 times a day, and by the way, don't eat pork,lol Hilarious

Old 03-20-2010, 12:39 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,333,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Honestly, Im not one to believe everything I read, to include scientific tales of how old the world is.
Even if you believe that the universe is only 6-10 thousand years old, it still leaves you with the problem of 'where was Yahweh until 3,000 years ago'. The OP question applies to your religion as well as to Muslims.

Quote:
Anyway, back to my original comment, the Christian bible might not be spot on in everyway, but at least it gives some sort of explanation for creation.....
...and what does that prove? I mean, a group of archaeologists could uncover some ancient building and not have the slightest idea of what the building was used for. Then you could come along and say......

'Well, this building is where the magic leprechauns used to come on a Saturday night to make magic soup. Then sick people would come to the building to drink it and it made them well again'.

Now in fact, YOU would have a much better explanation for what the building was used for than the archaeologists had....but your explanation would still be baseless crap.

Quote:
.......... and by the way, don't eat pork,lol Hilarious
No more hilarious than 'Don't eat shellfish' or 'Don't wear clothes made of two different cloths'.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:07 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,353,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Because the human population then was tiny, spread out, and without much language, as far as we know. Jesus came to a world that was 'just right' for his message.

Which is why there are a thousand threads about him, and supposed atheists defending the religion of Muhammad, who lied about him.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Because the human population then was tiny, spread out, and without much language, as far as we know. Jesus came to a world that was 'just right' for his message.
Huh??? A tiny, spread out, largely illiterate population is "just right" for this "message"?? I would have thought that a 6 billion strong, highly educated population brimming with technology and high speed communication would have been more applicable if you want a message to spread. But then, a world full of technology, able to instantly catch and record those 'miracles' would have really exposed the scam eh?

Old 03-20-2010, 02:02 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,353,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Huh??? A tiny, spread out, largely illiterate population is "just right" for this "message"??
Clean your spectacles, calm down, and try again, if you still have a mind to.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Clean your spectacles, calm down, and try again, if you still have a mind to.
OK, I've now cleaned my spectacles, calmed down and now I'm going to try again........

..........Ummmm! Oh yeah! Nightmare!!

But still, you have to admit that a 6 billion strong, highly educated population brimming with technology and high speed communication would have been more applicable if you want a message to spread rather than choosing some desert backwater populated by goatherds that thought the world was flat eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam