U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
 
80 posts, read 134,436 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
And what, exactly, is the significance of a 1.618 ratio? (A ratio between what and what?)
please help me understand this:

How did an unlettered prophet in arabia 1400 years ago include the golden ratio of 1.618 in the Quranic verse of Makka?

How did adam pbuh know at which point on earth to lay the foundations of the kabba?

How did abraham pbuh know centuries after Adam to go back and finish off the building of Kabba with his son Ismeal pbuh?

How did Muhammed pbuh know to make muslims to turn and face the kabba centuries after Abraham and Ismael?

Finally....

How did all of them know that same golden ratio of 1.618 of the creation in MAN and UNIVERSE also is the golden Mean Ratio of planet earth situated in Makkah city. And Kabba is the golden mean ratio of the city of Makka?

How did all of them know that same golden mean ratio of 1.618 that is of the Kabba which within the city of Mekka is excatly the same golden mean ratio of 1.618 of the city of Mekka within the whole planet earth?

If you kindly answer me how?

 
Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301ouncer View Post
If you kindly answer me how?
That's easy! It's called coincidence. And, of course, after the fact, people backtracked and made the coincidence fit their belief system. Voila: it's a miracle!
 
Old 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM
 
80 posts, read 134,436 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Actually, credit for defining the "Golden Ratio" goes to the Ancient Greeks, but it's been part of human psyche for eons. The whole thing describes a porportion that is most pleasing to the human eye. It has something to do with the porportions of the human body, which just look "right" to us.

Unfortunately, such knowledge is practially lost to the modern world, especially when it comes to architecture. Maybe the Muslims DO understand this idea better than Westerners, or at least the importance of it.

Golden ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Actually ALL credit goes to Allah swt, then some goes to Adam, Abraham, Ismeal, Muhammed and all other messengers pbut.
 
Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301ouncer View Post
The case of the mighty Quran.
That's what all of these Islamicist threads boil down to: the Quran validates the Quran. No matter how many times you say it, or how you spin the words, "cases" involving circular logic "prove" nothing.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 02:39 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,734 times
Reputation: 14
hey everyone.. Must say you are all very disrespectful.. its up to each of you whether you want to believe it or not!! entirely up to you..no one can ever force you..

But bare in mind that Muslims believe in all the prophets ( Adam....Moses, Jesus..) but they also believe in Muhammed pbuh as the last prophet! Christians believe in Jesus and the Jews believe in Moses but Muslims believe and respect and love all of them but muhammed pbuh is only the last messenger!!

Say if the Christians were right about following Jesus that means Muslims are too so both to paradise! But say if the Jews were right about Moses that means Jews and Muslims to paradise.. Now say if Muslims were right about Muhammed pbuh that means ONLY muslims will enter paradise!! Thats again if you lot believe in paradise!

So why is everyone making a huge fuss out of nothing just because they cant take the rules the creator has sent down to him... Logic Rules! Interlectual people would first read about the religion before insulting and coming up with really FUNNY things about Muslims!

Terrorist!! Oh man are you having a laugh??.. Go check up on the irish and english nations first!! Manchester Arndale got bombed years back.. but yeah not so important but lets stick to muslims being terrorists.. World Trade Centre.. if you think it was the muslims then you really aint interlectual!!
Killing aint allowed in islam ...

If Muhammed pbuh wasnt a real prophet or whatsoever you guys believe.. then WHY on earth would 1.6 billion people follow him after he died 1400 years ago?? and why do people still converting and the amount is becoming enormously BIG by every year!!

People listening to the media and believing what the media comes out with are not very intelligent! Nowadays everybody knows that the media is trying to make muslims look really bad... If someone wishes to convert to a certain religion then why is the media being so negative?? Wheres the freedom gone??

Anyhow my advice to you is always read and research about a certain thing then come out with whatever you want because you can insult and say whatever you want but it aint hurting no muslim..
you just show that you arent very interlectual and like you already know we are in 2011 where people have easy access to research about certain stuff.

You are wondering why muslims aint allowed to eat pork and drink alcohol.. well they are full of harm!! again go and read about it... very simple..

If you dont believe what is shown in the video above then thats your problem mate!! Muslims respect the Torah, Bible & the Quran! If these facts were mentioned in those holy books then whats so hard about it.. unless you are an atheist and dont believe in the exsisting of Gog then thats different..

But as an atheist its cool if you start thinking about ... the creation of a mobile phone.. it didnt just come and create itself from the different materials that we have on earth.. it was actually someone using his mind and got it together.. so the Universe should somehow has its owner or someone that got it together and created it.. still entirely up to you.. iam not losing anything or anyone aint losing jack if you again dont believe!!

peace out! by the way Islam means peace!
 
Old 02-20-2011, 06:51 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,950,506 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why don't you give it up, or come up with something new...We've seen this stuff over and over again
When it's all they got, they are kinda stuck on the same lame stuff. The only thing that is growing is the desperation to validate what cannot be proven.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,624,444 times
Reputation: 12537
The Golden Ratio and how much it shows up in nature is both fascinating and beautiful.
 
Old 02-20-2011, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Reputation: 5074
My credit card may have roughly the "perfect shape", but my credit card account didn't until recently.

There may be something to this "most pleasing shape" concept, although I have my doubts. However, this is still megaparsecs away from showing the veracity of anything in the Quran.
 
Old 02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
 
4,172 posts, read 5,990,486 times
Reputation: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
show me the original untampered qu'ran written from the 1400s.. you can't dosn't exist.
You just poked a huge huge hole into the ratio theory. I have not seen any answer to it from the OP......
 
Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,368,316 times
Reputation: 3735
And this is somehow "wonderful" because? I'm still asking for a solid reference to lasers in the Q'Ran. Laser,s BTw, don't have any 1.618:1 ratio. Coherent life is it's own thing, And Allah had no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top