U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:10 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Coherent life is it's own thing, And Allah had no idea.
Did you mean to saya "coherent light"? A coherent life is another matter entirely; I'm still working on having that. Sorry, rifleman, it's the old proofreader in me.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:46 AM

360 posts, read 396,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301ouncer View Post
Allah's Sign in Creation

From the small shells spiral in the sea to the 100,000 years lights away the spiral of the galaxies above us use the same blueprint of the designer Allah - the creator.

YouTube - Secret Of Kaaba

Amazing and unbelievable......The 1.618 aspect ratio. A/B = 1.618. Glory be to Allah the perfect designer.

Glory be to you Allah. You are indeed Amazing. Nothing like unto you. The Majistic The Most High. Have pity on me on the day I am only a weak human.

Planet Earth Golden Mean Point is excatly based on the World's Golden Design Ratio. A/B = 1.618 = Makkah.

According to the video presentation:

That Mecca is the golden ratio point of the Earth.
That Kaba is the golden ratio point of the city of Mecca.
That the word 'Mecca' is at the golden ratio point of verse 3.96.

Mecca City is the golden ratio point of the earth using Fabinnaci scale of 1.6180. The Kabah is the golden mean ratio of the city of Mecca. and the word Mecca is at the golden ration point of verse 3.96 Quran. Incedently it the ONLY unique work Mekka was mentioned in the WHOLE of the QURAN of over 2000 pages.

Anyone willing to let me know how this is a concidance?
Why are you saying it's A/B=1.618? Firstly, if it's the golden ratio you should represent it as a ratio; that is, 1:1.618. Secondly, A/B is only half the equation. The full equation is (A+B)/A=A/B, which comes out to (math.sqrt(5)+1)/2.

Please, do try to understand the subject before you post videos about it and stuff. I'm not trying to be rude here, but your post seems to be little less than a copy-paste from an apologetics site.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:38 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,368,316 times
You're right, ditchlights: but perhaps "coherent life" is just what the dedicated Islamist is after.

As to OhioanKid's point:

"Please, do try to understand the subject before you post videos about it and stuff. I'm not trying to be rude here, but your post seems to be little less than a copy-paste from an apologetics site."

...agreed! This is a common flavor of many Muslim posts here, to proselytize about "How Great Allah Art" etc., because the sun comes up every day "Right where Allah said it would! In the East!", or to re-position some oddball fact from one of their reverential sites as yet another quality proof of the Q'Ran's great value.

I wonder if or when they will begin to think for themselves and see this as just parroting the official line. It's time for mature, thinking Muslims to develop some of their intellectual lines of thinking for themselves and come to some creative but soul-searched conclusions on their own!

Late edit: I did a quick look-see on the 'Net (Q: did Mohammed predict the 'Net as well in the Q'Ran? Or perhaps he co-invented it, alongside Al Gore©? ), and found this useful summary of the golden Ratio's properties and value, plus that it was indeed noted first at ≈ 500 BC.

Which was: Long LONG before Mohammed. Yes, he might have picked up on the observations of others far more learned than he, and of course, he in turn preached it to the mathematically illiterate, as some sort of glorious find one imagines. They in turn (as we see here) obediently marveled at his abilities to "suss out" stuff...

Like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

The appropriate evaluation of this naturally occurring ratio, from a truly great early mind, Euclid, was, of course, more true to the point:

""It was not until Euclid, however, that the golden ratio's mathematical properties were studied. In the Elements (308 BC) the Greek mathematician merely regarded that number as an interesting irrational number, in connection with the middle and extreme ratios.

It is indeed exemplary that the great Euclid, contrary to generations of mystics who followed, would soberly treat that number for what it is, without attaching to it other than its factual properties. And Keith Devlin says, "Certainly, the oft repeated assertion that the Parthenon in Athens is based on the golden ratio is not supported by actual measurements. In fact, the entire story about the Greeks and golden ratio seems to be without foundation. The one thing we know for sure is that Euclid, in his famous textbook Elements, written around 300 BC, showed how to calculate its value."

QED, as Euclid would have undoubtedly have said...

Last edited by rifleman; 02-22-2011 at 06:14 AM..

Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 AM

5,090 posts, read 8,064,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301ouncer View Post

From the small shells spiral in the sea to the 100,000 years lights away the spiral of the galaxies above us use the same blueprint of the designer Allah - the creator.

--------------------------------------------

Amazing and unbelievable......The 1.618 aspect ratio. A/B = 1.618. Glory be to Allah the perfect designer.

---------------------------------------------

Anyone willing to let me know how this is a concidance?
Do you realize that not all galaxies are spiral? They come in a variety of shapes, including elliptical, globular and irregular. While galaxies might appear to be smooth in shape, when examining them in closer detail, even spiral galaxies, the 'edges' are rather ragged and uneven in their distribution of stars bound to those galaxies. When examining the distribution of galaxies on a much larger scale of the universe, it can be seen that galaxies group together forming long weblike filaments that meander in all kinds of hodge podge directions like a rootbound tomato plant or a maze-like road map. In some spots, galaxies and galactic filaments are more close together, while in other areas they may be much more sparse. In addition, there are areas of gigantic voids scattered around which seem to contain very little in the way of stars and galaxies.

While the "Golden Ratio" is geometrically useful, it doesn't necessarily apply to the shapes of all structures, both large and small, within the universe. For example, consider the shapes of asteroids and comets. These objects come in all kinds of odd and irregular shapes. That said, it doesn't mean the structures within the universe are dull and boring. Just the opposite, it shows the universe to be much more remarkable and amazing than imagined. If anything, it means that everything in the universe is individually unique. Nothing is identical.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM

2,890 posts, read 4,202,294 times
I thought it was the Egyptians who first used the 1.618 ratio, so I'd say all the credit goes to RA (pbuh).

Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 PM

5,322 posts, read 8,357,780 times
The Golden Ratio is also derivable from Fibonacci series. The ratio appears in nature quite commonly because it represents the most efficient packing arrangement, such as for seeds. It is a natural outcome of the growth process, and while it is fascinating, it is totally natural and readily observable in nature. Not by design, but simply as a result of the nature of the physical universe.

Here's a nice set of explanations, graphics, animations, and examples: [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
The Fibonacci Numbers and Golden section in Nature - 1

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 02-22-2011, 03:59 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
Why are you saying it's A/B=1.618? Firstly, if it's the golden ratio you should represent it as a ratio; that is, 1:1.618. Secondly, A/B is only half the equation. The full equation is (A+B)/A=A/B, which comes out to (math.sqrt(5)+1)/2.

Please, do try to understand the subject before you post videos about it and stuff. I'm not trying to be rude here, but your post seems to be little less than a copy-paste from an apologetics site.
Yes, but you have to admit: his copy-paste was both amazing and (literally) unbelievable!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:40 AM

439 posts, read 482,076 times
The holy city Makkah is also called bakkah and laso called Umm Al-Qura (the Mother of Villages).
And this (the Qur'an) is a blessed Book which We have sent down, confirming (the revelations) which came before it, so that you may warn the Mother of Villages (i.e. Makkah) and all those around it. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in it (the Qur'an), and they are constant in guarding their Salat (prayers).
The Noble Quran.

http://www.upislam.com/images/62835942259216726974.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-23-2011, 06:23 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,936,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I thought it was the Egyptians who first used the 1.618 ratio, so I'd say all the credit goes to RA (pbuh).
Let's hear it for the sun god,
He's a very fun god!
Ra! Ra! Ra!

Not sure if anyone's asked, but if this perfect ratio was supposed to be a sign from god, why did she make it an irrational number? Wouldn't 2:1 or 3:1 be a lot more of an obvious message than 1.6180339877...:1?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,202,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Let's hear it for the sun god,
He's a very fun god!
Ra! Ra! Ra!

Not sure if anyone's asked, but if this perfect ratio was supposed to be a sign from god, why did she make it an irrational number? Wouldn't 2:1 or 3:1 be a lot more of an obvious message than 1.6180339877...:1?
That would be just to easy, you know, RA works in mysterious ways!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam