U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:29 AM

15,310 posts, read 10,345,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The temple was destroyed twice first by the Babylonians in 587bce by Nebuchadnezzar, then the Romans in about 70 ce.
Yeah...but who the hell is Nabuchodonosor??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,426,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yeah...but who the hell is Nabuchodonosor??
Nebuchadnezzar II
The king of Babylon, who became king in 604 bce.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,536,331 times
I think it might be a good idea to interject this little comment into the debate at this point. There has, indeed, been talk about rebuilding the Temple on its original site--which implies the removal of the al Aqsa Mosque. But everyone should realize that this talk has come from the extreme end of the spectrum, and certainly has inflammatory intentions as one of its goals. I don't believe the majority of Jews actually insist upon a new Temple at its original location. (For myself, yes, I think it would be nice to have the Temple again. But to deliberately provoke and invite a certain war? Hardly.)

Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think it might be a good idea to interject this little comment into the debate at this point. There has, indeed, been talk about rebuilding the Temple on its original site--which implies the removal of the al Aqsa Mosque. But everyone should realize that this talk has come from the extreme end of the spectrum, and certainly has inflammatory intentions as one of its goals. I don't believe the majority of Jews actually insist upon a new Temple at its original location. (For myself, yes, I think it would be nice to have the Temple again. But to deliberately provoke and invite a certain war? Hardly.)

I agree with Fred here! Most Jews I know don't want a new Temple built. They see Judaism has developed beyond the need for sacrifices at a Temple. Those that do are perfectly fine with a different location.

Its the extremist end of the spectrum. And we all know that no matter what religion extremists like to push buttons for a reaction.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,579,569 times
What they say about Jews were in Palestine from the start; this is an obvious lie.

So I ask them: when the Children of Israel came from Egypt to Sinai under the leadership of Moses, who then were inhabiting Palestine the holy land? and whom did Josue fight after the end of their bewildering in the desert? Was the land of Palestine empty of any people there?

Moreover, when they have come now from every country of the earth and gathered in Palestine: was there any people in this land or was the land of Palestine without people?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
What they say about Jews were in Palestine from the start; this is an obvious lie.

So I ask them: when the Children of Israel came from Egypt to Sinai under the leadership of Moses, who then were inhabiting Palestine the holy land? and whom did Josue fight after the end of their bewildering in the desert? Was the land of Palestine empty of any people there?

Moreover, when they have come now from every country of the earth and gathered in Palestine: was there any people in this land or was the land of Palestine without people?
It was a territory not a country and under the ottoman empire all the middle east was not divided up. The Jews have had a presence in Israel since they first entered the land which didn't have Palestinians... It has Canaanites and a few other peoples. The land was called Israel and it was called Judea and it was populated by the Jewish people. It was not called Palestine till the Romans destroyed the temple for the 2nd time and changed the name.

Palestinians are arabs who came into the land with the conquest of the 7th century.
The Jews have had a presence in the land much longer then palestinians..

Old 03-29-2010, 12:54 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,536,331 times
Quote:
The time has come for you to calm down. Anyone who doesn't get in line with your belief on the matter is a liar? I suspect the real problem hasn't got anything to do with what other people think--but instead, what you believe.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:28 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,984,404 times
It didn't matter that the Native Americans were here before the Europeans arrived, did it? Or that the Celts, et all were in the British Isles before the Anglo-Saxons, who were in turn subjugated by the Normans?

Might makes right in cases like this.

Threads such as this one, started by intolerant religious folk with proselytizing which is claimed as divinely inspired, are ultimately useless.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:41 PM

232 posts, read 629,097 times
exactly.

and another wonderful example of the religion of pos.
Suicide bomber hit station next to Russia's top security agency - washingtonpost.com

You can bet Putin will eliminate the "disease" in Russia that caused this.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:06 PM

30,881 posts, read 31,773,106 times
Quote:

It is not a lie....Take a look at the old map on this site....
History of ancient Israel and Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or