U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 PM
 
397 posts, read 536,624 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The "They are not true Muslims" card won't fly with me.

Look at the links I provided...You people are killing each other along with people of other faiths (Christians and Jews especially) This has nothing to do with foreign aggression. If you want the UN troops to leave, I think a good first step would be to stop the slaughter.

Oh yeah, it's the religion of peace alright...
islam is a religion of peace.
if the card "theyre not TRUE muslims" card doesnt fly let me try and put it in a way that makes sense. just because those muslims are killin people doesnt make it part of the religion. those muslims are not practicing islam correctly. a muslim is to follow the quran and the hadiths as best they can, ie no one is perfect, but to say that just because a large group of people do something horrible doesnt mean that its right nor justifiable NOR a part of the religion. this is not what the religion practices. no where in the quran or hadiths is killing innocent people/ terrorizing/ commiting suicide in the name of allah, permissable. im no sayin that what theyre doing is right im just saying its definately not part of the religion. theres billions of muslims in the world that would agree that what theyre doing is wrong and they would never kill anyone. unless of course someone was trying to kill them, ie. self defense. but if a large group of buhdist started killing people in the name of buda that doesnt make it part of their religion, that just means theyre horrible mislead people if they think that thats ok.

on a side note i think theyre mainly about revenge and just misconstrue somethig to have an excuse so they believe its justifiable. i mean if a person saw someone kill their family or friends because o some ongoing war im sure theyd b pissed and want to find some reason to kill them. so i believe its a war that just keeps going on because someone says you see what they did to your faher you have to get back at them. again i dont agree with it but i think its an ongoing war of revenge with an excuse.

i hope this helps. i just dont want you to believe that just because of what someone believes automatically makes them a bad person. im 22 and just converted 2 months ago and people put a terrorist label on me when i would never do such a thing because its not what my religion teaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 PM
 
40,423 posts, read 26,946,011 times
Reputation: 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
islam is a religion of peace.
Are you reading the posts of imanway? As long as Israel exists Islam is under Dar al Harb (war of defense) and killing or deceiving infidels is open season. NO infidel is innocent who supports Israel. You are very young and have a lot to learn about the religion you have mistakenly joined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 22,052,226 times
Reputation: 5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
sorry, just I forget .

concerning drinking alcohol in moderation

Basically God has forbidden alcohol, whether moderately or excessive in islam

We do not drink alcohol, according to the command of God first, and it is injurious to the person ...

Even if a Muslim to drink moderately is disobey God this wrong with it


No doubt that drinking alcohol in moderation less damage from excessive From a health point ...


Is there anything else?
So your only answer is that Allah has forbidden it...It has recently been shown that having one or two alcoholic drinks a day is actually beneficial to one's health. It seems to me that Allah does not trust his followers to be able to exercise moderation, or for the men to successfully curb their carnal desires toward women, thus requiring the latter to hide their bodie and faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,199,184 times
Reputation: 4536
Seems that the ban on alcohol is not exactly 100% participation:

Prohibition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alcohol Consumption | Indonesia

Which makes those countries a little less hypocritical when the reality of drug exportation is taken into account.

Meth, hashish, opium...need I say more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 374,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The "They are not true Muslims" card won't fly with me.

Look at the links I provided...You people are killing each other along with people of other faiths (Christians and Jews especially) This has nothing to do with foreign aggression. If you want the UN troops to leave, I think a good first step would be to stop the slaughter.

Oh yeah, it's the religion of peace alright...


YEAH, it's the religion (islam) of peace

To find some people kill each other Is not a measure for judging on religion

do not you See that the Jews are killing Muslims Or what ?

Do not you see that Orthodox Jews against Israel Against the Zionist movement..

Do not you see that some Christians against the Zionist movement

It occurs in the name of religion

these are the occupiers must leave the land of Muslims Until peace prevails.........

Justification would be Occupation silly


anyway , If I'm an American I apologize to the Arabs of the terrorism my State ..........


There is no license for the occupation whatever ...

Only a few of respect for myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 374,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
So your only answer is that Allah has forbidden it...It has recently been shown that having one or two alcoholic drinks a day is actually beneficial to one's health. It seems to me that Allah does not trust his followers to be able to exercise moderation, or for the men to successfully curb their carnal desires toward women, thus requiring the latter to hide their bodie and faces.



Because God (allah) who created you he is identify his laws on you not we

Reach the summit is not an easy ......

To climb the summit you Must adhere to the terms "Qualification" of the summit ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 374,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
islam is a religion of peace.
if the card "theyre not TRUE muslims" card doesnt fly let me try and put it in a way that makes sense. just because those muslims are killin people doesnt make it part of the religion. those muslims are not practicing islam correctly. a muslim is to follow the quran and the hadiths as best they can, ie no one is perfect, but to say that just because a large group of people do something horrible doesnt mean that its right nor justifiable NOR a part of the religion. this is not what the religion practices. no where in the quran or hadiths is killing innocent people/ terrorizing/ commiting suicide in the name of allah, permissable. im no sayin that what theyre doing is right im just saying its definately not part of the religion. theres billions of muslims in the world that would agree that what theyre doing is wrong and they would never kill anyone. unless of course someone was trying to kill them, ie. self defense. but if a large group of buhdist started killing people in the name of buda that doesnt make it part of their religion, that just means theyre horrible mislead people if they think that thats ok.

on a side note i think theyre mainly about revenge and just misconstrue somethig to have an excuse so they believe its justifiable. i mean if a person saw someone kill their family or friends because o some ongoing war im sure theyd b pissed and want to find some reason to kill them. so i believe its a war that just keeps going on because someone says you see what they did to your faher you have to get back at them. again i dont agree with it but i think its an ongoing war of revenge with an excuse.

i hope this helps. i just dont want you to believe that just because of what someone believes automatically makes them a bad person. im 22 and just converted 2 months ago and people put a terrorist label on me when i would never do such a thing because its not what my religion teaches


YES sukrill what you said would be right ...


Can I ask you ? Why convert to Islam? When converted to Islam ?


I wish to tell non-Muslim here What attracted you to Islam?

I'm glad you are going the way of God with us

may allah steadfast you on Islam ..


imanway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,624,299 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
YEAH, it's the religion (islam) of peace

To find some people kill each other Is not a measure for judging on religion

do not you See that the Jews are killing Muslims Or what ?

So there aren't any followers of Islam who kill in the name of their religion? But, of course, as soon as someone mentions the magic word (that, of course, would be Jew)...ah, that's something else again!

Come on, act like a grownup and admit it: you sneer at the word "justification," but that's exactly what you're doing in this thread. And others, for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 374,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Are you reading the posts of imanway? As long as Israel exists Islam is under Dar al Harb (war of defense) and killing or deceiving infidels is open season. NO infidel is innocent who supports Israel. You are very young and have a lot to learn about the religion you have mistakenly joined.

open your mind pleas ....

I am talking about the occupation of Muslim lands "Israel exists Islam is under Dar al Harb " now killing muslim there Do you want to go without a struggle against them?


I meant killing to infidels in 'Dar al Harb' that waging war on Muslims, with their army and tank ..What do America and Israel in the land of Muslims NOW!!!

it is forbidden in Islam the attack on the peaceful disbelief (infidels)


Do you understand now why Islam is peace ?

Did you know that animals do not accept the abuse of their rights?


imanway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 374,743 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Seems that the ban on alcohol is not exactly 100% participation:

Prohibition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alcohol Consumption | Indonesia

Which makes those countries a little less hypocritical when the reality of drug exportation is taken into account.

Meth, hashish, opium...need I say more?

hi , You find there the committed and uncommitted his/her religion

Each person accountable for his/herself when he/she meets allah (our lord)........


imanway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top