U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:02 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,650,668 times

Advertisements

Islam is not the religion of peace ..its a religion of salvation .. to attain salvation one has to submit him/herself to the will of god .. which means living life in peace ..from within .. peace cannot be attained by killing eachother .. why? because its within us .. if a jew, muslim,christian wants to live in peace he ought to exercise his beliefs, stretching his/her mind to the end of the horizon .. islam is knowledge, knowledge is power, power is faith and in faith theres peace .. then salvation .. so the faithfull irrespective of any religion walks on the above mentioned path .. sooner or later he/she would realize the truth and by none other than god himself .. so its better we dont judge eachother and leave the judgement to the one up there ! ..if he had to thump the religion on mankind, which he is capable of he would have done so .. why he didnt do it because he is with us against satan ..even the devil knows he cant win the battle .. but its just a matter of faith my fellow beings .. unfortunately we all lack it and the little of what we have is wasted .. the light is ever so bright, lest a blind could see .. far beyond the horizon stretched across the sea .. wonder where i would be, without the shade of thee ..Oh lord almighty !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 AM

1,310 posts, read 1,186,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
islam is a religion of peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
open your mind pleas ....

I am talking about the occupation of Muslim lands "Israel exists Islam is under Dar al Harb " now killing muslim there Do you want to go without a struggle against them?

I meant killing to infidels in 'Dar al Harb' that waging war on Muslims, with their army and tank ..What do America and Israel in the land of Muslims NOW!!!

it is forbidden in Islam the attack on the peaceful disbelief (infidels)

Do you understand now why Islam is peace ?
I need to jump in here;
If someone of Islam places America responsible for a family members death and revenge is sought, wouldn't any American do?
I really want to understand the Islamic faith but there seems to be a lot of fine print when it comes to the "do's and dont's" of killing the enemy.
A poster on a different thread made the comment, "I don't worry about a Christian blowing me to pieces". I have to admit, neither do I but I do concern myself with a Muslim doing it. It seems that "Islam" is willing to generalize a whole culture (Americans) for a crime that an individual (or government) did, but when this culture (Americans) returns the genralzation of Islam, Muslims are taken back (I do understand not all Muslims feel this way).
This is the general feeling in groups; Its like, "well if they (Islam) don't respect my faith then screw theirs."
You two, by reading your post, are not the stero typical Islamic Muslims most Americans associate with the Muslim community.
Its the lack of knowldge on both sides that breeds fear and hatred.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:40 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,071,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Dude, none of it matters to me. Allah doesn't care if I drink, or smoke, or have gay sex, or run around naked slapping people with a dead fish. Allah doesn't care if I live my life good and moral, or if I'm evil and bad and so very, very naughty. Allah isn't interested in my beard, or my jewelry or that I don't know which way Mecca is. Allah doesn't care about any of this stuff because I was raised on bacon.
lool, we are what we eat

Old 08-21-2010, 07:52 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,510,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
lool, we are what we eat

In other words, you are the physical control on YOur Thoughts against the substance of them.

Ideally the substance is unity of Form and Matter. The eating is materially the whole of it, but from my discussions with Islamists (in the nineties mind you) the idealistic being of Self is never adequate for the physical control for mental beliefs. Actually, when I fasted there was some hopeful refusal of uncontrolled thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or