U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:01 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,906,280 times

Advertisements

So here's a question. According to Islam, Jesus is a great prophet along the lines of Muhammad. I think we all know that he (Jesus) has been on the satirical end many times on TV shows (Family Guy), comedy sketches and magazines which can sometimes be rather irreverent . How come fanatical Muslims don't get their underwears in knots about that but will lose their minds if Muhammad is ridiculed? Not trying to give them any additional bright ideas, but I'm curious about this bit of hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 05:41 PM

8,392 posts, read 9,136,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So here's a question. According to Islam, Jesus is a great prophet along the lines of Muhammad. I think we all know that he (Jesus) has been on the satirical end many times on TV shows (Family Guy), comedy sketches and magazines which can sometimes be rather irreverent . How come fanatical Muslims don't get their underwears in knots about that but will lose their minds if Muhammad is ridiculed? Not trying to give them any additional bright ideas, but I'm curious about this bit of hypocrisy.
Because Islam is the religion of peace.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:29 AM

251 posts, read 373,505 times
Quote:

We Muslims are hold the honor of anger and defense of all the prophets of

God Mohammed ...jesus... Moussa ...Ibrahim... peace be upon them

Freedom of expression that have misappropriated by West

I agree with this Defending a noble cause {Abdessalami On_Line}

imanway

Old 05-09-2010, 01:26 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post

imanway

Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Quote:
imanway
Nonsense! Islam is a corruption of Christianity created in sibling rivalry with the jewish origins of Christianity. They copied wholesale the beatitudes and added spurious justifications for conquest and subjugation of all other religions and peoples. It is a barbaric and intolerant religion that has not outgrown its primitive roots and remains stagnant in a 14th century culture.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:12 PM

30,875 posts, read 31,754,043 times
The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because they can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:16 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,552,999 times
Quote:
Over the centuries, Jesus became more and more associated to Christendom which muslims associate to and only to the crusades.

That may have forced them to ostracize Jesus from their prophet love fests

Old 05-24-2010, 01:43 PM

668 posts, read 823,343 times
Quote:
How come fanatical Muslims don't get their underwears in knots about that but will lose their minds if Muhammad is ridiculed? Not trying to give them any additional bright ideas, but I'm curious about this bit of hypocrisy.
The answer could be very simple, namely because Muslims hate Christians and Christianity.More about read here:

Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

Old 05-24-2010, 01:51 PM

11 posts, read 14,650 times
like u said OP. they think jesus is a regular profit.......kinda like abraham or moses being on family guy. U wouldnt get your panys in a knot either over them.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:03 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,972,242 times
Quote:
By "misappropriated", you mean that freedom of expression is cherished and exercised, correct? Not like Islamic "republics" in which any deviation from the theocratic line is harshly punished. "Misappropriated" actually means 'stolen'...the West certainly didn't misappropriate freedom of expression from Islamic countries where there is precious little of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or