U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:21 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,000,608 times

Advertisements

As usual, I don't feel like typing out all the open and close tags. So see my comments in blue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
You already said you were! What changed?

Nothing changed. I'm still going to keep my mouth shut from now on with respect to the subject matter of various religious threads. It's an exercise in futility to contribute an opinion when no one changes their position anyway. Debating serves no purpose.

As for me posting these responses to you right now, that's different. I'm responding to what YOU are saying, not the subject of the thread.

And I didn't delete them! I don't know which posts you are referring to!

I didn't say you deleted them. A different mod did.

That being said, Rob, I will put this out here for the whole world to read---I humbly and sincerely apologize for hurting your feelings. The "jihad" comment was indeed smart-alecky.

Apology accepted.

In regards to my "how typical" remark, I think that it is still valid. You asked a question, I answered, then you accused me of going off topic, when in fact I was just answering your question! Then you wouldn't answer mine!

Jeff, I WOULD have answered yours, but it was going off-topic. I didn't want to further add to that problem. But since you say you are able to read the deleted posts, you can go back and see the explanation I gave to you. It's a little difficult now to point out what I'm talking about, seeing as how my posts have been deleted and I don't remember exactly what I said. But basically, we both made a post at 3:26, which was AFTER you had stated several times that the thread needed to get back on topic. But after making my post at 3:26, I saw that you had posted your question. So at 3:28 I left another post in response to that, but you had already started typing your message which was posted at 3:29. I wasn't refusing to answer your question. I just didn't want to do it in this thread because it was getting off-topic. But then MY posts were deleted and yours remained. That's unfair. It's also favoritism.

That is indeed "typical" of most Christians on this forum, IMO. (The question at hand will be ignored if it's too difficult.)

It's not an issue of being too difficult. It's just a waste of time to respond because any answer I (or any other Christian) give will just be contradicted.

It isn't meant as a character slam, and I don't think that it was. I'm sorry you do.

I really had no clue I was so despised on this forum. It's a bummer. Again Rob, sorry.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:33 PM

3,490 posts, read 2,521,732 times
Tit for tat--I really just can't care anymore. I'm a flipping HUMAN Rob, and I don't get paid to moderate. Let's both just move on. I don't even have the energy, ya know?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:35 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,441,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
South, you are all warm and gooey on top and poison underneath with the way you are "talking" to me right now. I also don't appreciated be condescended to.

Now, that I would consider an example of a personal attack. (sorry if you feel it's condescending. It wasn't intended to be.) I had the best of intentions of trying to restore this to a more welcoming environment for all.

And are you insinuating that I am not a believer? I notice that I said yuck earlier, but I never questioned someone's personal relationship with God! You are embodying the typical judgemental Christian on these forums right now by saying what's allowed and insinuating what's not. At least I say what I mean and mean what I say!
Where did I *ever* insintuate that you are not a believer??
I wouldn't do that because I don't know whether you are or not. Please show me the quote.

I, too, say what I mean, and I mean what I say. And, I try not to "read into" what people say, nor do I ususually take it personally.

I got involved not because of anything you said to me, but because I didn't think it was right the way you were talking to other believers. I was (still am) concerned that you might drive some people away, or at the very least, discourage participation on the part of some. I think everyone should be made to feel welcome, regardless of the faith they subscribe to.

Calling me "poison" doesn't exactly make me feel welcome

Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Where did I *ever* insintuate that you are not a believer??
I wouldn't do that because I don't know whether you are or not. Please show me the quote.

I, too, say what I mean, and I mean what I say. And, I try not to "read into" what people say, nor do I ususually take it personally.

I got involved not because of anything you said to me, but because I didn't think it was right the way you were talking to other believers. I was (still am) concerned that you might drive some people away, or at the very least, discourage participation on the part of some. I think everyone should be made to feel welcome, regardless of the faith they subscribe to.

Calling me "poison" doesn't exactly make me feel welcome
See my post above yours and insert your name where Rob's is. I'm not gonna make excuses or give reasons for everything I do, even though you seem to think I should, and have deemed yourself my personal judge and jury.

And for crying out loud, I said THE WAY YOU WERE TALKING TO ME was poison. Not you.

Moving on.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM

8,841 posts, read 17,350,105 times
Honestly Jeff, I'm not trying to start a flame-war here. I went back and re-read some of the stuff you wrote and I didn't think you overextended your authority/position as a moderator. You have just as much right to contradict viewpoints here as anyone else, and you're not superhuman so that every post is going to be succinctly put in a positive and uplifting way, LOL.

I'll help by moving on.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Honestly Jeff, I'm not trying to start a flame-war here. I went back and re-read some of the stuff you wrote and I didn't think you overextended your authority/position as a moderator. You have just as much right to contradict viewpoints here as anyone else, and you're not superhuman so that every post is going to be succinctly put in a positive and uplifting way, LOL.
Thanks! I thought so to, and I was picked by the powers that be because I am generally a very diplomatic person. But you won't find agreeance with that here...

But thanks again!

Old 06-19-2007, 08:26 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,938,449 times
This thread is completely out of order. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or