U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:57 PM

21,635 posts, read 30,241,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
God said it is His Word either you have faith in Him or your don't. I TRUST HIM....
MBG
I get what you are saying and I agree with you, too bad I can't give you more rep points. I also trust the Bible to be true and God's Word and I believe there is only ONE way to Heaven because that is what Jesus said.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:58 PM

3,684 posts, read 10,997,511 times
Quote:
God said it is His Word either you have faith in Him or your don't. I TRUST HIM....
MBG
Again you trust a book, I choose to trust Him directly.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:58 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,497,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Well if all Christians believed the same thing then there wouldn't be so many denominations of Christian would there? So there are many differences amongst Christians, but we are all still Christians if we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and he died for our sins. That is what Christian is, so I am Christian.
There is one Body...Christ does not have several.
Either you believe the basic precepts of the faith..like the very Words that Yeshua said, or you don't.
Many so called denominations are not Christian even though they claim it.
Satan knows that Yeshua is God's Son and he died for our sins, does that make Him Christian? Being indwelt and knowing something are two different things. And out of curiosity, why if you dismiss so much of scripture do you believe that part?

MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 06:01 PM

508 posts, read 1,548,574 times
Quote:
Again saying that those words are from Christ is based on the belief that men didn't alter it at all. Now considering it was written decades after Christ died and the church wanted people to follow Christian faith, don't you think it would be handy to insert a few passages saying that if one does not worship God the way we Christians do then they will go to hell....hmmmmm, I would think that would raise Sunday attendance and tithings a bit, don't you? Again you can believe what you want, I don't believe that God is so small that he is contained by or on the pages of one book. I do accept that the bible was inspired by events that did happen, but I don't think man had no influence on what is written in it.

I dont believe God is so small as to be contained in a book either, but I do believe he gave us his word in a book for us to learn from. I find it interesting that you believe Christ had the power to die and be resurected, and be the lord, savior and creator of all heaven and earth, yet you do not think it is possible for him to work through men to write his word for us. You have said it yourself that you believe God revealed to you. Why is it not possible that he revealed to the authors of the Bible as well? Hipocracy - I smell just a little bit.

One of the most basic precepts for deciding if God is directing you in something is a threefold test.
1. does it line up with scripture? In other words, does it fit with what we already know about God and what he has told us?
2. Advice of spritual leaders. what do those around you who are in the word of God and have a more complete/thorough/deeper/experienced understanding of God's word say?
3. What do you find in prayer and meditation?

If something that you think might be God does not line up with all three things, run the other direction.

Last edited by brittZ; 06-13-2007 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: additional thought

Old 06-13-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
There is one Body...Christ does not have several.
Either you believe the basic precepts of the faith..like the very Words that Yeshua said, or you don't.
Many so called denominations are not Christian even though they claim it.
Satan knows that Yeshua is God's Son and he died for our sins, does that make Him Christian? Being indwelt and knowing something are two different things. And out of curiosity, why if you dismiss so much of scripture do you believe that part?

MBG
Well I leave it to God to judge who is and who isn't Christian. As a Christian I don't think it is my place to make such sweeping statements that someone isn't a Christian because they disagree with me. But you do what you want.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Again you trust a book, I choose to trust Him directly.
How do you get I only trust a book out of me saying I TRUST HIM??

I trust His Word... I do not believe God a liar or the author of confusion. How do you know what to believe if you cannot trust His very Words? You just go on gut? Human gut and human emotion is very fallible, only God is infallible. Hence I believe Him and all He says.
Suffice it to say, some people (and it is there right) make a god in their own image instead of following the God who made them in His.

MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
I dont believe God is so small as to be contained in a book either, but I do believe he gave us his word in a book for us to learn from. I find it interesting that you believe Christ had the power to die and be resurected, and be the lord, savior and creator of all heaven and earth, yet you do not think it is possible for him to work through men to write his word for us. You have said it yourself that you believe God revealed to you. Why is it not possible that he revealed to the authors of the Bible as well? Hipocracy - I smell just a little bit.
I didn't say that God couldn't have revealed to the authors of the bible, I just don't think that the bible has not been influenced by men. Even if God gave them the words to write down it doesn't mean they wrote what he intended or what he intended hasn't been lost to translation, free will and all. I just think it's more important to find your own relationship with God and be faithful to that. This is what I have done. I don't find that to be hipocracy, I find it to be truthful to my beliefs. Again you don't need to understand or agree, just respect - which seems to be hard for you.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Well I leave it to God to judge who is and who isn't Christian. As a Christian I don't think it is my place to make such sweeping statements that someone isn't a Christian because they disagree with me. But you do what you want.
The bible tells us to discern, and how we as Christians are to know who is and who isn't. We are not even supposed to dine with those who claim to be brothers but are not following the way. It is our duty to shine the light on those who are and who are not.
It says that in His Word...but then again, that doesn't mean much to you.
MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 06:08 PM

This is ridiculously off topic...for that I apologize...the OP is should Muslim babies be killed, I think most agree that "no" is the answer.
MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,793,012 times
MBG wrote:
Quote:
the OP is should Muslim babies be killed, I think most agree that "no" is the answer.
No, it wasn't if they should be killed, and I didn't mean for it to sound that way. It was whether they would be better off if they died for whatever reason while they were still an infant so they could go to heaven.
Some of the comments are a little confusing and there is a variety of opinions. My basic point is that someone who becomes a muslim and not a Christian will not be saved according to my understanding of the Bible. Since I've heard a number of people say that infants who are too young to understand will automatically go to heaven that's what leads to my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or