U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 10,998,185 times
Reputation: 1658

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
The bible tells us to discern, and how we as Christians are to know who is and who isn't. We are not even supposed to dine with those who claim to be brothers but are not following the way. It is our duty to shine the light on those who are and who are not.
It says that in His Word...but then again, that doesn't mean much to you.
MBG
Don't worry I'll agree to respect your beliefs if you agree to respect mine. I probably wouldn't have much fun at dinner with you either...LOL

 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,078 posts, read 3,498,090 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
MBG wrote:

No, it wasn't if they should be killed, and I didn't mean for it to sound that way. It was whether they would be better off if they died for whatever reason while they were still an infant so they could go to heaven.
Some of the comments are a little confusing and there is a variety of opinions. My basic point is that someone who becomes a muslim and not a Christian will not be saved according to my understanding of the Bible. Since I've heard a number of people say that infants who are too young to understand will automatically go to heaven. That's what leads to my question.
Sorry die...ooops!! How then would they all die..if they were not killed
Anyway I gave my opinion already.
MBG
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 10,998,185 times
Reputation: 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
MBG wrote:

No, it wasn't if they should be killed, and I didn't mean for it to sound that way. It was whether they would be better off if they died for whatever reason while they were still an infant so they could go to heaven.
Some of the comments are a little confusing and there is a variety of opinions. My basic point is that someone who becomes a muslim and not a Christian will not be saved according to my understanding of the Bible. Since I've heard a number of people say that infants who are too young to understand will automatically go to heaven. That's what leads to my question.
Yes but isn't it interesting that although they thought you were suggesting killing babies (and I did that too, sorry!) so they could be saved you are not being attacked, but because I think everyone will be saved eventually I am being attacked for my beliefs. Very interesting indeed...LOL

Besides Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the same God anyway so I'm sure He will find a way to get us all there eventually.
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,078 posts, read 3,498,090 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Don't worry I'll agree to respect your beliefs if you agree to respect mine. I probably wouldn't have much fun at dinner with you either...LOL
I respect you have the right to believe what ever you choose, but to agree your beliefs are Christian I can't.
I am sorry.
I pray you do go to Heaven as I pray everyone does. God does not want anyone left behind.

MBG
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Between Here and There
3,684 posts, read 10,998,185 times
Reputation: 1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
I respect you have the right to believe what ever you choose, but to agree your beliefs are Christian I can't.
I am sorry.
I pray you do go to Heaven as I pray everyone does. God does not want anyone left behind.

MBG
Well good thing you are not the final authority, He is. But thanks for the prayers we could all use those!
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,078 posts, read 3,498,090 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Yes but isn't it interesting that although they thought you were suggesting killing babies (and I did that too, sorry!) so they could be saved you are not being attacked, but because I think everyone will be saved eventually I am being attacked for my beliefs. Very interesting indeed...LOL

Besides Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the same God anyway so I'm sure He will find a way to get us all there eventually.
Christians and Muslims do not share the same God... Yahweh and Allah are not one... we could start another thread on that if you like.

You may want to read this...

Is Allah The Same As YHWH?

and this...
Is Allah the God of the Bible? (http://www.answering-islam.de/Main/Shamoun/god.htm - broken link)

Shalom, MBG
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,416,008 times
Reputation: 5026
Irishmom, your posts are sweet and gentle, and I like reading them. I like the pictures you paint with your words of a nicer, kinder, gentler God who understands us all and will accept us all, in the end, no matter what, just because he loves us. I would very much like to believe that, but I'd need some scriptural support to think about it. Do you have any verses? You don't need to quote chapter and verse...if you're like me, you probably don't have them memorized. Lots of times I can only remember the gist of a verse. So, if you have anything from the Bible that you can provide in the way of support for your view, I'd really like to know what that is.

Thanks!
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Nashville, Tn
7,916 posts, read 16,794,408 times
Reputation: 5454
MBG wrote:
Quote:
Sorry die...ooops!! How then would they all die..if they were not killed
I was just thinking of the accidents and natural causes that happens to literally millions of children. In third world countries infant mortality rates are very high. Disease, malnutrition, etc. causes many deaths. I guess I should have made my opening post much more clear, I didn't even think that anyone would take it that way.
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,041 posts, read 45,020,548 times
Reputation: 20425
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
So again, we are not to take God at His Word?
MBG
But you're assuming the Bible IS His word, and literally translated at that... some of us disagree, and feel there are many facets to religion, God, and faith. Like Irishmom said (more or less), it would be naive to take everything literally, and to stop thinking for oneself. Also, I agree that God wouldn't create all these people, only to condemn them to Hell. In my OPINION, the different religions are merely interpretations of the same basic principle & belief. And if Heaven & Hell do exist, I don't think God would send you to one based only on who/what you pray to (or don't pray to) - but rather, we'd be judged on our character and soul. I know some awful people who pray to Jesus every day, and wonderful people who don't pray at all... if God would rather send the awful people to Heaven, simply because they "accept God/Jesus/Allah/etc.", I want no part of such a God.
 
Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,078 posts, read 3,498,090 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
MBG wrote:

I was just thinking of the accidents and natural causes that happens to literally millions of children. In third world countries infant mortality rates are very high. Disease, malnutrition, etc. causes many deaths. I guess I should have made my opening post much more clear, I didn't even think that anyone would take it that way.
Okay..I get it... but still my answer would stay the same.
MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top