U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:30 PM

66 posts, read 67,211 times

Advertisements

There is a reason almost all terrorists are islamic.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 05:50 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,735,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The irony is that those using that stupid non-comparable analogy are the ones who are ignoring the very aspects of our experienced reality that incontrovertibly requires an intelligent SOURCE. It goes right over their heads. The problem is in equating intelligent with "smart" or "wise" or "perfect" or . . . whatever human nonsense makes their non-comparable comparatives seem relevant. The very "intelligibility" of the universe (as Einstein noted) is the most inexplicable feature using the artificial "naturalism" or "empiricist" reductionist rationales. The ability of unfalsifiable claims to account for it is the dividing line between pink unicorns , fairies, Santas, etc. because they need an established real feature of the universe to be applicable as a proof of concept. My God consciousness has the ubiquity of our own consciousnesses as the proof of concept . . . making all your other puerile nonsense inapplicable, period.
Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
The irony is, the unicorn analogy usual just goes straight over their heads, even when people who believe such things see the silliness of it all..

The “invisible pink unicorn” is used as examples of unfalsifiable claims. Science can't prove that unfalsifiable claims are not true – by definition.
But this isn't a reason to believe in them, any more than it is a reason to believe in the infinite number of potential claims that can't be falsified.
What do men do, when they proclaim absolute truth with no test in reality.. makes sense when you look at these islamic extremist.

YouTube - Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Old 05-29-2010, 05:55 PM

1,719 posts, read 3,723,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
i just wanted to put it out there that terrorism has nothing to do with islam. anything that islam teaches a muslim will follow meaning that just because someone claims to be or looks like a muslim and say suicide is ok in any wqy shape or form, this includes the killings of innocent people, it is no permissable. NO WHERE in the quran or any hadith does it say that these actions are permissable. if you want to know why those terrorist commit suicide or kill innocent peolple in the name of god (allah) then your guess os as good as mine because i dont know exactly why they do that and believe its permissable or even okay. its not. anyone who thinks that islam/muslims and terrorist go together has not researched the religion/way of life.

i just wanted to put that that out there because it upsets me that people think im a bad or even a horrible person just because of what i believe.
Hahahahahaha. Tell that to your fellow militant Muslims who are so good at murdering civilians.

Allah can suck my dick.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:08 PM

40,174 posts, read 26,797,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Thanks for proving my point.
Thanks for proving my point. Did you even read my post . . . I suspect not. It isn't the unfalsifiability that is relevant to the stupid comparisons of your unicorns, FSM, etc. with my God consciousness. IT is the LACK OF ANYTHING IN REALITY TO USE as a basis for imputing their existence. Our Consciousnesses provide abundant proof that the phenomenon (consciousness) exists and is a PLAUSIBLE candidate for the UNIVERSAL FIELD. We have no idea whatsoever whether "strings" as posited in the string theory actually exist at all. There are no flying spaghetti monsters fairies or unicorns to point to as a basis for your asinine comparisons of unfalsifiable theories!!! The density of concrete in here is beyond belief.
Quote:
What do men do, when they proclaim absolute truth with no test in reality.. makes sense when you look at these islamic extremist.
Islamic extremists are primitive morons led by evil fanatic leaders and barely qualify as civilized human beings. You lose the entire argument by Godwin's law.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Did you even read my post . . . I suspect not. It isn't the unfalsifiability that is relevant to the stupid comparisons of your unicorns, FSM, etc. with my God consciousness. IT is the LACK OF ANYTHING IN REALITY TO USE as a basis for imputing their existence. Our Consciousnesses provide abundant proof that the phenomenon (consciousness) exists and is a PLAUSIBLE candidate for the UNIVERSAL FIELD. We have no idea whatsoever whether "strings" as posited in the string theory actually exist at all. There are no flying spaghetti monsters fairies or unicorns to point to as a basis for your asinine comparisons of unfalsifiable theories!!! The density of concrete in here is beyond belief.Islamic extremists are primitive morons led by evil fanatic leaders and barely qualify as civilized human beings. You lose the entire argument by Godwin's law.
Back to you god dunit, unfalsifiable argument.

Godwin's law lol, what a failed attempted to wriggle out of your dogmatic beliefs. Godwin's law applies to people saying, "hitler is a creationist, so you must be as evil as hitler". The video never trespass on such childish grounds.
Dogmatic beliefs have been responsible for some of the greatest atrocities, and if you even paid attention to the video you would know that.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:50 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,430,545 times
[quote=Muhammad Emmad;14271362]
Islam is religion of peace, love and kindness. It does not permit any kind of violence. It has nothing to do with terrorism. But now a days Islamic enemies are doing a planned propaganda against Islam and Muslims by portraying a wrong picture of Islam and linking Jihad to terrorism.

Yeah tell that to the families of the people killed by suicide bombers. Islam if full of terrorists who kill in the name of Allah.

Muslims justify their deeds as worthy and in being a martyr you think you go to paradise because you died killing infidels.

Muslims in muslim countries glorify those murderers and Palestinians are raising their children to become suicide bombers and martyrs.

Islam is a violent religion.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:52 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,994,772 times
God can be attested in human experience, certain forms of logic, etc. Things you make up one Sunday morning can't. When an atheist says "to me God is nothing more than a pink Unicorn or a Spaghetti Monster" that's fine it itself because it just describes a personal reaction to different concepts. Saying "it truly is no different than a spaghetti monster or Unicorn" is just a sign that one is a "Philistine" (in the epithet meaning of the word) with not even an ounce of understanding/interest in anthropology, humanities, or anything except some narrow form of Scientism. Also that one does not want to really engage a subject, but instead simply want to belittle it. It's the kind of attitude you find in eleven-year-olds everywhere, regardless of age, the plaintiff cry of "You're stupid and a big baby."

Anyway my original point with the stupid unicorn story was that even if someone did believe in some foolish unreality it would not make their life "wasted." It's possible a belief can be false and still quite useful. This doesn't mean one must convert to a false belief, but trying to tear something useful down might have repercussions that are negative. This was so confusing to the atheist I had to explain multiple times that I wasn't comparing atheism or theism to a foolish, yet harmless, delusion and eventually I had to give up. "New" or militant atheism is like being in the Society of Saint Pius X in that for it error has no rights. Thankfully my life isn't like that and I have zero interest in it becoming so.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:21 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,994,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yeah tell that to the families of the people killed by suicide bombers. Islam if full of terrorists who kill in the name of Allah.
If it were truly "full of terrorists" in the way you are implying life would be far worse today than it is. There are a billion Muslims in the world and I think around 800 million of them are Sunni. If even 1% of them was actively terrorists that would be 8 million Muslim terrorists. Do you really think the number is that high? If so support the claim.

Quote:
Muslims justify their deeds as worthy and in being a martyr you think you go to paradise because you died killing infidels.
Muslims and Islam are not monolithic. However sure right now Muslims have more of that than any religion and it is easier to justify violence in Islam than it is in most religions. However at the risk of being offensive the 613 mitzvot include

199. To keep the Canaanite slave forever.
327. Not to save the enticer from capital punishment, but to stand by at his execution.
334. Not to suffer any one practicing witchcraft to live.
355. To slay the inhabitants of a city that has become idolatrous and burn that city.
602. To exterminate the seven Canaanite nations from the land of Israel.
613. To destroy the seed of Amalek.

Where Jews are at an advantage is they have a much more continuous/vigorous intellectual tradition that can interpret how these are to be lived now or if they are even still relevant. (Canaanites and Amalekites no longer really exist as such)

Going further afield the Bhagavad Gita states

"O descendant of Bharata, he who dwells in the body can never be slain. Therefore you need not grieve for any living being. Considering your specific duty as a kṣatriya, you should know that there is no better engagement for you than fighting on religious principles; and so there is no need for hesitation. O Pārtha, happy are the kṣatriyas to whom such fighting opportunities come unsought, opening for them the doors of the heavenly planets. If, however, you do not perform your religious duty of fighting, then you will certainly incur sins for neglecting your duties and thus lose your reputation as a fighter. People will always speak of your infamy, and for a respectable person, dishonor is worse than death." Bhagavad Gita 2:30-34

People see such verses in different ways and there are Muslims who live without violence even if Muhammad was as much a warrior as Arjuna.

Quote:
Muslims in muslim countries glorify those murderers and Palestinians are raising their children to become suicide bombers and martyrs.
And Muslims in Muslim countries also reject those murderers and there are Palestinians raising their kids to be medics or run grocery stores or whatever.

Quote:
To a degree yes, but how much so varies from one Muslim culture to another and one school to another. If Muslims were the slathering fanatics they are made about to be life in places like Senegal, Albania, Turkey, Malaysia, or Dearborn would be much more violent than it is in reality.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Most religions are violent religions, the difference is, a much larger majority of muslims make the choice to follow these instructions..

Bill Maher said it well...

YouTube - Bill Maher on Radical Muslims: "Their religious wackos are a lot more wacko than ours"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or