Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:13 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,551,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Them too.. We can't stop people from acting like that, but we can put laws in place to stop them from enforcing their flavor of religion on us.
I'd like to see a lot more of it. If there was just some way to keep them from brainwashing their infants and small children with that stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,468,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
To say that of a religion the treats women worse than dogs are treated, rewards suicide bombers with 72 virgins is clear evidence that your representation of islam is in direct conflict with the reality.
Why do your statements indicate reality any better than his? You're making the claim here so back it up with empirical evidence. Show me that the Qur'an, the Hadith, or mainstream Islam says suicide bombers will be rewarded with 72 virgins.

Islam does not treat women equal, IMO, but they automatically inherit property. A dog does not automatically inherit half of what a man does, it inherits nothing unless the owner says so. The following Muslim nations have a higher percent of women in the national legislature than the US does: Tunisia, Kyrgyzstan, Senegal, and Indonesia. There are others, but I limited to the ones that are currently democracies or quasi-democracies.

Women in Parliaments: World Classification

Bahrain, Kyrgyzstan, and the United Arab Emirates are listed better on "gender empowerment" than Japan. The UAE is even placed above Greece.

Human Development Report 2009 - Gender empowerment measure (GEM) rank

Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,551,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Why do your statements indicate reality any better than his? You're making the claim here so back it up with empirical evidence. Show me that the Qur'an, the Hadith, or mainstream Islam says suicide bombers will be rewarded with 72 virgins.

Islam does not treat women equal, IMO, but they automatically inherit property. A dog does not automatically inherit half of what a man does, it inherits nothing unless the owner says so. The following Muslim nations have a higher percent of women in the national legislature than the US does: Tunisia, Kyrgyzstan, Senegal, and Indonesia. There are others, but I limited to the ones that are currently democracies or quasi-democracies.

Women in Parliaments: World Classification

Bahrain, Kyrgyzstan, and the United Arab Emirates are listed better on "gender empowerment" than Japan. The UAE is even placed above Greece.

Human Development Report 2009 - Gender empowerment measure (GEM) rank

Reminded me of something Bill Maher said on his show a few weeks ago. He said all the Muslims wanted was to be left alone so they could beat their women in peace.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 PM

397 posts, read 606,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
To say that of a religion the treats women worse than dogs are treated, rewards suicide bombers with 72 virgins is clear evidence that your representation of islam is in direct conflict with the reality.

This is not just the extremists as the mis-treatment of women is systemic in the muslin world.

But of course the extremists are the most dangerous, as they are in any religion.
you do realize how ignorant this makes you look and how aware it makes people, even non muslims know that those statements are untrue. you personally show me where it disrespects women or says that any form of suicide is rewarded. please research islam first before you jump into a conversation you know nothing about just running your mouth ATTEMPTING to nake islam look so bad. but please show me and please dont give me that same crap everyone else does thats already been corrected a million times. give me something new. verses in the quran or a hadith.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Reminded me of something Bill Maher said on his show a few weeks ago. He said all the Muslims wanted was to be left alone so they could beat their women in peace.
yet another person who actually listens and repeats whats said on tv. give me a break. beating women? seriously? there would be no women in islam if they knew they had a chance of even getting a hand laid on them. u looked really ignorant right there buddy and you just proved u listen to what the media says, good job

Old 05-21-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know the Qur'an and the hadiths in the Sunna and . . . you are lying about them . . . probably as part of the required deception of infidels that Allah commands under Dar al Harb. You also get credit with Allah for every act of the jihadis . . . as long as you secretly support them with deception of the infidels. I have posted the relevant verses several times during other discussions with Muslims in this forum. I have no doubt you are a decent person . . . but your religion is intolerant, deceptive and evil in its intent of world conquest.
wow guy did you really just pull the house of war card on me. house of war is something that must be established by the majority of muslims and then only the highest muslim scholars establish it. you want to tell me when and where this happened because as far as me and the rest of the billions of muslims who are unaware that its been established, id really like to know how you came to this conclusion.

the religion is evil, deceptive? what the hell are you reading? where in the quran or a hadith does it make the religion evil or deceptive. show me some verses and i swear if one more person brings up that infidels bs... infadels were people that fought against and wanted to kill innocent muslims. a muslim can only defend themselves when they are threatened with thier life, they can fight back, its called self defense and yes back then when the ruling was established to "kill the infadels" god was making it ok for muslims to protect
themselves. you need to read the entire story of that war and then maybe, just maybe it will make more sense and you can stop criticizing a muslims way of life

Old 05-21-2010, 06:34 PM

67 posts, read 107,150 times
If Islam is a peaceful religion, why are all the terrorists Muslim? As far as I know, killing 3000 people because you disagree with their culture is not peaceful.

Even the most peaceful Muslims think of the people who want to destroy the US as heroes.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:00 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,154,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
yet another person who actually listens and repeats whats said on tv. give me a break. beating women? seriously? there would be no women in islam if they knew they had a chance of even getting a hand laid on them. u looked really ignorant right there buddy and you just proved u listen to what the media says, good job
The eventual outcome if a wife does not do what her husband says, is a beating...

Throwing the word out "ignorant", and using it as an umbrella term is very silly.

EXPLAIN: What is he ignorant of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nUI3TUdFCk

Old 05-21-2010, 07:02 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,154,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I'd like to see a lot more of it. If there was just some way to keep them from brainwashing their infants and small children with that stuff.
Unfortunately you can't do that without infringing on their human rights. So all we can do, is raise awareness..

Old 05-21-2010, 08:20 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,131,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Emmad View Post
In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful. Praise be to Allah, and may his peace and blessings be upon Muhammad and upon his household and companions, and all those who follow him.

Islam is religion of peace, love and kindness. It does not permit any kind of violence. It has nothing to do with terrorism. But now a days Islamic enemies are doing a planned propaganda against Islam and Muslims by portraying a wrong picture of Islam and linking Jihad to terrorism.

In Holy Quran Allah has made clear instruction regarding jihad and has strictly forbidden any kind of offensive action against the innocents.

Allah Says in Quran: Fight in the path of God those who fight you, but do not aggress. Surely God does not love the aggressors. And fight them where you come upon them, and send them out from where they have sent you out, for persecution is a worse thing than fighting. And do not fight them at the Sacred Mosque (in Mecca) unless they fight you there, but if they fight you, and then fight them back. That is the reward of the rejectors. Then if they cease, so God is All-Forgiving, Gentle. And fight them until there is no more persecution and the religion is for God. But if they cease, so let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. - Surah al-Baqarat verses 190-193

It is the duty of every Muslim to give the world the true picture of Islam by practicing the teaching of Quran and Sunnah.
I mean no disrespect, but I am curious about something, and maybe you can provide your perspective and opinion. First, I know that not all Muslims are terrorists. To make that assertion would be ignorant and confused.

Having said that, why have most of the terrorist acts of late been committed by Muslims? Why do so many Muslims put so little value on human life, even the lives of their own children, and advocate for suicide bombings and other terrorist acts?

If Islam is a religion of peace, why does it seem to non-Muslims like so many Muslims, all over the world, are dedicated to the concept of terror and violence? While all religions have the extremists and those who go off the reservation, it seems like doing so is a mainstream act for muslims. How do you explain the overwhelming use of violence and terror by Muslims all over the world? The killing of innocent civilians? The willingness to put their religious zeal over any nationality or notion of civility?

We don't see thousands of Christians joining terrorist groups and sending kids out to blow up buses and crowded markets. We don't see Bhuddists out there with RPGs and AK-47s. We don't see Hindus parking SUVs in Times Square full of explosives. We don't see Jews flying planes into buildings.

So why, over and over, do we see Muslims doing these things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam