U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 AM

9,024 posts, read 8,443,571 times

Advertisements

OMG!!! Random verses (sura?) from the Koran! It is all clear to me now.

Of course I will suddenly recant everything that I have ever thought about the world based upon these words and convert to Islam.

At least until somebody gives me a copy of the Watchtower or tells me that Jesus loves me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 10:59 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,560,432 times
At least this time it was right out in the open: "My words are to non-Muslims."

Unfortunately, this business of trying to make a case for Islam isn't such a great strategy. Partly because the boy cries wolf over and over again--how many threads in this forum are just excuses for trying to convert people? And partly because it's delivered with all the gentleness and subtlety of a hammer blow.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:57 PM

11,798 posts, read 22,002,434 times
The words are posted for non-Muslims, but immediately going to the Quran and presenting verses from it with no comments showing us why we should give it any credence is risible. He isn't making a case for Islam at all, and neither has anyone else here. It's all in terms of 'because the book says so'.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:15 PM

1,719 posts, read 3,723,188 times
Dear Lord God, Allah, Yahweh or whatever you are called,

I pity your followers because they are either indoctrinated from birth and never have a chance to question and come to you through their own wisdom, or they usually come to you as troubled young people who need a group to belong to. They cling to your religion because it is all they have known or they are looking for something to give structure to their lives. Either way, they are deluded and weak buffoons.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,560,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post

I pity your followers because they are either indoctrinated from birth and never have a chance to question and come to you through their own wisdom, or they usually come to you as troubled young people who need a group to belong to. They cling to your religion because it is all they have known or they are looking for something to give structure to their lives. Either way, they are deluded and weak buffoons.
You must be one hell of a special person, since you obviously separate yourself from everyone else. Do you think any other living, breathing human being is going to put much faith in your pity?

Old 05-26-2010, 05:24 PM

397 posts, read 535,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post

wow, so what your saying is that everyone who believes in any type of god is weak? sounds like your more judgemental than any religous person ive ever met. and you want me to disbelieve in my way of life so i can THINK im better than everyone else and judge people for what they believe. no thanks id rather hold on to my morals and respect rather than look like someone who thinks they know everything and judges people before they even know them. and supposibly atheist have morals? you just proved they didnt... o wait no its only islam that you point out a group of people and say their entire religion follows it... riiight... and people say its 'religion' thats the problem. its never been religion. its people like you religous or not.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You must be one hell of a special person, since you obviously separate yourself from everyone else. Do you think any other living, breathing human being is going to put much faith in your pity?
It's just my personal opinion, bub. I don't much care if someone else appreciates it or not.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
wow, so what your saying is that everyone who believes in any type of god is weak? sounds like your more judgemental than any religous person ive ever met. and you want me to disbelieve in my way of life so i can THINK im better than everyone else and judge people for what they believe. no thanks id rather hold on to my morals and respect rather than look like someone who thinks they know everything and judges people before they even know them. and supposibly atheist have morals? you just proved they didnt... o wait no its only islam that you point out a group of people and say their entire religion follows it... riiight... and people say its 'religion' thats the problem. its never been religion. its people like you religous or not.
First of all, your grammar, spelling and sentence structure is so atrocious that it is difficult to discern what you are trying to say. But, I think that I may have extrapolated the gist of it.

I never said that I was better than anybody else. However, my observations on the vast majority of religious people (but not all) still stands.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 PM

14,810 posts, read 14,022,029 times
Here are my thoughts about Islam.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 AM

251 posts, read 373,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Do you folk have any thoughts for yourselves? Or is everything in your mind a cut'n paste from the Quoran?

we have folk Koran is our constitution that by Opens the horizon for us towards the world and the Hereafter ........Gives the perception of ourselves to the maximum extent ...

How about just posting *one* verse, and then your personal opinion and interpretation, or a cute story about it, or how it affected you personally.

one verse " My personal opinion and The opinion of every Muslim who converted to Islam That Islam achieve total submission to ONE Lord it is allah (god) So God calls people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians in this verse to Submit to the Lord and one "there is no god but allah " and "Bear witness that we are Muslims." WHY? because word islam means "total submission"

Something *more* than just rote regurgitation.
Koran is not only read but is read and interpretation that include the world of life and the hereafter

who read quran would be amazing of its comprehensiveness and Content

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam