U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2010, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Earth, Milky Way
290 posts, read 342,915 times
Reputation: 128

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
they believe the unseen/unkown evidence will 'someday' be found...

agree or disagree??
How is it any different from believing that 'someday' you will stand in front of Allah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2010, 09:02 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,839 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
How is it any different from believing that 'someday' you will stand in front of Allah?
because obviously you die one day.

but youll never find what your looking for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,701 posts, read 11,843,780 times
Reputation: 3727
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
my point is theres things that are unknown and those unknown things are needed to prove the theory right? or else by now it wouldnt b a theory
School is in session. In scientific terms a (T)heory does not lie somewhere on a scale of certainty, so that if it is confirmed it doesn't go up in certainty and gets changed to fact or law or whatever. The Theory is the overarching explanation encompassing all the facts, observations and laws. If a Scientific Theory is confirmed over and over and shown to true, it is always referred to as a Theory. It is what explains all the facts and laws and observations. The General Theory of Relativity has been consistantly confirmed numerous times in the predictions that it makes, on grand scales, and it is still the GToR. Even if a Theory is proven (which in and of itself is not the right word) it is still called Theory. Think of it this way. Are you familiar with the subject of Music Theory. It was a class that was offered in my high school. It explains how music works, you know, chords, keys, major and minor, dissonance, circle of fifths, etc. Should I have told the music theory teacher that I didn't believe in music, because it is just a theory? Of course not, that wouldn't make any sense, much like your argument. Theory in this sense is not used in the vernacular sense as you are using it. That theory is simply a guess, an entirely different usage and meaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,377,077 times
Reputation: 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
reasons why i think this...

the theory of evolution has not even been fulfilled yet but yet people believe in it...

they believe the unseen/unkown evidence will 'someday' be found...

agree or disagree??
Disagree of course. It's been fully observed and documented ,and your fervent denials will do nothing to change that. The evidence is in, frankly,. You just haven't read and considered it, or didn't want to.

Say; didn't I politely ask you a question recently? Where you'd show us your knowledge of some aspect of Evolutlon, which you so often debate and/or deny. It's hard to do that if you actually have no true technical understanding of it, don't you agree?

Why don't you go back and find my question and give it your best shot before I have to go after your logic here, bit by bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
 
397 posts, read 534,839 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Disagree of course. It's been fully observed and documented ,and your fervent denials will do nothing to change that. The evidence is in, frankly,. You just haven't read and considered it, or didn't want to.

Say; didn't I politely ask you a question recently? Where you'd show us your knowledge of some aspect of Evolutlon, which you so often debate and/or deny. It's hard to do that if you actually have no true technical understanding of it, don't you agree?

Why don't you go back and find my question and give it your best shot before I have to go after your logic here, bit by bit?
some aspect of evolution... like what i mean theres so many. ive seen alot of things on evolution but even just the idea that organization just happened is unbelievable. your going to go after my logic? bit by bit? is that supposed to be some kind of way to try and scare me? id love to see you try but honestly if you bring up the same things that everyone else brings up im just not even going to respond because im so tired of people thinking they know something about islam and then posting some contradiction or the house of war crap. its a really good attempt, until it became one of the questions i kept answering over and over and over... beating women, suicide, terrorism, whatever. id really LOVE to see what you got if its something new because id like to see what kinda theories you guys are coming up with to try and disprove what i believe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 01:57 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,839 posts, read 7,901,918 times
Reputation: 12690
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
im saying gravity can be disproven, by someone who knows alot more about science than i do.
I'll tell you what. Go jump off a cliff, and then you can discuss the falsity of the theory of gravity with the person that mislead you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
your just not making sense, your confusing the hell out of me.
Sukrill, I am not an atheist, nor a muslim, nor do I believe in the theory of evolution. But the fact of the matter here is that you are trying to bite off way more than you can possibly chew. You may, or may not recognize this fact, but you are currently debating with several of the most prominent atheists on this forum. I realize that there are cultural differences for you that make this issue just that much harder to defend considering your adversaries. Before you begin a thread of this nature, you need to come to the table with a full deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
ive seen alot of things on evolution but even just the idea that organization just happened is unbelievable. your going to go after my logic? bit by bit? is that supposed to be some kind of way to try and scare me? id love to see you try but honestly if you bring up the same things that everyone else brings up im just not even going to respond because im so tired of people thinking they know something about islam.
Once again, Sukrill, what is unbelievable to you is not enough weaponry to bring to the table. Their argument against you has nothing to do with being against Islam. Trust me, atheists spend much more time trying to disprove Christianity. They despise the concept of a god in general. Do not take this personally. I reject Allah, and atheists reject my belief in a heavenly father (Jesus Christ). We all believe what we want to believe. Maybe I'm right, maybe they are, or maybe you are. The fact of the matter is that you cannot keep up with this discussion, so save yourself the embarassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 04:04 AM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,733,905 times
Reputation: 591
I think we have establish that the theory of evolution, doesn't require religious faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 05:13 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,509,092 times
Reputation: 258
Lightbulb It takes faith in learning the Platonic virtues.

Evolution ideals are not faithful to living the Other; they are faithful in the unfaith of doubting progress separating the World experienced in fanatical devotion to the others we know around us. We really have no reason to believe anything more than "Life will find a way against the food chain." and better, "the time of reintroducing the species of Need into the eco-system is realizing that He will be there for Them for the chemical difference of profit motivated ambition."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,769 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Is there over a million dollars in my bank? Could be proven right or wrong by looking at the balance.

Gplex, and everyone here ...

look, The human *body* and *spirit* OK?

The presence of the body we all believe in As we see it

But the *spirit* we believe but do not see it not hear no evident

are You believe in a spirit but allah NO?!!


imanway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,972,538 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
reasons why i think this...

the theory of evolution has not even been fulfilled yet but yet people believe in it...

they believe the unseen/unkown evidence will 'someday' be found...

agree or disagree??
Disagree, we see lots of evidence, we seen it at a rapid pace as different microbes 'evolve' as they become immune to our antibiotics. We see it in the fossils, the prehistoric birds, horses, and see the similarities and the differences with today's evolved versions. Same for us, from early man to the mug you see in the mirror every morning.

We know that cosmic rays are bombarding our cells all the time, and that it can alter DNA, sometimes with devastating results, mainly cancer, but it can alter want is passed on to the next generation.

Evolution is based on environment, and cosmic rays are part of that. The Sherpas in Nepal deal very well with high altitudes, altitudes that make other ill, and weak.
Quote:
It has been speculated that a portion of the Sherpas' climbing ability is the result of a genetic adaptation to living in high altitudes. Some of these adaptations include unique hemoglobin-binding enzymes, doubled nitric oxide production, hearts that can utilize glucose, and lungs with an increased sensitivity to low oxygen.
That my friend is evolution, documented, and recent as they have been there only about 400 years.

Absolute 100% proof, no it is still an ongoing process, but evolution is clearly a very safe bet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherpa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top