U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,956,874 times

Advertisements

A lot of kids at St. Andrews end up seriously messed-up. In particular, these are kids who have no business around Episcopalians. They're outclassed, and end up acting-out, because of their inferiority. I've picked-up the kids of associates from St. Andrews, and sitting in the car observing, noticed that the kids' heads are shaped quite unlike those of the usual Celtic Mississippians. I'm not white, but can tell the difference between races of white people. And, from what I've seen, St. Andrews is appropriate for those descended from Vikings and Semites. My guess is that the culture at the school is for traditional upper and upper-middle class people. New-rich kids generally have no business there.

Prep and JA are both great schools, and more appropriate for people not of the 'Cavalier' tradition.

By moving to Madison, we were able to keep our kids in (excellent) public schools. The money we saved gave us money to expand and invest. That's one reason why I'm sitting pretty, up here in Oregon. Caveat: rotten kids get ARRESTED in Madison. And dumb kids flunk out, there. If your offspring are not well-behaved and smart, Madison Public Schools are a huge mistake. Lots of people (with rotten kids) move back to Jackson, where they belong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPowe View Post
It would be nice if JA has managed to change for the better.
JA hasn't. They got the Pat Taylor from St Paul's as headmaster and his background is far from pristine. I know the following story to be 100% true:

I was a student of St Paul's Episcopal school back in the 80s when
Pat Taylor was the headmaster of the middle school. He dealt me irrevocable
harm. I was 12, suffering from severe mental illness, and a brain injury (I
had a calcified lesion in my meninges over my parietal lobe). Pat Taylor
noted many signs of abuse and neglect in the child and her mother, however
he never reported the mother, not even when a valued employee, Aurelia Jones,
witnessed the mother abusing the child in front of the school while the child
cried hysterically.

The mother needed reporting, because the child needed medical attention.

A calcified lesion of the meninges over the parietal lobe caused the behavioral
problems. It needed to be removed. It was never found until the child was an adult, at age 37. Other problems the child had were a choroid plexes tumor, a deviated septum, major nasal deformity, facial bone deformities, PTSD, and anxiety. Furthermore, the child was dropped off before 7am at school and picked up around 5pm. The child constantly complained of headaches, migraines, stomach aches, etc and was never taken to get an MRI.

The congenital problems were never found because the mother suspected the child had mental illness and did not want it noted on the child's chart for insurance and educational reasons. She forced the doctor (Dr Steven Harper of Mobile, AL) go along with her plans and she even talked Pat Taylor into going along with it too. He committed a misdemeanor by not reporting child neglect and abuse.

However, now the truth is known. Join me in asking the Jackson Academy
administration to request Pat Taylor's resignation due to his lying
about never having committed a felony or misdemeanor when he was hired.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM

43 posts, read 84,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roostercrows2012 View Post
JA hasn't. They got the Pat Taylor from St Paul's as headmaster and his background is far from pristine. I know the following story to be 100% true:

I was a student of St Paul's Episcopal school back in the 80s when
Pat Taylor was the headmaster of the middle school. He dealt me irrevocable
harm. I was 12, suffering from severe mental illness, and a brain injury (I
had a calcified lesion in my meninges over my parietal lobe). Pat Taylor
noted many signs of abuse and neglect in the child and her mother, however
he never reported the mother, not even when a valued employee, Aurelia Jones,
witnessed the mother abusing the child in front of the school while the child
cried hysterically.

The mother needed reporting, because the child needed medical attention.

A calcified lesion of the meninges over the parietal lobe caused the behavioral
problems. It needed to be removed. It was never found until the child was an adult, at age 37. Other problems the child had were a choroid plexes tumor, a deviated septum, major nasal deformity, facial bone deformities, PTSD, and anxiety. Furthermore, the child was dropped off before 7am at school and picked up around 5pm. The child constantly complained of headaches, migraines, stomach aches, etc and was never taken to get an MRI.

The congenital problems were never found because the mother suspected the child had mental illness and did not want it noted on the child's chart for insurance and educational reasons. She forced the doctor (Dr Steven Harper of Mobile, AL) go along with her plans and she even talked Pat Taylor into going along with it too. He committed a misdemeanor by not reporting child neglect and abuse.

However, now the truth is known. Join me in asking the Jackson Academy
administration to request Pat Taylor's resignation due to his lying
about never having committed a felony or misdemeanor when he was hired.
I dare say lots of other people were in a much better to see this than Pat Taylor. Was this mother tried and convicted? Are you really claiming that the doctor told Taylor "this child has a tumor but we're going to pretend he's mentally ill"?

This just doesn't add up. Most headmasters see the younger kids only fleetingly. They certainly don't do physical exams on them. I just have a hard time laying all this on this man, who I don't even know.

Best of luck to you, though.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen-golf View Post
I am relocating to the Jackson area (Madison/Ridgeland) and considering St Andrews or Jackson Academy for my children. I am leaning toward St Andrews as the curriculum seems a bit more rigorous in the upper grades. Can anyone share their experiences with either school. Thanks.
Since it has been almost 2 years from your original post I would like to hear your opinion on the education systems here in the Metro area. Did you look at public schools? Have you been pleased with your choice? Has anything surprised you?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM

Madison's public schools allowed us to avoid private school tuition for the latter part of our kids' pre-college days. That left us money to invest. But I'd caution you that dumb or academically-delayed kids are very unhappy in that system, and badly-behaved ones end up being squashed like toads. Lots of moving vans head back into Jackson, when little Cody Jason and Destiny Cherish get busted a few times. If the police don't come for them at school, they get arrested driving badly through town (a loud muffler will get you pulled-over and drug-searched...and drag-racing might as well have the Death Penalty attached. Plenty of metro scum are afraid to even drive THROUGH Madison.)

Anyway, Prep turns out well-adjusted, high-earning, ostensibly happy, wholesome folk. St. Andrews has a rep for turning out druggies, flakes, disappointments, 'philosophers'. I know zero Prep grads who smoke. I know of several SA grads who smoke. I remember when one group of SA boys got a female classmate hooked on some drug. Her parents kicked her out of the house, and she ended up basically the boys' community 'ho'. Somebody was parroting the mom of one of the boys: "No, our boys are HELPIN' that girl! It's not like they're 'doin' her or anything." I believe they were 'helpin' her, in the old Alamo Motel, out in South Jackson.

And it's not like SA is free of Football Disease. Both schools are sports-crazy. And SA is too big, now to be selective. So it cannot be exclusive. Plenty of rich rednecks and white trash send their kids there. There's so much sleazy garbage associated with the sports culture at those private schools (cheerleaders, 'homecoming'...), you might as well be at a public school, except for academic standards and safety from violent....ahem....'persons'.

If I had to pick, I'd pick Prep.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:43 PM

1,867 posts, read 2,974,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Madison's public schools allowed us to avoid private school tuition for the latter part of our kids' pre-college days.
Did you forget that you replied to this thread a year ago, saying the very same thing?

And a year later, JA is still almost all white.
And due to the economy, JA, Prep, and SA are all hurting for students.

But the real shame is that the OP zen-golf never returned to this thread to tell us his choice, and how his kids have fared.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Did you forget that you replied to this thread a year ago, saying the very same thing?

I take it your Master's is not in Comparative Literature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson