U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 PM

89 posts, read 219,901 times

Advertisements

Age 25-35? I have a few girl friends who live in the area and have no luck finding someone to date. They are educated, funny, self-supporting, independent and beautiful. Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 PM

1,100 posts, read 2,594,926 times
Probably the gym (The Courthouse), church (big booming churches in Madison, Ridgeland, and Flowood probably), running trails by the Reservoir, grocery stores (nicest if the Fresh Market at the Renaissance), clothing stores like the Rogue, outdoors stores like Buffalo Peaks, and bars (Nick's and Bravo's are two good ones, AJ's in Ridgeland is nice).

Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 PM

53 posts, read 121,697 times
I moved to St Louis!!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM

1,960 posts, read 3,148,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio View Post
Probably the gym (The Courthouse), church (big booming churches in Madison, Ridgeland, and Flowood probably), running trails by the Reservoir, grocery stores (nicest if the Fresh Market at the Renaissance), clothing stores like the Rogue, outdoors stores like Buffalo Peaks, and bars (Nick's and Bravo's are two good ones, AJ's in Ridgeland is nice).
So you mentioned gym, church, grocery stores, and expensive clothing stores. Did you NOT see that she said "straight"?!?!

LOL!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:30 AM

Thanks for the suggestions brickpatio. They aren't into the bar scene so that one's out. To brettmc-now why did you up and move to St. Louis? LOL! And yes, JacksonPanther, the key word is "straight". Ha!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 PM

33 posts, read 61,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
So you mentioned gym, church, grocery stores, and expensive clothing stores. Did you NOT see that she said "straight"?!?!

LOL!
Haha nice one. But the only one on the list where the men might not be straight is expensive clothing stores. But they could just be a professional buying suits!

Old 01-19-2011, 01:44 PM

53 posts, read 121,697 times
I'm a victim of the economy...lost my job there and stl was the first place I found that was hiring. It's worked out very well for me tho. Do they want to move? ;-)

Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 PM

They are all currently employed and don't have any plans to relocate at this time. I'm glad St. Louis has worked out for you.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:42 PM

145 posts, read 565,136 times
The truth is that Mississippi is still very traditional when it comes to dating. If you want to meet someone, you do it the old-fashioned way by having someone introduce you. Sitting in bars or staking men out at stores just isn't how it's done. Instead, why not have someone throw a party where you invite an equal number of girls & guys. Or, have these ladies get involved in some kind of organization or club. Jackson YP's (Young Professionals) have monthly luncheons and lots of after-hours social activities; plenty of opportunities to mingle and get to know people as friends first.

Someone else mentioned the mega-churches. Pinelake out in Brandon has a strong singles program. It's supposed to for spiritual enrichment, but I know there's a lot of match-making, too.

Unless you have a strong social network in Mississippi, you're going to be dateless.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:36 PM

13 posts, read 17,736 times
Well, most of the single white men are with guys. You have limited yourself by seeing color first, search the heart of people and you will find out people are people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or