U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:32 PM

308 posts, read 1,086,398 times
Arrow Area & Hotel Suggestions - Jackson, MS

My husband is headed to Jackson, MS for business. He is an insurance adjuster and will be working all around the area. I need advice on the best area of town for him to stay.

I am looking for affordable but clean and in a clean, safe area of town. He needs access to restaurants/fast food, Wal-mart/etc., and a really good gym nearby. He likes gyms with good weight rooms - he is not big on all the machines. He will need easy access to the freeway system.

The gym is important to him.

There seem to be a lot of hotels in the Pearl area. Is this a good area to stay? Is there a good gym in this area?

What about Flowood, Clinton, and North Jackson? Can anyone tell me about these areas?

If anyone has any recs for a particular hotel, please share. I normally try to book him at hotels that provide a discount the longer you stay.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 02:19 PM

186 posts, read 373,881 times
Just saw this one after posting in the other thread. The Hilton Garden Inn located in Madison is right off the interstate (west). It is near Wal-Mart, Kroger, several restaurants, and a large Malco movie theatre. Drive east across the interstate a short distance and there is a Courthouse Gym location. This one is 24 hours except closed 12 hours from midnight - noon Sunday. There is also a Club right up the street from it that is also 24 hrs.

Flowood has several newer hotels near a YMCA (a Courthouse location also) on Lakeland Drive, go across the reservoir into Ridgeland and there is a Club on Lake Harbour. There is a mall, and numerous restaurants. A little more difficult to get to the interstate and traffic is an issue in the morning and afternoon.

Ridgeland - I'd suggest the Hyatt Place near Renaissance. Right off the interstate. Drive to the Wal-Mart in Madison and near more upscale restaurants. Drive into Madison for fast food options. There is also an Embassy Suites, but it is a little higher priced.

County Line road in Ridgeland has some options near the interstate, but it wouldnt be my choice. Pretty congested with traffic and would take some time to get to a gym.

Pearl - Out by Trustmark Park is a good location (especially if he wants to catch a minor league baseball game to pass the time). Bass Pro Shop is located there along with restaurants and Sam's Club. Wal-Mart and a gym would be a little bit of a drive, but it is close to the interstate.

I would generally suggest staying out of hotels inside the Jackson city limits. If access to the gym is a top priority, I'd go with the Hilton Garden Inn located in Madison first, and one of the Flowood Hotels second.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Thanks. Is there an decent area to stay near a Quest gym?

Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM

What about the area around the Best Western off Beasley?

Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM

186 posts, read 373,881 times
I wouldn't stay in the area around Beasley. I would stay out of the Jackson city limits. As far as Quest goes, I haven't heard of it, but if it is Quest Fitness, based on the two locations I saw in the yellow pages, I would avoid those areas.

Regarding Flowood, the hotels I was referencing were behind Lowe's. There are also a couple near the airport that offer easier access to I-20 and aren't too far from the Lakeland location of the Courthouse. (Sorry, I know this doesn't tell you much as far as my landmarks go).

Clinton may have some options, but I'm not that familiar with the area.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:47 PM

64 posts, read 134,995 times
Check out Knockout Fitness and MMA in Flowood. Great gym, 24 hour access. One of the few 24 hour gyms with showers and sauna. All brand new equipment, plenty of free weights. Message me for more info if you need it.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM

44 posts, read 68,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by covedweller View Post
I wouldn't stay in the area around Beasley. I would stay out of the Jackson city limits. As far as Quest goes, I haven't heard of it, but if it is Quest Fitness, based on the two locations I saw in the yellow pages, I would avoid those areas.

Regarding Flowood, the hotels I was referencing were behind Lowe's. There are also a couple near the airport that offer easier access to I-20 and aren't too far from the Lakeland location of the Courthouse. (Sorry, I know this doesn't tell you much as far as my landmarks go).

Clinton may have some options, but I'm not that familiar with the area.
Cosign.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,435 times
The Hilton-Jackson, on County Line Road is a very nice hotel and in a great location! 601-957-2800

Old 05-29-2011, 04:22 PM

5 posts, read 8,209 times
Don't stay at the Extended Stay America off I-55 North exit 100. We stayed there for 3 months & the people who stay there are all drug dealers, prostitutes & thieves. It is very unsafe & they have no security.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:06 PM

552 posts, read 386,074 times
The Hilton Garden Inn and the Marriot in downtown Jackson are nice hotels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson