U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 09:04 AM

51 posts, read 110,367 times

Advertisements

I love Mississippi! 20 days and I will be home. I have been visiting Utah for over 20 years Moving to Clinton for a teaching job. Happy Days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 AM

105 posts, read 224,087 times
Just make sure you have a good A/C :-) We are running about a month ahead on hot temps.
Yesterday we set a record at 98. Today will pass the old record of 97 I am sure.

Welcome back home !!

Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 AM

64 posts, read 202,526 times
Welcome! It's hot. But it's still a great place. Renting or buying?

Old 06-04-2011, 04:25 PM

I am going to rent until I get a feel for where I want to live. I have tons of family in Hattisburg and lafayette la...but have never lived in Clinton. We have been freezing in Utah! Had snow June 1st. It was 42 degrees yesterday morning when I left for work.(school is out June 9th) Today is nice... low 70s. I don't know about 98 and humid...oh my...yep it better have good A/C. It's central air so hoping it's good. I rented in May right after the tornado and it was nice weather. I went to the visitor's center and they told me it was cooler than normal. Heat, bugs, and all, I am happy to get home and closer to family. Thanks for the welcome

Old 06-04-2011, 05:31 PM

64 posts, read 202,526 times
You'll enjoy it. If you get ready to buy, pm me here. I can help with the mortgage and can refer you to a good realtor. Again, welcome.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:11 PM

93 posts, read 181,320 times
Welcome home! I have friends in Clinton and they love it.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:34 PM

I'm here What a trip! It's hot but I have good A/C . My furniture is in and my washer and dryer was installed today. Things are looking good. My cousins will be here for a welcome visit tomorrow, and I've already attended new teacher training...off until August 3rd. I have met some wonderful folks and made new friends. I love Clinton.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 PM

5 posts, read 11,143 times
Default Moving to Clinton

Happy for you sad for me. I love Clinton we have lived here for several years now but my hubby is getting PCSed out of here in a couple of months. Clinton has a lot of great areas but I highly recommend the Trailwood area lots of great people over there!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:30 PM

Sorry you have to leave Clinton, I am really enjoying the area. The only problem I've had is a cracked windshield!!! I noticed a lot of other cracked windshields too. I am not sure where the trailwood area is. I'm not planning on buying for awhile. I joined a writing club and a church and will start working soon (I'm a teacher) so I have had the chance to meet some great people. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly. When you leave Clinton I hope you get to move to an area as great. I'm not sure what PCSed out means. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson