U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM

62 posts, read 126,954 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any haunted forests or haunted houses in Mississippi I can go to for Halloween? Preferably somewhere near the Jackson area. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 PM

352 posts, read 602,322 times
I was just down in Mississippi a few weeks ago and picked up a book called "The Haunting of Mississippi". It listed two places near Jackson: the Old Capitol Museum in Jackson and the Chapel of the Cross in Madison.

But if you want to drive to Natchez, there were a bunch of places.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM

629 posts, read 1,421,576 times
Natchez is your best bet..it's only about 1.5 hrs from Jackson down the Natchez Trace. Go to King's Tavern..we have been. Very creepy. Google it. It has a very interesting history. There are several mansions in the area that are also reported as haunted so you would have plenty to pick from.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:44 PM

9,326 posts, read 18,980,034 times
If you want a weekend getaway, St Francisville, LA is beautiful and is the location for reputedly one of the most haunted houses around, The Myrtles:
The Myrtles Plantation

Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM

2,773 posts, read 3,677,539 times
Just curious, but are you talking about a literal haunted house/forest, where people claim to have seen actual ghosts, or are you asking about one of the commercial deals where they decorate an old building and hire actors to play ghosts and goblins?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 PM

62 posts, read 126,954 times
Thanks for the info.

Well, I was looking for a commercial place where they hire people but the real haunted houses seem pretty sweet too. Woulnt mind checking those out.

Anyone ever heard of the TerrorTest?

Old 10-09-2011, 03:51 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,906,882 times
I've heard that this is one of the best haunted houses in the region. The guy who does it is in the concert production business, and this is his hobby. It has grown a bit over the years!

The Cauldron of Invention

Edited to add: You may want to call ahead to make sure that he's still doing the show. It's been a while since we've been in touch.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:50 AM

6 posts, read 17,569 times
As far as genuinely haunted houses go, if you are in Jackson, try Terry Road, McDowell Road, or Medgar Evars Blvd. They have documented cases of ghosts and goblins occupying several of the houses. Sometimes the residents put bars on their windows and front doors to try and keep the spirits out, but lately ghosts have become pretty adept at passing through the metal bars.

Last month, 9 ghost sightings were investigated and verified by the EPA. The plasma index for several houses near the railroad tracks were supposedly "unmeasurable" by the Geiger counters. Spooky stuff!

Old 12-27-2013, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,295 times
I have been having a lot if occurrences in my house in Wright's Mill in Madison, Ms. Does anyone know what may have happened around here? House backs up to Rice Rd.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:31 PM

432 posts, read 501,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKTM View Post
I have been having a lot if occurrences in my house in Wright's Mill in Madison, Ms. Does anyone know what may have happened around here? House backs up to Rice Rd.
What kind of occurrences? Where in your house do they occur and how frequently? Do you know if the previous owners, if there were any, also experienced anything unusual? Is there any time of day in which these unusual things happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson