Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,601 times

Advertisements

I am a single dad and the company I am employed with is based in Madison Mississippi. Due to a job transfer I will be relocating there.

I am looking to rent a 3 bedroom home for a year or so for about $1000.00 a month until I get settled and buy a home. I have heard Ridgeland is nice and Flora is a nice new up and comming community. Any info on the schools and housing market in Flora?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 09:05 PM

3 posts, read 13,886 times
Either one of the three are good locations. Since you have kids, Madison may be the best location since it has better schools.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 AM

29 posts, read 152,228 times
[SIZE=2]I am from Jackson and I would personally prefer to live in Madison; however, I don't know if it is possible to rent a home there for $1K a month. I have heard that Ridgeland has nice neighborhoods and the rankings show that they have good school districts, but I still am stunned that Flora is supposed to now be a nice area. Maybe there are parts of Flora outside of the very poor areas that I have seen.[/SIZE]

Old 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,403 times
Default GeorgeCo.girl

I agree with Memphistransfer. Ridgeland may be your best option for that price range. Madison is possible also but harder to find. Flora is within that price range but in my opinion the commute and schools are not as good as Ridgeland or Madison. I live in Madison so I am partial, but it really is a nice growing city. One of the top 10 best towns.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 21,763 times
Default Ridgeland vs Madison

We relocated here this past summer, and after doing some checking around, decided that we would enroll our 16year old daugher in Ridgeland HS...its alot smaller than Madison, and I think the smaller school really helped our daughter adjust. There are around 800 students at Ridgeland compared to more like 1200 at Madison (I think...). Ridgeland a great High School and the staff are super friendly and helpful, atleast that has been our experience! I like the shopping much more in Madison than Ridgeland though.
We thought that the rent for a house was very high in both Madison and Ridgeland, around 1200-1400 a month. We chose to move into Pear Orchard apartments and rented a 3 bedroom, 2 bath apt for $820 a month, and it was a good experience for us. We bought a house in Traceridge Subdivision this past November, and absolutely love it here. We found that the farther towards Madison you get, the nicer the area.
Hope that your move goes well, whether you chose Ridgeland or Madison, they are both so very close together, you get the best of both worlds!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:02 PM

4 posts, read 6,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjae View Post
We relocated here this past summer, and after doing some checking around, decided that we would enroll our 16year old daugher in Ridgeland HS...its alot smaller than Madison, and I think the smaller school really helped our daughter adjust. There are around 800 students at Ridgeland compared to more like 1200 at Madison (I think...). Ridgeland a great High School and the staff are super friendly and helpful, atleast that has been our experience! I like the shopping much more in Madison than Ridgeland though.
We thought that the rent for a house was very high in both Madison and Ridgeland, around 1200-1400 a month. We chose to move into Pear Orchard apartments and rented a 3 bedroom, 2 bath apt for $820 a month, and it was a good experience for us. We bought a house in Traceridge Subdivision this past November, and absolutely love it here. We found that the farther towards Madison you get, the nicer the area.
Hope that your move goes well, whether you chose Ridgeland or Madison, they are both so very close together, you get the best of both worlds!
My son graduated from Madison Central and my daughter from Ridgeland High School. Though both schools are great I like Ridgeland better because it was smaller. Sometimes the schools are too big. I too live in Traceridge subdivision and I like Ridgeland a lot. The people are friendly and it is small town living at it's best. The new Renaissance shopping center is very nice and offers the same shops offered in the more metropolitan cities. This is a very easy and comfortable place to live and I hope you make a smooth transition. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson