U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 10:41 PM

55 posts, read 110,684 times

Advertisements

Dear Residents,

Please help me look for temporary housing/rental in a safe neighborhood about 15 minutes from Canton, MS.

I'm looking for a 2 bedroom apartment (furnished if possible) w/ a budget of $2500/month.

Location: Has to be in Safe and nice neighborhood and preferably 15 minutes commute to Canton.

Specific Requirements:
1) Safe and quiet neighborhood. 2 or 3 bedroom with 2 bath and 1,000+ sq ft area
2) Fully furnished if possible (gym, laundry, equipped kitchen, furnitures, tennis court, etc).
3) Would like to stay active, so prefer convenient access to walking/jogging/biking path
4) Walking/Short driving distance to bookstore, library, shopping mall, restaurants

If you have a budget of $2500/month, where would you stay? Please help me by leaving weblink or name/contact information for such place. ? I'm looking for something similar to the Township (Ridgeland)...

Thank you so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 AM

3,138 posts, read 3,959,269 times
Why don't you just call a realtor? They'll be happy to hook you up, for that kind of money. And why don't you just move to the Township, or to Lost Rabbit? (Here's one within your range. And I will add that if you can't stand listening to the twangy 'Hard-R' of the Missippi Houn'-dawg Tarpaper Shack accent, you really should move to another state... because this is what you'll be hearing all day long, every day, when dealing with the more intelligent of the area's two primary demographic groups : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtH3Y1aWMQQ ) And with that kind of money, you already know you can rent (or buy) a luxury home in Madison County, join a Gym, rent furnishings, and engage a lawn service to handle everything.

I think I may know the reason. Are you actually a developer trying to build a "luxury" complex in Madison? Bait and Switch? (promises of "Luxury", followed by paper-thin walls and an instant slum) Trying to convince some board in Madison that there's some huge market out there, not being addressed?

Anyway, you've already answered your question, and your stated "needs" are already being addressed at The Township. The tiny number of non-retired individuals seeking a true luxury apartment in Madison County can rent at The Township.... or rent a condo at Lost Rabbit. Or, one can stay on the Interstate for another ten minutes and rent a unit in one of the luxury developments in Jackson.

And then, there's 'The Breakers' on the Reservoir (which, despite the disgusting word 'reservoir', is actually a beautiful manmade lake... just in case you're not a developer who would already know that). And there are plenty of other apartment complexes on the 'Big Water'... already "Luxury", and already built... and you'll probably have a thousand Dollars or so left over, every month, to put in the bank.

Anyone from Madison who reads your post can see what's up. As an investor in (office/retail) developments, who's tried this sort of thing (in other markets - manipulating consensus), I can assure you that the Powers That Be in Madison (and the thousands of highly literate and highly motivated people who live there) can and do recognize a "plant".

Truth is, the ONLY milieu like you're describing is at The Township. It was designed for the "New Urbanism Market". That's it... for the entire Jackson Metro. And it's already more than adequate to address the entire market, and the entire future market for that sort of thing. That's it. The Township is the only game in town. There is nothing else. Everything you could want, including the fanciest gym in the Metro.

And I think it's important to note that The Township (and its projected expansion capacity) more than saturates the market, and the future market, for what you have described.

If you're a real person, and not a developer trying to manipulate consensus, just rent at The Township, stay at a luxury boutique hotel like Fairview Inn, or call a Realtor, who will find a fabulous home for you to rent. Movie people in Canton already know who to call. Nissan people already know who to call. Just ask them.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 12-07-2013 at 10:48 AM..

Old 12-07-2013, 05:00 PM

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I am a real person just trying to solicit some locals' advices. I will have a realtor/local support, but just want to hear some feedbacks from the forum to query some ideal places/locations prior to sitting down with the realtor

I cannot fault you since it does look a bit suspicious that I mentioned "The Township", but I'm in no way shape or form even associated with them nor in real estate.

Cheers...

Last edited by boomgoesthedynamite; 12-07-2013 at 05:52 PM..

Old 12-07-2013, 06:01 PM

1,031 posts, read 959,702 times
This is a fake question. How obvious.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:07 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,842,380 times
Your best bet is to call a realtor or an office that does rentals/leasing.
My friends did that when they moved from Illinois to Arkansas.
They told the rental office what they wanted and all they had to do was show up,
look at the places picked out, pay the deposit then head back to Illinois to
pack and move.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:59 PM

Isn't it against the rules here to solicit business?

Old 12-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Thank you for the answer from people who didn't doubt me.
Once again, pls don't accuse me.
What business am I soliciting? I simply ask for advices for an ideal place. Maybe I could have worded better, but I don't know how to prove to you that I truly need advices. But thanks anyway, I'll just go through the forums and see what I can figure out from previous posts.

Cheers.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 AM

Call
A
Realtor

Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 AM

3,138 posts, read 3,959,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
Thank you for the answer from people who didn't doubt me.
Once again, pls don't accuse me.
What business am I soliciting? I simply ask for advices for an ideal place. Maybe I could have worded better, but I don't know how to prove to you that I truly need advices. But thanks anyway, I'll just go through the forums and see what I can figure out from previous posts.

Cheers.
I think that I'm the one who was being accused of "Soliciting". Brings a tear to my eye. It's like being home, again! When I was little, my Mom, Grandmother, and Great-Grandmother, would relive their glory days, fondly recounting, among other things, their arrests for Solicitation (and how they'd wormed their way out of trouble)... or somebody's arrests for that... I was a kid, and tended to hear things wrong. And if I hadn't been too ugly to go into The Family Business, I'd probably have firsthand memories of that, myself. Anyway, thanks for giving me that little stroll down Memory Lane!

The fact is that The Township is the ONLY place near Canton with the range of amenities you described. An effort to build a second place like that plotzed bigtime, and the people behind that noble endeavor aren't doing so hotsy totsy. Township has more than saturated the market, already. The market is TINY.

What I don't think a lot of developers understand is that 'upscale' parents in Mississippi tell their children things like, "Get out of here while you can!" For that reason, as many 'upscale' young people leave the state (when leaving Jackson-proper) as move to Madison County. What I'm saying is that the number of 'upscale' young people capable of paying 'upscale' rents in planned communities is, and will always be, extremely limited.

I am not an investor in, nor am I an employee or agent of The Township. I personally won't TOUCH anything involving residential rental. Not anymore. Nor would I be foolish enough to invest in a mixed-use planned community that is not gated/guarded/fenced. And I personally regard New Urbanism as being a big smelly crock of ordure. It might have worked in the Switzerland of 1990, or the Minnesota of 1975 - but in an America which is rapidly devolving into something resembling a real-life Zombie movie (one where the Zombies can run fast, and insist upon operating motor vehicles) , the vulnerabilities built into such a model are rather obvious.

My assumption was that you were a Developer intent upon swaying the opinion of some group in Madison, with a thinly-disguised pitch involving a "need" for a certain kind of enclave there. Someone else thinks that one of us is advertizing The Township.

I do smell a ploy of some sort, and so, apparently, does someone else. But for all I know, you may have been wanting someone to trumpet the expected arrival of Harbor Walk. And little birds have been trilling a scary song into my ear, about a nascent project in Ridgeland, whose developers have latched onto a source of gubmundt muhneh.

Now, If I were an enemy/competitor of The Township, I'd possibly introduce a discussion which led to the mention of The Township as having pedestrian-friendly rental units close to Canton. I'd to that, because I'd want to cause an avalanche of welfare queens cohabiting with drug dealers (in some circles, that's what's known as a "Two Income Family") rushing toward those nice rental units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or