Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 09:15 AM

772 posts, read 1,000,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Casey is better, but 60% of students are on a free or reduced lunch.
This whole free or reduced lunch program really doesn't matter though, because Pass Christian School District is the #1 top school district in the state of Mississipppi, and has been for several years now! But at Delisle Elementary School in Pass Christian, 68% of the children are on free or reduced lunch. Yet they are a part of the best school district in the state, & it is rated 10 out of 10, as are all Pass Christian schools.

But don't blame it on Blacks, because the school is only 17% Black with 78% White, 2% Two or more races, 1% Hispanic, 1% Asian or Pacific Islander. So that just goes to show you that just because a large percentage of children are in that program, does not mean the school is bad, and it certainly doesn't mean you can't send your children there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 10:01 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zblanton1 View Post
This whole free or reduced lunch program really doesn't matter though, because Pass Christian School District is the #1 top school district in the state of Mississipppi, and has been for several years now! But at Delisle Elementary School in Pass Christian, 68% of the children are on free or reduced lunch. Yet they are a part of the best school district in the state, & it is rated 10 out of 10, as are all Pass Christian schools.

But don't blame it on Blacks, because the school is only 17% Black with 78% White, 2% Two or more races, 1% Hispanic, 1% Asian or Pacific Islander. So that just goes to show you that just because a large percentage of children are in that program, does not mean the school is bad, and it certainly doesn't mean you can't send your children there.
So, apparently, as long as they're poor WHITE children, it's OK. Actually though, this would tend to lend a bit of credibility to statements I've read, that concentrations of poor white children out-perform concentrations of the children of affluent NAM parents (non-Asian 'minorities').

Old 02-05-2015, 04:32 PM

60 posts, read 68,402 times
Again Y'ALL all stupid and I guess we can watch as everyone scrambles to find a statistic to justify their lack of dignity and morals.! Failing schools need the ppl in there communities to be active and involved in the educating process.! Not ppl from different districts and cities having hypothetical conversations over if they lived in that Areas would you send your kids to that school because the truth is clear.! Y'all don't send your kids to black schools don't invest in black schools and create these quote in quote BLACK or free lunch/poor kids...... Because your parents and all of theirs before them told you not to.!

Old 02-05-2015, 05:21 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,350,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU_JXNGent View Post
Again Y'ALL all stupid and I guess we can watch as everyone scrambles to find a statistic to justify their lack of dignity and morals.! Failing schools need the ppl in there communities to be active and involved in the educating process.! Not ppl from different districts and cities having hypothetical conversations over if they lived in that Areas would you send your kids to that school because the truth is clear.! Y'all don't send your kids to black schools don't invest in black schools and create these quote in quote BLACK or free lunch/poor kids...... Because your parents and all of theirs before them told you not to.!
I think we know who the real stupid person here is.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:25 PM

Clearly majority of the people posting in this group with the exception of just 1 or 2. Madison2013 you will never nor will your kids be searched in there elementry middle or high schools on a day to day basis as if you are a criminal. If you treat em like animals they act like it.! JPS was not nurturing or sympathetic to my childhood innoncence ...instead they treated me and every other black boy at the school as if they were babysitting me until an inevitable life of crime jail or poverty.! People talk about healing a community but its all BS.! A small number of kids a couple of years before I went to Bailey magnet High School had drugs on campus so they implemented some daily search procedure that separated bay students from girl students and had officers search us everyday.! Years and years of classes of students subject to unconstitutional searches on daily basis but every one expects black students to be have ha.! Give us an environment for students and not a waiting room for incarceration.! Disrespectful teachers biter and judgemrbtal of students who need the most guidance.! #Pitiful

Old 02-05-2015, 06:27 PM

And I'm not correcting one damn incorrectly typed line so have at it Madison2013

Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Clearly majority of the people posting in this group with the exception of just 1 or 2. Madison2013 you will never nor will your kids be searched in there elementry middle or high schools on a day to day basis as if you are a criminal. If you treat em like animals they act like it.! JPS was not nurturing or sympathetic to my childhood innoncence ...instead they treated me and every other black boy at the school as if they were babysitting me until an inevitable life of crime jail or poverty.! People talk about healing a community but its all BS.! A small number of kids a couple of years before I went to Bailey magnet High School had drugs on campus so they implemented some daily search procedure that separated bay students from girl students and had officers search us everyday.! Years and years of classes of students subject to unconstitutional searches on daily basis but every one expects black students to be have ha.! Give us an environment for students and not a waiting room for incarceration.! Disrespectful teachers biter and judgemrbtal of students who need the most guidance.! #Pitiful
What are you trying to say in English?

Old 02-05-2015, 07:45 PM

No in Ebonics.! If that was an attempt to throw shade at my cultural way relating what I'm thinking. Lol you're a joke and have said nothing of substance. Thanks for showing how hard it is for you to handle the truth.! I mean if your so justified there's no need for you to feel shame foolery.! But let me say this, hello to all in this forum. My name is Anthony im 21 years old Black and a TRU JACKSONIAN .! I hope y'all ready for my perspective.! Doesn't look like its many posting in here of my background but it seems to be Much discussion of me and my ppl.(I do take it personal) But its fine maybe you all need some insight into what it really mean to deal with what you all are talking around on a daily basis.! Madison2013 I appreciate your smart alec responses but you don't live with these people you are so afraid to send your kids to school with so your opinion doesn't matter.! DOESN'T!!!

Old 02-05-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
No in Ebonics.! If that was an attempt to throw shade at my cultural way relating what I'm thinking. Lol you're a joke and have said nothing of substance. Thanks for showing how hard it is for you to handle the truth.! I mean if your so justified there's no need for you to feel shame foolery.! But let me say this, hello to all in this forum. My name is Anthony im 21 years old Black and a TRU JACKSONIAN .! I hope y'all ready for my perspective.! Doesn't look like its many posting in here of my background but it seems to be Much discussion of me and my ppl.(I do take it personal) But its fine maybe you all need some insight into what it really mean to deal with what you all are talking around on a daily basis.! Madison2013 I appreciate your smart alec responses but you don't live with these people you are so afraid to send your kids to school with so your opinion doesn't matter.! DOESN'T!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, this here is why people don't want to send their kids to public schools in Jackson.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:13 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,110,072 times
TruJxn, thank you for joining us. I for one welcome your perspective, especially because of your young age and your bright future ahead. Please stick with us!!

My question for you off the top is how you think you would have benefited from attending a private or parochial school?

I ask this, because my hypothesis is that I believe private schools are far better at providing a safe, intimate environment for kids and their teachers are more able to provide personalized attention to the kids (in part because the schools are better at providing an environment in which kids are better behaved, which frees up the teachers to focus on the kids with more personal attention on learning).

I realize that a lot of kids come from homes in which violence and hostility and chaos is daily and never-ending, and these kids obviously are less likely to thrive in school. For that reason, I also wonder if kids should attend not only nice private and parochial schools, but also attend school all day through say 6pm and year round, i.e. without a summer break.

What do you think?? How much difference would that make in the long run for kids coming from violent home environments, as well as kids from loving home environments but surrounded by other violent kids who dominate the classroom etc.

At your age, you have a chance to get involved now, and who knows, you could be either mayor or senator or governor in a couple of decades. What is your vision??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson