Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 04:55 PM

6 posts, read 7,837 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or is Madison slowly turning into Jackson? Seems like about 60% of the houses in Madison are now rental (i.e, East of I-55). Many real estate folks and others own homes and are secretly renting them. This is ever-increasing. Mary HAS kept out apartments BUT the growth of rentals east of I55 is no different than apartments. These transits from hinds and rankin county live in the rentals a few months until they are evicted or just leave without paying rent. The growth is unbelievable. The foreclosures for June is unbelievable! Are folks living beyond their means and up to their eyeballs in credit? Many are coming here renting to bring their huge families, nephews, nieces, etc. to attend our school and living in these rental houses. They are not for Madison and need to go back to where they came from. If you can't afford it don't come here and trash up our town! Unbelievable. Yes, it will be a trashy town. I was born and raised here but I am ready to move out......just can't stand what has happened to Madison. Where there's rentals, there's trouble a-brewing. Uggh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 07:42 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,349,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlowzityeah View Post
Is it just me or is Madison slowly turning into Jackson? Seems like about 60% of the houses in Madison are now rental (i.e, East of I-55). Many real estate folks and others own homes and are secretly renting them. This is ever-increasing. Mary HAS kept out apartments BUT the growth of rentals east of I55 is no different than apartments. These transits from hinds and rankin county live in the rentals a few months until they are evicted or just leave without paying rent. The growth is unbelievable. The foreclosures for June is unbelievable! Are folks living beyond their means and up to their eyeballs in credit? Many are coming here renting to bring their huge families, nephews, nieces, etc. to attend our school and living in these rental houses. They are not for Madison and need to go back to where they came from. If you can't afford it don't come here and trash up our town! Unbelievable. Yes, it will be a trashy town. I was born and raised here but I am ready to move out......just can't stand what has happened to Madison. Where there's rentals, there's trouble a-brewing. Uggh!
You know how I know you don't know what you're talking about?

Old 06-28-2015, 05:22 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
I assume OP lives on one of the 'value-priced' streets, in the '60s part of town. All the way up here, I've heard about the gang members, who've moved onto one of those streets, and who have tagged a (1) stopsign. Apparently, they are also attempting to terrorize elderly residents of that area.

Those things won't last in Madison, for very long. They never do.

What those creatures don't understand is that they will be lucky if the police get to them, before some of the retired government ops in the town arrange a little something for them. Babette hears that these young people have been depositing their used booze containers behind hedges - and that private individuals are getting fingerprints off them. They better get out of town while they can, if recent history is good predictor of the immediate future.

Last year, people wised-up, and realized that fire pits were being used for disposing of illegal smoking materials. Now, firing-up the fire pit will draw the cops to your door, faster than you can say, "My little Trina-dawn would never do drugs!"

People who cannot behave do not last for very long, in Madison.

People out walking their dogs will call and report anything even vaguely resembling the odors of meth or meth labs. And the police respond, QUICKLY.

People who spot little plastic deodorizers hanging from car rearview mirrors, or who see dark tinting, will sniff around the cars. And they'll write down VIN numbers, along with license tags. Suddenly, you'll see a bunch of blue lights, because some druggie got reported, or somebody's VIN number didn't match the license plate, or the VIN number wasn't visible, or....

You hear about all the people leaving Jackson for Madison. But surely, you've heard about all the misfits headed FROM Madison to Jackson. That happens with affluent families who have rotten kids. It happens to long-time Madison residents, whose substandard behavior has come under increasing scrutiny.

It's only a matter of time, before revolving funds start upgrading the drab little houses on the cheap streets. It's only a matter of time, before those valuable, level, square, 1/3 acre lots with good soil, attract a tear-down craze, with the little houses replaced by big ones. This is STILL happening in Northeast Jackson (or was happening, until Neal & Anna did what they did: http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/201...s-respond.html I wonder if there will be any more teardowns replaced by mansions, in Jackson-proper, after that.): tired little houses being replaced with big, fine ones. It's inevitable that tear-downs will upgrade the housing stock in Madison, too. Those old Madison ranch houses are on the most buildable land in the entire metro.

Soon, there will be nowhere left, in Madison, for flophouses with blue peacocks on top.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 06-28-2015 at 05:51 PM..

Old 06-28-2015, 05:46 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,349,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I assume OP lives on one of the 'value-priced' streets, in the '60s part of town. All the way up here, I've heard about the gang members, who've moved onto one of those streets, and who have tagged a (1) stopsign. Apparently, they are also attempting to terrorize elderly residents of that area.

Those things won't last in Madison, for very long. They never do.

What those creatures don't understand is that they will be lucky if the police get to them, before some of the retired government ops in the town arrange a little something for them. Babette hears that these young people have been depositing their used booze containers behind hedges - and that private individuals are getting fingerprints off them. They better get out of town while they can, if recent history is good predictor of the immediate future.

Last year, people wised-up, and realized that fire pits were being used for disposing of illegal smoking materials. Now, firing-up the fire pit will draw the cops to your door, faster than you can say, "My little Trina-dawn would never do drugs!"

People who cannot behave do not last for very long, in Madison.

People out walking their dogs will call and report anything even vaguely resembling the odors of meth or meth labs. And the police respond, QUICKLY.

People who spot little plastic deodorizers hanging from car rearview mirrors, or who see dark tinting, will sniff around the cars. And they'll write down VIN numbers, along with license tags. Suddenly, you'll see a bunch of blue lights, because some druggie got reported, or somebody's VIN number didn't match the license plate, or the VIN number wasn't visible, or....

You hear about all the people leaving Jackson for Madison. But surely, you've heard about all the misfits headed FROM Madison to Jackson. That happens with affluent families who have rotten kids. It happens to long-time Madison residents, whose substandard behavior has come under increasing scrutiny.

It's only a matter of time, before revolving funds start upgrading the drab little houses on the cheap streets. It's only a matter of time, before those valuable, level, square, 1/3 acre lots with good soil, attract a tear-down craze, with the little houses replaced by big ones. This is STILL happening in Northeast Jackson (or was happening, until Neal & Anna did what they did): tired little houses being replaced with big, fine ones.

Soon, there will be nowhere left, in Madison, for flophouses with blue peacocks on top.
You don't live in Mississippi and you are not funny

Old 06-28-2015, 07:15 PM

772 posts, read 999,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
until Neal & Anna did what they did: Jackson Jambalaya: The Stephens respond I wonder if there will be any more teardowns replaced by mansions, in Jackson-proper, after that.)
Oxford House has been since been ordered to stop the operation of their homes in NE Jackson.

Jackson Jambalaya: Gilbert to Oxford House: Shut it down and pay a fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson