Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:51 PM

27 posts, read 34,545 times

Advertisements

Autocorrect messed up the spelling on some of the words in my post. My apologies. That's what I get for not proof reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 05:47 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,349,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckytown123 View Post
How nice it would be if the city and suburbs could get over theism petty fights. Something good comes to Jackson and dwashington and Madison2013 want to be trolls? That doesn't sound conducive to anything good. There's good and bad that happens in Jackson. In addition to cathead and lucky town, other businesses that have located in the area include seraphim solar, venyu technologies, utility management corp, as well as several retailers like Whole Foods, Kate Spaid, Lululemon, Red Sqaure, etc. Congrats, Jackson. Not everyone in the area hates you.
It's a 20 job business. Congrats Jackson. The future is bright!

Old 11-24-2015, 06:52 PM

Seraphim solar will create 250 jobs, while venyu will create approximately 400. As for the distillery, we are glad to have it in our downtown, even if it only creates 20 jobs. Nice try.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:21 PM

Ohhhh you got me!

Old 11-28-2015, 09:35 PM

168 posts, read 191,995 times
I don't care nothing about none of this attempted gentrification you folks be tryin' to accomplish.

Represent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdgwRGzmBY

Old 11-29-2015, 08:29 PM

Of course you don't care, because you're a troll. It doesn't fit the narrative of Jackson that you keep in your head. So you post a youtube video from the worst part of town made by a small group of people as if it represents the entire city. If you were open enough to post which town you live in, I would extend that town the courtesy of not assuming their worst (possibly, trolls like you) represents the community as a whole. It's not my interest to tear down surrounding communities. I'm sorry that you're too much of a child to feel the same.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:46 PM

772 posts, read 999,686 times
^ This

I'm tired of people looking at the crime in West or South Jackson and just assuming the entire city is like that.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 AM

168 posts, read 191,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckytown123 View Post
So you post a youtube video from the worst part of town made by a small group of people as if it represents the entire city.
So are you saying that these folks do not matter? You belittle these folks and their neighborhoods by saying they are from "the worst part of town"

I was under the impression that black lives matter (now).. Why are we not building entertainment or more decent living conditions in Jackson for these folks?

Do you think annexing neighborhoods and demolishing houses one-by-one and building some fancy, shiny new buildings full of stuff that they cannot afford and just pushing them out to surrounding cities is the answer?

You can't claim to be "revitalizing a community" if your revitalization efforts only benefit one subset of people.

You're not solving any of the problems that Jackson has by ignoring them, I'm sorry. Thinking you're just going to "push" all the criminals to surrounding cities or as zblanton1 states, West or South Jackson, isn't going to make them just go away. Until you look around and realize that these folks deserve better services, housing, and most importantly - education just like everyone else, you're just spinning your wheels in the mud.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:14 AM

Your post is so full of garbage, it's not even funny.

First, according to your logic, if a city of 170,000 has even a few bad eggs in it, it's doomed. Everyone must be perfect. You somehow leapt to the conclusion that my post was directed toward black people in general, even though I specifically limited my discussion to "a small group of people," as in not 75% of the City. Also, I'm sure I could find similar videos from just about any city, e.g. Hattiesburg.

Furthermore, I realize that gentrification has it's downsides. I guess you would just suggest getting on the internet and screaming at people to stay out of a place and not investing in it is a better option? You think Hattiesburg isn't trying to gentrify it's own areas, like downtown? Where is your outrage when it happens there? Or do other places get a pass because they aren't Jackson?

Finally, if you think my post implicates the Black Lives Matter movement, maybe you should do some research (no, anything authored by a Fox News Correspondent does not count) on what exactly the Black Lives Matter activists are working towards.

By now, you've probably figured out I know you're from Hattiesburg. Great! I spent four of the best years of my life (undergrad) there. I know firsthand that it's a great and affordable place to live. I also know that a year ago, you posted that you were trying to move back. Why has it been so hard to do that by now? Is it because you've spent so much time trolling?

Old 11-30-2015, 10:05 AM

How about you guys finish this squabbling on private message and spare everyone else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson