Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 05:45 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times

Advertisements

Serious excitement! MONDAY: Donald Trump to hold rally in Madison | Local News - WAPT Home

This makes me SO happy! Maybe I'll cancel meetings out here, and fly in. What a day it will be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 07:23 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
Oh God, please pray.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:08 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Oh God, please pray.
LOL. Please vote, God can only help so much.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:40 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,176 times
I am just in shock that he is somehow the frontrunner for the Republican nomination. I never ever would have thought people would take him seriously. I mean, the guy's plan can be summed up something like this: "It's gonna be great. Just trust me, you are gonna love me".

Old 03-07-2016, 07:29 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Based on Trump's past victories in the South, I get the impression that many Southerners will not vote for anyone with a surname like "Rubio" or "Cruz".

Old 03-08-2016, 03:42 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Based on Trump's past victories in the South, I get the impression that many Southerners will not vote for anyone with a surname like "Rubio" or "Cruz".
Both Rubio and Cruz did well in Arkansas, especially in the entire metro Little Rock area and SW AR. In fact, Cruz just barely lost that state. Cruz also did well in western LA...from Ruston to the TX line and SW La. Baton Rouge and its wealthiest suburb was Cruz's as well. I wouldn't count out Jackson Metro, the Gulf Coast, and College Town Counties just yet.

I do predict a huge Trump sweep in the Delta, based on how well he did in the N. LA parishes right on the Miss River: Madison (across from Vicksburg) and East Carroll (across from Issaquena and Sharkey Co's). These two are the "most Delta" of the parishes, and Trump took both with outright majorities! Based on Trump taking every Alabama county (unless I misremember), East MS should be Trump's for the taking, too.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:45 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,410,807 times
Trump is winning with 50% of the vote with just 20% of precincts reporting. He has been declared the winner.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:47 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Good job Mississippi! Trump 2016-2024

Old 03-10-2016, 12:24 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
Default Three Men CHEWING GUM ON CAMERA

Honestly, folks... if cameras are going to be trained on you, there are certain things you need to consider. If men are going to wear flat-front trousers, they need to have compression shorts on, underneath - unless they WANT to display the merchandise. Women need to be sure they aren't mixing their winter whites (including their pearls) with their bright whites. And, for Heaven's sake, DON'T CHEW GUM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb6Yo19ZBGw

If you have the honor of being up behind the Candidate, on camera, you should have the common decency to not be chewing gum. It makes you look dumb - and sometimes thuggish. You're up there to lend credibility to your candidate - not to detract from his credibility.

Capisce?

As for Trump's address, I thought it was BRILLIANT! And how wonderful that so many people were gathered outside the auditorium! And it was wonderful that Mayor Mary got the recognition she so deserves.

For the first time in decades, I feel that there's a chance that there is actually a future. Before Donald Trump came along as a candidate, I was convinced that there was nothing ahead for America, and then the world, but unspeakable horrors. Now, I believe that there may be hope.

As for that Crudball Creature, and the Rubella Creature, and the one whose name sounds like a primer you'd use to stop a stain on a wall (or an obnoxious and ancient TOP 40 music 'personality' - or a product you'd spray under the hood of your car, to get rid of old dried-up grease).... I will vote for Hillary, if Krudz or Rubio become the nominees, because I really don't want a President who looks, and will probably rule, like a Central American dictator. So, I will vote for anything running against them.

If Kasich is the nominee, I just won't bother to vote at all.

In any event, I hope Mr. Trump saw a bit of Madison, and complemented the Mayor on her miraculously wonderful little city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson